Votes: 12 22.2%
  • 14-2

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 15-1 or 16-0

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This will be the last weekend of the year without NFL football folks and the last weekend without the Seahawks for quite some time. Congrats, you survived another offseason.

In the spirit of college football, let's get some preseason polling. We'll begin with the Seahawks record in 2017.. this is straight forward so what do you got?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I'll go 12-4. I think we stay healthier, see an improve O-line, and a crushing D again.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3uqg4g0o said:
This will be the last weekend of the year without NFL football folks and the last weekend without the Seahawks for quite some time. Congrats, you survived another offseason.

This made me smile. It's been a long offseason.

Elliot Harrison thinks we're going to lose on the road to the Niners and finish 11-5. I think 12 wins is more realistic.

Sealake80

Reaction score
There is a very small chance we go undefeated. And I couldn't resist. 16-0.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb and saying for that the first time in several years, we DON'T start the season off slowly - we'll scrape by and eek out more wins early on in the first quarter, then get hot. 14-2.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3timnj4p said:
I'm going out on a limb and saying for that the first time in several years, we DON'T start the season off slowly - we'll scrape by and eek out more wins early on in the first quarter, then get hot. 14-2.

Agreed with this, only I'm going 13-3.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":31uxvnr7 said:

I want to believe you, but with three of our first five on the road against the Packers, Titans and Rams I see a stumble or two.

Also while I think we've added some great depth this year with our FA's and draft picks, it might take til mid season before that all comes together.

So I went 11-5, with a strong second half of the season going into the playoffs.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HaHa! Whoever voted for 1-3 wins has to be a troll.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
9-7.

This season will be a wake-up call for everyone.

The defense loses a step, the o line continues to slow the offense down. The season ends in dissapointment, falling short of expectations

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Wow, Jerhawk. Color me surprised at your selection.
I know there are concerns(O Line, etc) but I have faith in this team. It's weird because I felt last season exactly like you do now. More-so after the injuries started. This season, I just have a good vibe. Don't know why exactly, but I do.
Last year I predicted 9-7. This year I went 12-4. I think and hope the OLine gels better. Another year of experience will improve them. It HAS to.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":hkltp3zg said:
I know there are concerns(O Line, etc) but I have faith in this team. It's weird because I felt last season exactly like you do now. More-so after the injuries started. This season, I just have a good vibe. Don't know why exactly, but I do.
Last year I predicted 9-7. This year I went 12-4. I think and hope the OLine gels better. Another year of experience will improve them. It HAS to.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3cplu86f said:
I like the way you think. :2thumbs:

I'm leaning in the 13-3, 12-4 range if they can avoid the serious injury bug.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3u2l7na3 said:
9-7.

The defense loses a step, the o line continues to slow the offense down. The season ends in dissapointment, falling short of expectations

So who DID you want in the offseason? Joe Thomas and Forrest Lamp, I'm guessing?

I'm not sure how you can criticize our moves on defense. We went out and got a stud DE prospect, enough depth to reload the Legion, and the only sign that defense has shown of "slowing down" was Earl Thomas getting injured.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ogzz1hdh said:
Jerhawk":ogzz1hdh said:
9-7.

So who DID you want in the offseason? Joe Thomas and Forrest Lamp, I'm guessing?

I'm not sure how you can criticize our moves on defense. We went out and got a stud DE prospect, enough depth to reload the Legion, and the only sign that defense has shown of "slowing down" was Earl Thomas getting injured.

While I don't agree with Jerkawk, if you take off your Hawk colored glasses a case could certainly be made that this team might be past it's prime...........especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Kam hasn't played a full season in what, four years? Earl's coming off a MAJOR injury, Sherman spent all of last year throwing tantrums and we don't even know who's starting opposite him, possibly a rookie.

That doesn't exactly all add up to the LOB of 2012/2013. They have a LOT to prove, along with everyone else on that side of the ball. So if we get more of the same with injuries, in-fighting and underachieving, then you could certainly make a case for a down year, even 9-7.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1bvb6z0m said:
Seahwkgal":1bvb6z0m said:

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
Me too.
That's how I felt last season and we won 2 more games than I predicted, so there is that. :)

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Already said this but as looks as though it may be the "official" prediction thread I'll c&p it here:

At the risk of being called a homer by the cool kids I'm going to go ahead and drink the "O-line is finally coming together" cool aid, couple that to a healthy Russ/Jimmy connection ... sprinkle in some 'Lacy as the hammer our running game needs' and viola: we finally have an offense that properly compliments our still elite defense.

13-3, HFA & LII here we come!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1g6svrjn said:
Jerhawk":1g6svrjn said:
9-7.

There wasn't a whole lot they could've done in the offseason in regards to the o line thanks to past mistakes and poor drafting to get themselves into the situation they had last season.

I sincerely hope the o line goes out there and becomes at least an average line.

And the defense isn't getting any younger, also thanks to poor drafting in recent years. They had an opportunity to fill a void with Kevin King, instead they went a different direction, trying to get an interior pass rusher, which is understandable.

Hell, I want these guys to go all the way. I'm not trying to troll, I'm just pessimistic at this point. I hope they shut me up.

Btw I'm not trying to derail the thread here. Everyone has an opinion, I'll go back into my cave now

bigskydoc

Reaction score
11-5

Despite a strong, but meaningless, 3-1 pre-season showing, the Hawks get off to yet another sluggish start. After a frustrating 3-3 opening, complete with Wilson suffering yet another seemingly unnecessary injury, they find shaky footing to finish out the remainder of the season with only 2 additional losses.

We, inexplicably, split home and home with the Rams, who proceed to lose to just about everybody else. We take the NFCW crown again, because look at the competition, A win against either the Falcons, the Giants, or the Cowboys, combined with losses to the other two, is enough to secure a bye, but prevents us from hosting the NFCCG.

Despite having an identical record, and the head to head win, the Packers are relegated to the wild card by a loss to the Lions, whom they defeat in the wildcard game.

The divisional matchup is an ugly affair, marred by a controversial call in the Packers favor. The Seahawks, however, pull off the improbable win, only to be destroyed in the NFCCG, by a team who proceeds to be annihilated by the Patriots who are out to prove that they can win in all phases, and all quarters, of the game, silencing the two doubters who think last year's come from behind win was some kind of fluke.

Half of us claim we will refuse to watch another Patriots Super Bowl, but actually will watch it, hoping to see a pouting, defeated Brady. We will, of course, be disappointed yet again.