Season Tickets Are Being Mailed Out

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's this year's gift...Pretty cool poster of a packed Clink. Will look sweet matted and framed and added to any 12's Man Cave.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,246

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Did they send out an e-mail this year when they mailed your tix? Last year I didn't get the e-mail until after I had received the tickets.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah we got an email...

Here's the package they came in, plus a sample of what the tix look like this year. They do a nice job these days of presentation.

Attachments

• unnamed-(1).jpg
    unnamed-(1).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,216

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I gotta disagree with Aros on this year's gift. I think it's total crap. I pay $6K a year for my six seats, and as a "thank you" the organization sends me a poster that definitely costs less than $3.00 to produce. It's almost as bad as when they sent two decks of playing cards as our ST thank you a few years ago.

Also, I find it laughable that they have arranged a "special deal" with some framing companies that you can take your poster and get it professionally framed for ONLY $60.

At this point they're just pissing on us and calling it rain.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3eg3fgp4 said:
I gotta disagree with Aros on this year's gift. I think it's total crap. I pay $6K a year for my six seats, and as a "thank you" the organization sends me a poster that definitely costs less than $3.00 to produce. It's almost as bad as when they sent two decks of playing cards as our ST thank you a few years ago.

Also, I find it laughable that they have arranged a "special deal" with some framing companies that you can take your poster and get it professionally framed for ONLY $60.

Now you know how the "elite" really feel toward the peon fans.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":35wlb4ai said:

Meh. How about this? They don't have to send us anything other than the tickets. Get over yourself.

$6K? Sure, that's a valid investment and no joke but why should the team feel compelled to compensate for your investment outside of the entertainment value it provides each year? YOU choose to pay that kind of money. Not every fan does or can. Why on earth should you think the team should match your investment outside of the value that money already provides?

Not trying to be a dick here but come on.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Aros":fmfeqlih said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":fmfeqlih said:

Meh. How about this? They don't have to send us anything other than the tickets. Get over yourself.

$6K? Sure, that's a valid investment and no joke but why should the team feel compelled to compensate for your investment outside of the entertainment value it provides each year? YOU choose to pay that kind of money. Not every fan does or can. Why on earth should you think the team should match your investment outside of the value that money already provides?

Also not trying to be a dick but it is a picture anyone of us could take on any game day and do the same thing with. I was fine with the poster (I will give it to the people who buy my other 2 tickets) because what I care about are my tickets but I thought it was ridiculous as the above poster did that they try to lure us to an outside vendor to pay more money. If I pay $60 to $80 for a gift it is not a gift, I would rather not get anything. I would be happier with (1) free Beer or a soda!

devo2478

Reaction score
Ive learned to be grateful for the Seahawks box and whatever is inside. You pay for the tickets and anything else is gravy. It could be worse. I have Vikings season tickets as well and they do everything online. All e -tickets and they dont mail you anything. They just built a $1B stadium and they dont spend a dollar on renewal notices, season ticket printing or any sort of trinket, just all emails and online notifications. Not sure how many teams step up the presentation like the Hawks do, but your $6k is for the tickets inside the box.

kidhawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":1qu2424n said:
Aros":1qu2424n said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1qu2424n said:

Also not trying to be a dick but it is a picture anyone of us could take on any game day and do the same thing with. I was fine with the poster (I will give it to the people who buy my other 2 tickets) because what I care about are my tickets but I thought it was ridiculous as the above poster did that they try to lure us to an outside vendor to pay more money. If I pay $60 to $80 for a gift it is not a gift, I would rather not get anything. I would be happier with (1) free Beer or a soda!

I can't speak for Aros, but I've known him a very long time, and it sounds to me what he's saying is basically...there's no reason to complain about any gift really. It's patently rude to complain about a gift given to you. If they were selling an add-on to your ticket sales that says "Pay a little more and get a wonderful extra surprise with your tickets", and this is what you got, then yes as a consumer you should complain if you don't like it. As with any gift, it should be excepted with grace and if you don't like it, don't display it...heck, you don't even have to keep it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27fwhfxb said:
25th year coming up as a Season Ticket holder. That's enough of a gift for me. Just sayin

I do envy you. I wish I lived within driving distance to the stadium. I'd definitely be happy to be a season ticket holder too.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Ive thought previous gifts were fine, and when people complained about them I disagreed.

However this gift is a total joke.

The photo isn't an aesthetically or technically well shot photo.

The print isn't remotely a high quality print nor is it on high quality paper.

Sure, the point is the tickets, but for an organization that gives so much praise to it's fan base, I'd quite honestly rather get NOTHING but my tickets rather than some cracker-jack quality "Free toy in side" disposable low-quality trash print. It would have been less of an insult to get nothing.

I was kinda grossed out by this gift, not in an ungrateful way, more in a "wow they spent more money on the tube it came in then this print why even bother?" sort of way.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
It is a gift and nothing else. Consider it exactly that.
It works like this...
One year...weak gift
Next year...cool gift
After that...another kinda sorta lame gift.
Then another one...back to back lameness
Time for a cool gift...yeah!
Next year...meh gift
repeat.

The team solicits surveys and questions about many topics to my email. I suggested a simple pin, with the number of years as a STH displayed as an annual gift. I would like that and it need not be pricey.

rjas77

Reaction score
I got my "gift" and effing lame! I called the office and let them know what I thought of their appreciation of my 18 year season ticket holder support.

mikeak

Reaction score
My son liked the poster.

I am surprised nobody said anything about the 15% discount to the pro shop being an electronic card and one per seat. This was great. Kept one gave one away

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
By sending out gifts every year, they've set expectations, and it's seen by many as a part of the money they pay for the tickets. What this particular gift feels like, is that it was a last minute, "oh crap, we need a gift" kind of thing, and it gives one a feeling of cheapness, which this administration is NOT known for. So ya, they don't HAVE to do it, but they have been since the new stadium opened (I can't say if they did before then, as I didn't have tickets prior to that), and it reeks of cheapness and afterthought.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This is purely an outsiders perspective, because unless I relocate, or become extremely wealthy, I will likely never hold season tickets. One thing about a business such as the Seahawks organization, the bottom line is dollars. Fans make the Seahawks money. They want the fans to be happy. If it comes to a point where fans complain about something that costs them more money as it is, the likelihood is that they stop doing them altogether.

So, even when a gift is cheap or cheesy and not to your taste, it's fine to hate it, even trash it here on a message board, but it would be in everyone's best interest not to give too much negative feedback on something of this nature. JMHO

devo2478

Reaction score
I have to disagree. I dont think any expectation has been set. The only thing to expect is that there will be something included and you never know what it will be. I've been a ST holder since 2007(11 years) and here is what I've received:

Good Stuff that I use:
Winter Gloves
Flags ( I've received two over the years. One thick and great quality, and the recent one with our ST holder year on it)
Blanket
Super Bowl Plaque
Winter Hat
Metal ST Holder License Plate Frame

Not Great
Deck of Cards
phone charger

Two years I cant remember what it was that they sent out.

Point is, we have all gotten some pretty cool stuff and from my list above, its good more often than not just in my 11 seasons. Yep some years its not as great, but the surprise each season is half the fun. You PAY for the tickets, not for the trinket that comes with it. My guess is you can count on one hand the number of teams that do send out a gift. Anyone else on here that has tickets for another team feel free to chime in. I know first hand the Minnesota Vikings dont do crap and the Minnesota Wild dont do anything either and I pay almost $7000 for two lower level full season seats. Just makes me look forward to getting my Hawks tickets each season.

nrayorr

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":gzq55ick said:
The team solicits surveys and questions about many topics to my email. I suggested a simple pin, with the number of years as a STH displayed as an annual gift. I would like that and it need not be pricey.

Hey... I like that idea. I can put those on my lanyard that holds my ticket. Very cool idea indeed!

I have to say that I did like my first gift of the 12th man flag. Will take that on my cruise and snap some pics with it at each port and submit them to seahawks.com