Eddie Lacy average at best at camp?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I have now read a few articles that Lacy hasn't been very impressive at camp and that rawls and carson have been the RB's to beat. I was really hoping Lacy would come in like a battering ram but have heard the opposite. Anyone who has been to these practices want to weigh in?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We certainly haven't heard much about him, other than his meeting his weigh-ins.

stang233

Reaction score
He will not look good until they are 100 percent full contact

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He's been average at best his entire career. Nothing new here.

Rawls is going to win this job and Lacy will be the vulture TD guy on the goal-line.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
At best he plays average I seriously doubt he can be a better back than Rawls when Rawls is completely healthy. I guess we'll see on Sunday.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ufkt8k4 said:

Rawls is going to win this job and Lacy will be the vulture TD guy on the goal-line.

If Collins retains that clutch-hustle gene he sported late last year, I wouldn't count on Lacy making the team at all.

CUE ACFAN!!!!!

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I was at camp yesterday. All of the RBs looked bad/really average coming out of the backfield to me. The o-line was getting worked though. Two safeties in backed up situations, penalties (quite a few false starts), and lots of sacks given up.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1orqcf52 said:
I was at camp yesterday. All of the RBs looked bad/really average coming out of the backfield to me. The o-line was getting worked though. Two safeties in backed up situations, penalties (quite a few false starts), and lots of sacks given up.

That's beyond dissapointing.

Hopefully they can clean it up soon

irocdave

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste any time trying to judge Lacey until full contact drills. Even then, he' s a veteran and is not going to go full tilt till it matters. Will he get hurt early, who knows, but know that he will provide a power back presence at the beginning of the season, when things matter. Until he gets hurt, or goes on an eating binge.

toffee

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1ovs23e1 said:

Any recollection which lineman gave up the sacks and stuff?

Seymour

Reaction score
Word is Rawls is tearing it up too. Hopefully he doesn't blow his wad early and let us down. Lacy I was 50/50 on anyway. It would be far better if Rawls steps up and lands a contract here anyway (provided he keeps rolling like we know he can)

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Lacy didn’t do much in the mock game which was in part by design — with no to-the-ground tackling allowed Carroll said the format didn’t suit his strengths anyway.

But expect him to get some work in the preseason opener Sunday against the Chargers when we should begin to get a fuller idea of how he will fit in this season.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... wide-open/

ACFan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":9700ouhg said:
Hasselbeck":9700ouhg said:

If Collins retains that clutch-hustle gene he sported late last year, I wouldn't count on Lacy making the team at all.

CUE ACFAN!!!!!

present :)

Lacy is right at the point most NFL backs start to decline. If that proves to be the case with him, then an improving AC might leapfrog him, but so could Prosise and Carson, and Rawls obviously.

Of course I'm excited for AC and think he's poised to have a break out year, but what a backfield to compete with.

You might could draw names from a hat for your top two RBs this year and it'd probably work out OK.

Rawls, Collins and Carson seemed to have created the most buzz in camp so far, we'll start to know more soon.

ACFan

Reaction score
I think Lacy is valuable to start the year especially, experimenting with the O-line probably means we'll have average run blocking at best to start the year, so we need backs who can get yards on their own.

Love what Rawls can do, but if there is some penetration he can easily lose 7 yards, we need backs who can get back to the line of scrimmage, or push the pile for a few extra yards.

So I think Lacy is extra valuable to start the year. Let the O- line develop as the season goes on, and get Collins, Carson and Prosise up to speed, then maybe not so much.

Arlo

Reaction score
Prosise has been solid but he came into camp with the flu

ACFan

Reaction score
The idea of all other RBs progressing, doing the offseason work, and being better options than Lacy by the regular season, might be the description of things going perfectly to plan. With Lacy being an insurance policy not needed.

It's still way early, but if it stays on this course, we may have over-fixed the RB problem.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Teams rarely (if ever) tackle to the ground in training camp.

Lacy's game is yards after contact.

Every training camp smaller and faster backs look like world beaters, and once people start tackling to the ground in pre-season games and the regular season, the big power backs who can break tackles again come to the fore.

I wouldn't even start to try to evaluate Lacy until tackling starts happening.

ACFan

Reaction score
Popeyejones":yep5fqxx said:
Teams rarely (if ever) tackle to the ground in training camp.

Lacy's game is yards after contact.

Every training camp smaller and faster backs look like world beaters, and once people start tackling to the ground in pre-season games and the regular season, the big power backs who can break tackles again come to the fore.

I wouldn't even start to try to evaluate Lacy until tackling starts happening.

well said, easy to undervalue Lacy right now, and maybe over-value others.

it changes once real contact starts and you have to get up and do it again and again, then we see who looks like what.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
ACFan":285ko3p5 said:
MontanaHawk05":285ko3p5 said:
Hasselbeck":285ko3p5 said:

CUE ACFAN!!!!!

present :)

Lacy is right at the point most NFL backs start to decline. If that proves to be the case with him, then an improving AC might leapfrog him, but so could Prosise and Carson, and Rawls obviously.

Of course I'm excited for AC and think he's poised to have a break out year, but what a backfield to compete with.

You might could draw names from a hat for your top two RBs this year and it'd probably work out OK.

Rawls, Collins and Carson seemed to have created the most buzz in camp so far, we'll start to know more soon.

I haven't read or heard squat about Collins from camp. It's all been Rawls, Carson and now Procise(especially from the scrimmage). Carson is creating a lot of Buzz and I also have read he is excelling at blitz pick up. That is a HUGE plus factor if you ask me.