McDowell contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if the Seahawks plan on paying McDowell his contract ?

According to the NFI rules, a team can choose to pay all or part of a player's salary on the NFI list. So I was wondering if anyone has heard about what the Hawks plan on doing.

If it was me, I wouldn't pay him, or pay him something very minimal. Force him to stay in Seattle to rehab. There were questions about his maturity and motivation to play football, and giving him his full pay after he screwed up like this doesn't really teach him anything IMO.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":vt7gwbwp said:
Has anyone heard if the Seahawks plan on paying McDowell his contract ?

According to the NFI rules, a team can choose to pay all or part of a player's salary on the NFI list. So I was wondering if anyone has heard about what the Hawks plan on doing.

If it was me, I wouldn't pay him, or pay him something very minimal. Force him to stay in Seattle to rehab. There were questions about his maturity and motivation to play football, and giving him his full pay after he screwed up like this doesn't really teach him anything IMO.

I've said it a few times in this thread...the Seahawks aren't about to make a decision on this part of the issue until they have to, and they don't need to put him on the reserve list until after the pre-season when the cuts are made. Even then they don't need to make the financial decision at that time, and with Pete and John, they aren't going to jump up and shout how they handle it anyway. It might get leaked at some point, or we may never really know.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
John Clayton seems to think they'll take a quarter of his signing bonus. I think that was the amount?

kidhawk

Reaction score
For some reason when I saw this thread, I assumed it was the same thread already running. As long as we are still working on speculation, let's keep it all limited to one thread. If there is something based on new facts then we can start a different thread. This way we can keep the facts separate from the speculation. Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137495

Status
Not open for further replies.