How Would You Divide RB Carries Tomorrow Night?

ACFan

Reaction score
Conventional thinking is the ones you want to evaluate get the most PT in preseason.

But heck, we need to evaluate every RB, nearly equally don't we?

If it's been decided that Lacy will be the starter week 1, (and I think it has), then I guess he gets 3 token carries to start preseason games, then rides the pine.

Then what happens? How long does Rawls go? does Prosise get more than 3rd down looks? how do things get divided up from there?

If everyone looks good, do we showcase guys for trade bait by week 3?

If no one looks good, do we rotate the bottom half of the depth chart up to get work with the 1st team O-line?

How hard do we really evaluate Lacy?, do we just trust he'll be able to bring it week one? or how much of it do we need to see in preseason?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
As far as I know, unless I missed somebody saying something, I don't think anything has been decided regarding Lacy as week 1 reg season starter. In fact I feel like it is more Rawl's job to lose at this point.

I think they mentioned, or at least I believe, Procise won't play to further recover. I think we probably only see a few token touches for Rawls and Lacy. The majority probably goes to Carson and Collins to see whats up there. Then the rest spread to whoever else we have hanging around.

OP
OP
ACFan

ACFan

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":eplyzmau said:
As far as I know, unless I missed somebody saying something, I don't think anything has been decided regarding Lacy as week 1 reg season starter. In fact I feel like it is more Rawl's job to lose at this point.

I think they mentioned, or at least I believe, Procise won't play to further recover. I think we probably only see a few token touches for Rawls and Lacy. The majority probably goes to Carson and Collins to see whats up there. Then the rest spread to whoever else we have hanging around.

what's Prosise recovering from? still the flu thing?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Rawls then Lacy, one series each, prosise third down back those two series. Then Carson would finish out the half, Mckissic third down back.. I would give Reece several plays blocking for Russ and the starting rb's. AC would start second half, then Davis. Fill out the rest of carries with the rest of the guys. Madden would get work in the second half as both fb and rb.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I want to see very little from Lacey, Rawls & Collins, as these guys are proven warriors.....we need to find out what Algernon Brown has at Fullback, Carson needs to showcase his wares playing against the # 1 Defenders, NOT SCRUBS.
I want to see some light duty outings from Prosise...No need to stress test any of our players that have sustained injuries....At least NOT until the games really count....Regular Season is soon enough for me.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Why would Lacy start? As much hype as there is surrounding him, I'm not as confident he will find as much success here as some of our young guys.in fact I think every other running back we have will end up being better than him in their prime.

We really are spoiled at the RB position fwiw. Need guys to just stay helathy now.

Josea16

Reaction score
I'd use Carson and Collins heavy. We all know Lacy, Procise and Rawls are in. It's all about the former two and Mckissick now.

Josea16

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1rbg9en4 said:
Pete said to expect to see a lot of Carson.
I thought I already said that? Basically Carson is this year's Pope. Expect him to be awesome and never actually be anything in the NFL while helping the four guys that will make the team be rested.

The NFL is such a nasty business so start accepting that and deal.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1btmf8bz said:
Rawls then Lacy, one series each, prosise third down back those two series. Then Carson would finish out the half, Mckissic third down back.. I would give Reece several plays blocking for Russ and the starting rb's. AC would start second half, then Davis. Fill out the rest of carries with the rest of the guys. Madden would get work in the second half as both fb and rb.

This...Rawls and Lacy will barely play. It is preseason game #1.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":j8gl7nof said:
I want to see very little from Lacey, Rawls & Collins, as these guys are proven warriors.....we need to find out what Algernon Brown has at Fullback,

Evidently Pete found out enough because he cut Algernon Brown before camp started. He plays for the Jets now.

How exactly is Collins a "proven warrior"?

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
ACFan":3oownr86 said:
oregonhawkfan":3oownr86 said:

what's Prosise recovering from? still the flu thing?

Prosise has been healthy except for his flu the first 2 or so days. Heard the Prosise hype train slowly picking up speed since then.

My guess for carry breakdown:
Rawls (start) 5
Lacy 3
Collins 7
Carson 8
Davis 5
Madden 5

chris98251

Reaction score
Lacy and Rawls don't play till week three, we start with Collins and or Carson, give them time with the 1st unit and lets see how they do out of the gate. Let Davis, Madden and McKissic get their touches the second half mixing Reese in as plays dictate. This way Lacy keeps working on that ankle and getting it stronger as long as possible, no need for him to try and cut and get hit in a awkward manner till it's needed. We know what Rawls brings, Collins as a Vet now can carry the load as the starter the 1st half and Davis doing the same in the second. We know the line will be sloppy anyway 1st game we want to see who can break tackles and who has the desire to push themselves.

Davidess

Reaction score
Josea16":2g0c21fq said:
Grahamhawker":2g0c21fq said:
I thought I already said that? Basically Carson is this year's Pope. Expect him to be awesome and never actually be anything in the NFL while helping the four guys that will make the team be rested.

I mean you could say hes this years pope but you never know. I mean look at Rawls who went undrafted. Pope really didn't have much of a shot as we had drafted 3 RBs that draft. I am not saying he will light it up but to say "yeah expect him to be a Pre-season Phenom but nothing more" is a bit immature considering we haven't played yet. Don't crown/Uncrown? players just yet my friend.

If I am dividing carries I go like this

Rawls/Lacy a couple plays
AC/Carson/Mike Davis go till the 3rd quarter and then run McKissic (althought I thought I remember them saying something about him playing WR)
then Tre Madden

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
chris98251":2l3117kd said:
Lacy and Rawls don't play till week three, we start with Collins and or Carson, give them time with the 1st unit and lets see how they do out of the gate. Let Davis, Madden and McKissic get their touches the second half mixing Reese in as plays dictate. This way Lacy keeps working on that ankle and getting it stronger as long as possible, no need for him to try and cut and get hit in a awkward manner till it's needed. We know what Rawls brings, Collins as a Vet now can carry the load as the starter the 1st half and Davis doing the same in the second. We know the line will be sloppy anyway 1st game we want to see who can break tackles and who has the desire to push themselves.

Well, Pete already said Lacy is playing tonight for sure. And with both of them missing significant time, they will each play at least a series. They want them to get a little time at game speed.

OP
OP
ACFan

ACFan

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":256oopz6 said:
Why would Lacy start? As much hype as there is surrounding him, I'm not as confident he will find as much success here as some of our young guys.in fact I think every other running back we have will end up being better than him in their prime.

I've had that very thought, that Lacy might come out and look pretty good, but 3 or 4 younger guys might end up looking as good or better. What would that mean for Lacy?

jdemps":256oopz6 said:
My guess for carry breakdown:
Rawls (start) 5
Lacy 3
Collins 7
Carson 8
Davis 5
Madden 5

I think that's a good guess.

Josea16

Reaction score
Davidess":iksqh9hb said:
Josea16":iksqh9hb said:
Grahamhawker":iksqh9hb said:

I mean you could say hes this years pope but you never know. I mean look at Rawls who went undrafted. Pope really didn't have much of a shot as we had drafted 3 RBs that draft. I am not saying he will light it up but to say "yeah expect him to be a Pre-season Phenom but nothing more" is a bit immature considering we haven't played yet. Don't crown/Uncrown? players just yet my friend.

If I am dividing carries I go like this

Rawls/Lacy a couple plays
AC/Carson/Mike Davis go till the 3rd quarter and then run McKissic (althought I thought I remember them saying something about him playing WR)
then Tre Madden
Usually the players that get the most work are this one's least likely to make the team at a position group like running back.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":ehk7tny5 said:
chris98251":ehk7tny5 said:

Well, Pete already said Lacy is playing tonight for sure. And with both of them missing significant time, they will each play at least a series. They want them to get a little time at game speed.

The question was how WOULD YOU DIVIDE RB carries tomorrow night not what Pete is going to do.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Give Lacy two series, split the rest between Collins and Carson, camp bodies in the 4th.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'd leave Rawls, Procise, and Lacy on the sidelines for the most part while the oline gels a bit . They are all coming back from injury and I'd hate to lose any of them in the preseason because someone missed a block.