Carson flattened a DE on his 2nd TD

endzorn

Reaction score
Can someone make a gif of Carson's second TD? I don't know who the hell that poor DE for LA was, but he meets Carson head-on at the 1-Yd line and a split second later he is a dying cockroach three yards deep in the end zone.

You must rewatch.

pmedic920

Reaction score
It's already posted.

Favorite play thread.

It really was an awesome display of RB power, and what appears to be poor technique by the Charger dude.

:{)

massari

Reaction score
Guy who he ran through was 6'4" 280lbs. :shock:

[youtube]lkIJZsRpiP4[/youtube]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":370v0cfl said:
Now Post Collins TD on what not to do.
Collins biggest problem is his feet stop moving after the hit, Carson's don't.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3bztgbxw said:
chris98251":3bztgbxw said:

He ran straight up, you need to be in a lean and a position to initiate a hit and drive with your shoulder in that area especially, Carson delivered a blow, Collins took one.

TwilightError

Reaction score
That was my favourite highlight as well. Probably not gonna work against all NFL DEs but it gives a good indication that Carson is a real deal power back.

hawk45

Reaction score
Carson's college highlights show a lot of that as well. I feel sorry for anyone smaller than LB who tries to come in at the end of a Carson run, especially short yardage. Not pretty.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I cannot believe we got this dude in the 7th round. Hope he crushes it this year. Truly will be a fantastic story.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Not to take away from Carson, but that was a pretty weak tackle attempt.

ACFan

Reaction score
lobohawk":2fqgmyjh said:

yep, every back we have except maybe Rawls and Prosise would have done the same on that play.

not to dreail the hype train, Carson does seem legit.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":4mgoph9m said:
Sports Hernia":4mgoph9m said:
chris98251":4mgoph9m said:

He ran straight up, you need to be in a lean and a position to initiate a hit and drive with your shoulder in that area especially, Carson delivered a blow, Collins took one.

Prosise has this same problem. He runs too upright and takes too many square shots, which is why he gets hurt.

sc85sis

Reaction score
ACFan":1w5rvctz said:
lobohawk":1w5rvctz said:

yep, every back we have except maybe Rawls and Prosise would have done the same on that play.

Rawls lead the league in average yards after contact his rookie season, if memory serves.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
ACFan":1s6y07gt said:
lobohawk":1s6y07gt said:

My friend, this is a Carson highlight thread. Your commentary appears you're trying to lessen the accomplishment of completely overpowering a 280 lb DE. That doesn't happen every day-especially by a rookie and was very impressive. If Collins had done something similar, believe me, people would've taken notice and appreciated it as well.

ACFan

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2u2mfavs said:
ACFan":2u2mfavs said:
lobohawk":2u2mfavs said:

My friend, this is a Carson highlight thread. Your commentary appears you're trying to lessen the accomplishment of completely overpowering a 280 lb DE. That doesn't happen every day-especially by a rookie and was very impressive. If Collins had done something similar, believe me, people would've taken notice and appreciated it as well.

It was a nice play, but I'd strongly disagree Carson "completely overpowered" a DE.

Go look at it again, the DE is moving almost completely laterally upon contact.

How do you think they'd do in one on one lineman drills, when both have their feet set and are moving forward?

Think Carson would "completely overpower" a DE then? not even close. Carson had all the forward momentum, the DE had zero, all his momentum was sideways, Every back on our roster could have knocked him forward for a yard with the poor position he had.

Collins also had a physical, 1 yard TD, getting past two defenders who had a more N-S orientation at the point of attack.

And Collins was criticized by many for it, it didn't "look right" to them. it was a harder collision than it needed to be or something like that.

So I'm not the only one "lessening accomplishments". It was a good play, and Carson looks promising, I'm just looking at it more realistically I think.

I liked Pope too, but people would tend to exaggerate what he did as well, same story here?

fwiw, I do think Carson has a lot more going for him than Pope.

pmedic920

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1chdo6tw said:

I also mentioned poor technique by the "charger dude", I'm no expert and it seemed fairly obvious to me.

It was a very impressive looking power run but it was not 100% skill and power by Carson.

I don't however think that anyone, including myself, is trying to take anything away from Carson.

If we are going to evaluate individual plays, it's my opinion that we should do it honestly.

YMMV.

Edit: it's also very possible the the defensive player was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing. And it appeared to me there was poor technique involved.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone else think that the Hawks will deal Collins for a late round pick before the regular season?
Seems like it would be best for both sides, and maybe he can contribute somewhere else.

Latest posts