I other small thing I noticed during the game

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
I've read the posts of others detailing the highs and lows and the good and the bad from our first pre-season and I agree with nearly all of it. We played well (other than that first Chargers drive) and our depth looks good.

However, there's one more thing that I'd like to mention that I noticed that I don't think has been talked about here. But if it has then I apologize for the redundancy.

Did anybody else notice how much more of a unified team we seemed to be? What I mean by that was I saw more camaraderie that I've seen in about 4 to 5 years. Watching our super stars like Wilson, Thomas, Graham, Sherman and Chancellor (just to name a few) always celebrating with the new guys every time they came off the field after a nice play and always teaching/coaching up the newbies was a wonderful site to see. It lasted throughout the entire game!

I had to watch the NFL Network broadcast which was the Chargers announcers but every time they showed our sidelines it was awesome to see this. I didn't see this same thing from he Chargers. Their starters were mostly sitting on the bench waiting for the game to end.

Now I know this is not as important as the X's and O's and play results but I really found that encouraging and refreshing to see from our guys. With some of the turmoil that we've been through this offseason we could have been a team divided but if the first pre-season game is any indication then we appear to be closer and much more of a unified team than in the past couple of seasons.

Of course, I could be reading way too much into this but i always think stuff like this is important in it's own way. I remember our 2013 team and the "we all we got, we all we need" mantra and the looking out for each other. We really fought for each other that year and this kinda reminds me of that.

Anyway, thought I would share! 8)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Although I didn't necessarily notice any more or less camaraderie, I've always believed that team/ locker room chemistry is a HUGE part of any team's success or failure.

If the chemistry has gotten better, IMO it's a big deal.

Whoop Whoop
GoHawks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good point. However it's easy to be tight as a team when things are going right. If they were losing 48-17 would that camaraderie still be there....that's the test.

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
I agree. Russ's comment that it feels like a new beginning, was telling. I think with the marriages, kids and big contracts they look at each other and say lets be legends, lets embrace the moment, LETS WIN FOREVER. I think 100% buy in to Pete and faith in JS / PA to look at each player as a person and reward those that scarfice for team... see Kam and MB 3rd contracts. Super excited for this season...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I did, but like I've said before.........in the pre-season everyone's in amazing shape, everyone's getting along and everyone's "on it."

We won't know if any of this matters until September 10th @ 1:25PM.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Not much to Bxxxh about during a game like that. That said, let's hope they all remain on the same page this year.

Millen Hawk

Reaction score
I also noticed that there was a lot of positive energy and our teammates were cheering for one another, it was great to see after the dramatic year we had last year. However, it seemed that mostly the veterans were getting excited toward a rookie or practice squad player ...and how likely will we see those players in the regular season? The veterans know that these players are playing for contracts (both on our team or another) so of course they are excited for them.

I really hope that this attitude continues all the way through the post season. IMO the biggest thing we were lacking last year was energy, the LOB attitude, and swagger.

chris98251

Reaction score
They have been attacked for lack of chemistry, in fighting all off season, they are looking inside again for their moti8vation, also when it's a new season the stress and problems from last season are on the back burner unless they are repeated. lets see how things work out when they face adversity.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1wc4v9cr said:
Did anyone notice AC puking after his TD?

It looked like puked a little as he went off to the sideline after the TD.

Lol no I must've missed that one. Yikes!

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16iw9jzr said:
I did, but like I've said before.........in the pre-season everyone's in amazing shape, everyone's getting along and everyone's "on it."

We won't know if any of this matters until September 10th @ 1:25PM.

Except for, ya know, the fights that break out from time-to-time at training camp seemingly every year for almost every team in the league. Or the stories that fans swallow hook, line and sinker and never shut up about -- like the "drama" going on in the Seahawks locker room this offseason.

Of which these topics have gone on and on for pages on this very board. :stirthepot:

LolaRox

Reaction score
I definitely noticed it. It was my positive in the one postive/one negative thread.

It seemed like they were having tons of fun with each other. Also, the moment they all took a knee, when Simone was down, struck me in a good way.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PeteCarroll/status/897502568804372484[/tweet]

This is the tweet Pete was responding to ( I don't know how to get the picture to display in the tweet as it does on Twitter)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tyrantd/status/896908054347657216[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
I happened to notice that Sherman "let" Boykin throw from the 1. Either that is progress, or he really does dislike Russell. :twisted:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jdemps":26ixqne6 said:
It seemed like everyone on the sidelines was really engaged and having fun. Reminded me of the preseason game against the Broncos in 2013.
Good call.

fav13259

Reaction score
I was at the game and saw the vets cheering on the new/bubble guys. Kearse to McKissic, and Sherm and Thomas to some others. It was cool to see. You don't normally see much of it in games because the camera doesn't focus on it as much

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Seymour":3ricvoq5 said:
I happened to notice that Sherman "let" Boykin throw from the 1. Either that is progress, or he really does dislike Russell. :twisted:
:lol:

I also felt like the boys were having a lot of fun out there and looked really unified.

I'm probably being stupidly optimistic, but I've been having 2013 feelings this preseason. The team looks hungry and deep.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Part of being on this team is encouraging the guys that are trying to be on this team. Been that way for a long time. There was no more or less chemistry than any other meaningless pre season game in the past! Lose a few, get some injuries, and that "chemistry" will be gone faster than anyone can even imagine. Last year proved when the cards are down, it's still every man for himself.