Vancouver to Colts - Travel advice please

GlastoHawkUK

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to be in Vancouver on the weekend of the Colts game, and hoping to get down to Seattle for my second Seahawks match.
First question - are any Hawks fans traveling down from Vancouver? I will be happy to share gasoline costs etc, I will be staying in the Surrey area of Vancouver.
Alternatively has anyone advice on best means of travel down from Vancouver.
Should add I am on British passport so that may impact travel time at border?
Any help and advice will be much appreciated

Jville

Reaction score
How about enjoying a scenic Amtrak Cacade train ride on Saturday September 30 or on Sunday (game day) morning on October 1st. Tickets prices start at $32 and you are delivered to the King Street Station in close proximity to Century Link Field.

Here is a reservation link which also provides border crossing information >>> [urltargetblank]https://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak[/urltargetblank]

Important Border Crossing Information: Amtrak services that cross the US/Canada border are subject to inspection by Canadian and American law enforcement officials. When making a reservation for such services, you must provide your date of birth and country of citizenship. You must also indicate the form of ID that you will carry with you on your trip. Further conditions apply. Find out more about border crossings and passenger security and ID requirements.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jville":3807gjl0 said:
How about enjoying a scenic Amtrak Cacade train ride on Saturday September 30 or on Sunday (game day) morning on October 1st. Tickets prices start at $32 and you are delivered to the King Street Station in close proximity to Century Link Field.

Here is a reservation link which also provides border crossing information >>> [urltargetblank]https://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak[/urltargetblank]

Important Border Crossing Information: Amtrak services that cross the US/Canada border are subject to inspection by Canadian and American law enforcement officials. When making a reservation for such services, you must provide your date of birth and country of citizenship. You must also indicate the form of ID that you will carry with you on your trip. Further conditions apply. Find out more about border crossings and passenger security and ID requirements.

Even tho this is a bus, it is a better idea methinks. I like using local or other means transportation whenever possible. That one goes from Surrey to King street station and has round trip capability. Heck, you could probably bring a kindle/ipad/book for the wait at both locations and for on the bus.

If I stay at my brothers place, I take the sounder and get into the station across from the stadium. If not that, I take the 150 bus which goes pretty much to the stadium from Kent as well. It also stops at Southcenter mall on the way downtown. Just things to think about.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I second the train route.

Great views and you can have drinks if you like. Also the king street station is so damn close to the stadium.

Jville

Reaction score
Train travel from Vancouver to Seattle with the Amtrak Cascades is a great and economic way to avoid border traffic, relax and enjoy the spectacular coastal views. >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.clairefromyvr.com/vancouver-to-seattle-by-train[/urltargetblank]

Clairefromyvr P6283536
Pacific Central Station Vancouver – Amtrak Cascades Rail from Vancouver to Seattle
Arrive 40 minutes before departure! Doors open at 5:30 am. Bring your passport.

The Amtrak Cascades runs twice daily from Vancouver to Seattle with an 6:30 am early morning departure from Vancouver to Seattle (arriving around 10:55 am), which continues on to Portland arriving there at 3:00 pm. And an evening Vancouver departure at 5:35 pm just to Seattle arriving there at 10:00 pm. Northbound returns from Portland (at 2:50 pm), and Seattle (at 6:50pm), and arrives back in Vancouver late in the day at 10:50 pm. Or stay the night in Seattle and take the early morning return departing Seattle at 7:45 am, and arriving in Vancouver at 11:45 am. If you wanted, you could even visit Seattle for the day, you can catch an early morning train from Vancouver to Seattle, and return in the evening on the same day.

Enjoy the Heritage-listed Beaux-Arts-style of Vancouver Pacific Central Railway Station.

The train ride takes about 4 hours long, that’s only a little longer than driving from Vancouver to Seattle under ideal conditions, it drops you off downtown and offers you whopping savings by avoiding Seattle hotel parking fees.

Clairefromyvr P6283568
Bistro Car – Amtrak Cascades Rail from Vancouver to Seattle

The beauty of train travel is you can get out of your seat and enjoy a stroll along the trip. Visit the Bistro Car, between cars 2 & 3. If you’re hungry you can get hot coffee (no espresso), sandwiches and snacks. And seriously, getting up at 5 am and scrambling to Pacific Central Station before 6 am, I could use another coffee, and who had time to eat? The Lounge Car is located next to the Bistro Car, and offers table seating, a nice alternative if you want some space, need to work, or want a better seat.

Clairefromyvr P6283644
King Street Station, Downtown Seattle – Amtrak Cascades Rail from Vancouver to Seattle

Seattle’s King Street Station has just undergone a major renovation, and this beautiful public space is a real treasure! Over 40 percent of commuters arrive in Seattle using public transportation these days. King Street Station is part of the largest transit hub (bus tunnel, Metro, Sounder, Amtrak, the new First Hill streetcar) west of Chicago and north of San Francisco. And the recent renovation of this beautiful station is even more incentive to take the train.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wait, they FINALLY fixed up King Street Station? Last time I was in there, it was a dingy homeless hangout, as it has been every time I've ever been in it. It has been a few years at this point, though.

HawkerD

Reaction score
It shouldn't be a problem in early Oct but after heavy rain we sometimes have mudslides that close the track between Everett and Seattle. On Oct 1st that is highly unlikely, especially considering how dry it has been here.

chet380

Reaction score
If you are a rock fan, don't miss the Museum Of Pop Culture -- near the Needle -- obviously lotsa Jimi stuff but many other very interesting exhibits.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
Looking at the Sounder schedule from the UK I am not impressed. Comparing it to a rail service from London to Cardiff which is two Countries and around the same. There are a lot more than two trains a day and it is a lot quicker than four hours.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ronnieboycefanclub":260wzw0n said:
Looking at the Sounder schedule from the UK I am not impressed. Comparing it to a rail service from London to Cardiff which is two Countries and around the same. There are a lot more than two trains a day and it is a lot quicker than four hours.

Apples and Oranges