(Rumor) Hawks interested in trading for Sheldon Richardson

drrew

Reaction score
Yes please.

Making the money work would be really difficult, but yes, I am also interested in the Hawks trading for Richardson.

Rat

Reaction score
He's a great player, but I'm worried about what this might mean for Malik.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
How about Ifedi and Lane straight up for Richardson?

Probably get him in the under the cap. Ifedi is $1.8M and Lane is $5.2M so $7M vs Richardson $8M hit. If we knew we could lock him up long term I'd throw in a 5th rounder.

Seymour

Reaction score
jdemps":2zt0qi23 said:
I say Sheldon Richardson for our 3rd round pick. He's going to get paid next year so we'd end up with a 3rd round comp pick. Just a year later.

That doesn't get us the $$ to pay his $8M this year.

They will need to dump someone like Kearse or Lane to make this work IMO so may as well trade them.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
They have been interested. That is not news.

Rob is bringing it back up by connecting a few dots. Our previous overtures, and bringing in a CB makes Lane expendable. A position the Jets want to work on.

The point that we asked him to make a pay cut before outweighs all of that, imo. We already tried and failed, pre draft. Deal would be infinitely less likely now. I consider this dead.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seymour":1s2r97i9 said:
jdemps":1s2r97i9 said:
I say Sheldon Richardson for our 3rd round pick. He's going to get paid next year so we'd end up with a 3rd round comp pick. Just a year later.

They will need to dump someone like Kearse or Lane to make this work IMO so may as well trade them.
They could also rework his contract which has already been discussed with him if what he said is true...

"It's a business, bro," Richardson said. "There was one team that asked me to take a pay cut ... and it was Seattle. And Washington too.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...-seahawks-redskins/17ulqxe22l3uo1q7vlk6hchxng

Seymour

Reaction score
DJrmb":nagvl8dz said:
Seymour":nagvl8dz said:
jdemps":nagvl8dz said:

They could also rework his contract which has already been discussed with him if what he said is true...

"It's a business, bro," Richardson said. "There was one team that asked me to take a pay cut ... and it was Seattle. And Washington too.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...-seahawks-redskins/17ulqxe22l3uo1q7vlk6hchxng

After reading that, I feel the same. Doesn't sound like he will take a lowball offer to me. And reworking contract is a bad idea since you are paying later for a 1 year rental.

GM4aday

Reaction score
sending Kearse's money would be great...they need WR as well.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Cutting Kearse only gives us (roughly) $300,000 in cap space. He isn't getting cut this year, in fact there is a good chance he gets an extension.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa guys, slow your roll. The Jets are doing everything they can to get rid of him. He is a massive cancer in the locker room. Just a couple of days ago JC said that anybody even thinking of trading for him should just wait it out as the Jets may decide to part ways with him and flat out release him, and in NO WAY is he worth taking on a $8.1 million dollar salary for this year. He was very good in his first two years in the league and fallen off super quickly the last two years (only 1.5 sacks last year after 8.0 in 2014).

Hard Pass.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Dude was 2013 defensive rookie of the year. He has talent. We have not had consistent pressure up the middle since we won the Bowl. With a bunch of one year contracts as well as an aging core, this team has to be feeling a sense of urgency. I still say go for it.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Rat":wn6libnh said:
Richardson would be like a MLB rental player, as his deal expires at the end of the year, thus creating a spot for McDowell next season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":36dw66e5 said:
Rat":36dw66e5 said:
Richardson would be like a MLB rental player, as his deal expires at the end of the year, thus creating a spot for McDowell next season.
Yep,
I'd give up Lane and Kearse for him, would the Jets do that though???

Seymour

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1924cpaj said:
Whoa whoa whoa guys, slow your roll. The Jets are doing everything they can to get rid of him. He is a massive cancer in the locker room. Just a couple of days ago JC said that anybody even thinking of trading for him should just wait it out as the Jets may decide to part ways with him and flat out release him, and in NO WAY is he worth taking on a $8.1 million dollar salary for this year. He was very good in his first two years in the league and fallen off super quickly the last two years (only 1.5 sacks last year after 8.0 in 2014).

Hard Pass.

Disagree. He is worth that. Sacks from a DT is not that huge of a stat to watch. QB pressures / hurries is more telling, and middle pressure is lacking on this D line.

2016 Richardson had 14 pressures. Calais Campbell had 16 (another DT) to give a comparison.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Seymour":yf8s32v1 said:
jdemps":yf8s32v1 said:

Trade Kearse or Lane? It's a no brainer then! LOL!