So tired of the soap opera drama

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Man I don't know if its just more of it this off season or maybe it's the TMZ'ing of sports coverage but I am exhausted with all the off field crap. From Shopping Sherm, to McDowell, to punching teammates, to D v RW, to standing or not , to bringing in a exhaunerated DV guy, to KJ getting magical knee help etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Man the regular season can't get here quick enough.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":lyc0hhq5 said:

lol, it's not like the drama stops when the regular season starts..........as we saw last year, if anything it gets ramped up 10 fold.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ve3xm6u said:
gowazzu02":2ve3xm6u said:

lol, it's not like the drama stops when the regular season starts..........as we saw last year, if anything it gets ramped up 10 fold.

We'll be fine....as long as we go undefeated and win by 3 touchdowns per game and never turn the ball over or miss a field goal, we should have a nice calm season

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I just love how the media can't get enough of the Seahawks, especially negative spins. It's gonna' drive them crazy when they Hawks hoist another Lombardi this year. And yes, I do think they will win it all this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":j45j9lfa said:
I just love how the media can't get enough of the Seahawks, especially negative spins. It's gonna' drive them crazy when they Hawks hoist another Lombardi this year. And yes, I do think they will win it all this year.

Well when ever you think that we get to much drama think about things if you were a Cowboys fan. Good, Bad, mediocre, if it's not Americas Team then it's the Americas Most Wanted team, or the Glory Hole Franchise, Jerrys Party Bus, or just Jerry Jones period.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ch68fya said:

I was home yesterday, and I saw nothing but positive interviews, two on the NFL Network, one on His and Hers........and then the big CNN interview.

Condotta's is the only negative article I've read so far that's put a negative spin on Bennett.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Honestly if you can't stand the drama, and I don't blame anyone who feels that way, this isn't the sport for you. Maybe get into your local high school football team or something, where it is about the purity of the game still, hopefully at least. It's only gonna get worse with the NFL

Seymour

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1zv0e3yw said:
Man I don't know if its just more of it this off season or maybe it's the TMZ'ing of sports coverage but I am exhausted with all the off field crap. From Shopping Sherm, to McDowell, to punching teammates, to D v RW, to standing or not , to bringing in a exhaunerated DV guy, to KJ getting magical knee help etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Blame the NFL.

They want to make this a year round money maker and keep NFL interest year round to pull in the $$. So there are way more reporters, blogs, fantasy, and other garbage looking for something to report.

All these same things have been going on for years. Just now with increased interest, and the addition of "everyone's a reporter" social media, we all hear every last rumor and detail, and in some cases even fake news.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1gi88kck said:
SoulfishHawk":1gi88kck said:

I was home yesterday, and I saw nothing but positive interviews, two on the NFL Network, one on His and Hers........and then the big CNN interview.

Condotta's is the only negative article I've read so far that's put a negative spin on Bennett.

Because Bennett put some thought and has a message. Thats what Kap was missing at the jump last year. Bennett is a great mouth piece for any movement because he is articulate can focus on the important points. (i hesitated typing this here but I don't actually mention any of the movements by name, heck Bennett could be lobbying that the earth is flat and the way he goes about it would get some folks on his side)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just a reminder...we aren't going to allow discussion about the issues of player protests, so let's end the player protest talk and move this in a different direction so it can stay open. Thank you

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
The team is successful. Success borne from a strange/atypical team philosophy.

There are plenty of voices out there who predicted that Pete would fail. And it's simple human nature to desire to be proven right. So those voices that had already predetermined Pete's failure naturally seek to find a measure of validation for their own initial opinions.

I'd say it could be patently worse. We could have a generically uninteresting team. One that nobody cares or talks about. Heck, we were that team for 30+ years. As much as it's human nature for some to validate their opinions that we'd fail, it's also human nature for invested fans to have their positive opinions of this team validated as well.

As a fan, I love that this team is interesting. That it matters on a national scale. That Seahawks and vanilla don't mix. Not all of the coverage will be glowing. To me, that's a necessary byproduct of having a great team that demands attention. I welcome it fully. The trick is to simply allow that drama to roll off the back. Enjoy the team for what they are. A successful, often criticized enigma in the current NFL landscape.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":323cxicx said:
gowazzu02":323cxicx said:

Yeah but at that point we are talking football. XYZ stunk, or ABC is an idiot for calling that play. Then I can do what I enjoy most on here, bust chops of the nega hawks who assume the world will end. "Three game losing streak to Buffalo, Philly and NE" I wont forget that anytime soon!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2ogfkxq5 said:
Sgt. Largent":2ogfkxq5 said:
gowazzu02":2ogfkxq5 said:

Yeah but at that point we are talking football. XYZ stunk, or ABC is an idiot for calling that play. Then I can do what I enjoy most on here, bust chops of the nega hawks who assume the world will end. "Three game losing streak to Buffalo, Philly and NE" I wont forget that anytime soon!!

We're talking football if they win.

If they lose? Then all the drama and distractions you're tired of will take center stage as the reasons we're losing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm a different cat anyway, I like when people doubt the Hawks and/or how much they hate the success of the team. :2thumbs:

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1obfn765 said:
gowazzu02":1obfn765 said:
Sgt. Largent":1obfn765 said:
gowazzu02":1obfn765 said:

We're talking football if they win.

If they lose? Then all the drama and distractions you're tired of will take center stage as the reasons we're losing.

I won't care about the off field stuff until someone shows it's the reason the team is losing. People have lives outside of football and we live in interesting times.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point. We live in a time where there has to be an excuse and/or reason why a team loses a game. Sometimes you just lose a game because the other team played better. :shock:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":l2q05l87 said:
I won't care about the off field stuff until someone shows it's the reason the team is losing. People have lives outside of football and we live in interesting times.

Hard to quantify off the field distractions into proof for losing.

My point is it's naive to think the drama talk will calm down once the season start.

- death
- taxes
- team losses = drama

chet380

Reaction score
Ran through the thread -- not a single mention of Bevell -- amazing!!