What do you want to see tonight vs Vikings?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Tonight is pre season game #2.

What main thing, or list of things, do you want to see tonight?

Is it a particular position battle, a certain player's performance? Just trying to get out of the game healthy?

Let us know what you want to see!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see the game! But since I'm TDY in Yokosuka Japan and since I'm either at work or asleep when they're playing (and it isn't on Japanese TV anyway, at least not at the hotel) I'll just have to try and reconstruct the game from you guys and your comments.

sutz

Reaction score
I want more running game. We have a stable of RBs that obviously needs to be trimmed down. We have an OL that is trying to come out of a state of continual flux. We need a few more 3rd/4th and short situations where we impose our will on the opponent.

I was encouraged by the end of game 1, I'd like to see it continued.

j hawk

Reaction score
I want to see our #1 D have two 3&outs. To see our OL open holes so the RB can have good and consistent gains. I have a hunch the passing game will be good. No injuries please.

kidhawk

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how our backup QBs perform this week. They both had excellent weeks against the Chargers, but we need to see one of them be consistent week in and week out.

Most importantly though, I don't want to see any serious injuries this week. That is always my number 1 priority in preseason games.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I would like to see the starting D-line get some pressure and collapse the pocket a few times (without relying on blitzes)

Also I would like to see more turnovers. I'm hoping this year the defense can get back to taking the ball away from opponents at a high level.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Same as every preseason game

- first team offense and defense look crisp and on tempo
- no injuries

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I'll be at the game.

Really want to see the o-line step up for the run game. And, see d-line get some pressure on the qb. Essentially better play in the trenches.

chris98251

Reaction score
Vikings have a decent D line, I want to see us impose our will with both pass protection and running the ball with whomever is lined up at RB at least for average gains, the cream will rise to the top and get more then average with good blocking. But with this collection of backs 3.5 yds average that's not short yardage should not be hard to ask for.

Defense, meh we will not show stunts and complex gap assignments, nor a lot of creative blitzing, you don't see who dominates when you spring guys, we want to see how a player performs and that's a match up situation against someone, whether it's coverage or techniques in blocking or shedding blocks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Carson, Darboh, Williams, and McKissic getting looks in the first quarter.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Blair Walsh go 3-for-3 against his old team and no injuries.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Improvement from Ifedi. A lot of playing time for Pocic. No more than a half for most of the starters. Wouldn't mind a quarter plus 1 series in the 2nd quarter max. Solid consistent running game, and more pass rush. Looking forward to getting back to the House of Noise. Pre-Season or not, stoked.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I really would like to see how our running game looks personally but something to keep in mind is that the running game (especially one using power RB's) has to wear down a defense and usually builds throughout the game and doesn't really hit full stride until the 2nd half. So I don't expect the running game to really get fully going in this game. I don't expect many holes or big gains, or to really see how our running game will look in the regular season. Maybe it's possible to see an almost true picture of that in the 3rd preseason game but most likely not this one.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1e9ut4kh said:
Blair Walsh go 3-for-3 against his old team and no injuries.

Good point with Walsh. Curious to see how he performs against his old squad. That'll be a mental challenge

Seymour

Reaction score
I'd like to see a pre game gathering with both teams taking turns to beat the shit out of a Percy Harvin voodoo doll. :mrgreen: :twisted:

To voodoo doll with two pins stuck in it 506461807

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
For me personally, I want to see the wide receiver battle, particularly McEvoy vs Kasen Williams.

The starting group set is:

Baldwin
Lockett
Richardson (health?)
Kearse (will he make the team?)
Mcevoy, Darboh, Williams, Lawler, etc

Should be an interesting battle there

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seymour":3jnw6wti said:
I'd like to see a pre game gathering with both teams taking turns to beat the shit out of a Percy Harvin voodoo doll. :mrgreen: :twisted:

To voodoo doll with two pins stuck in it 506461807

That's...dark.