Rawls (ankle) Out vs. Vikings

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/seahawks-eddie-lacy-will-start-friday-versus-vikings/[/urltargetblank]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/898248458988953600[/tweet]

Sounds more precautionary...guess we'll see what Lacy can do. Hope it's more than we saw Sunday

SNDavidson

Reaction score
He's probably fine, they want to look at the other backs I bet.

Seymour

Reaction score
I don't like the sound of that. Hey Thomas....it's a contract year. Take care of yourself buddy!

Agree on Lacy. Last week he looked like he was just going through the motions at times. To be fair, limited carries is not all the easy to evaluate a RB though.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
SNDavidson":29qh4x89 said:
He's probably fine, they want to look at the other backs I bet.

Pete called it a minor sprain from the game and said he was held out of practice this week. Said he assumes he'll be ready for next week.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, extra careful is a good thing. Especially w/a deep RB group, and knowing he's gonna' be a big part of the team this year.

sutz

Reaction score
We know what Rawls brings. Not a huge loss if it doesn't linger too long. The guys we really need to see and evaluate will get more reps.

:179417:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
He won't make half a season this year. That ankle is apparently still weak and may never get back to full strength. If it's the other ankle by chance, I still predict he won't make it through the entire year.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if this "injury" really isn't an injury. You know what you have in him, and I wonder if the staff wants to see how the Lacy, Carson, Collins race plays out.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2vn2yot5 said:
Makes me wonder if this "injury" really isn't an injury. You know what you have in him, and I wonder if the staff wants to see how the Lacy, Carson, Collins race plays out.

That would make more sense if he wasn't held out of practice as well. He's still young and can benefit from the reps himself. I think this one is a case of a minor injury holding a guy out of an inconsequential game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He'd get injured after the next game anyway. He's about as useful as a chair on a football field. Not much.

zchurch74

Reaction score
This guy is a joke. I don't care if it's precautionary. He will never play more then 4 games in a row for us where he is at 100%. I like our group of RBs with out him. I have a feeling His will be his last year as a Seahawk. His body won't be able to keep up and we will cut him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3k1icdjj said:
:roll:
Yeah, Rawls is a joke. um.....................ok

Definitely not a joke, Rawls is a hell of a runner.

But do you honestly have faith that he's the long term solution at the position, even part time? There's a reason Pete and John keep drafting and bringing in a ton of backs, they're desperately looking for someone more dependable than Rawls.

IMO his problem is he has the style and mentality of Lynch, but not the durable size or frame to absorb all the contact.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have plenty of hope for guy. Very worried about his injuries. But a joke? Absolutely not, he's a damn good player when he's in there. It's not like the guy is doing this crap on purpose. Unfortunately, some guys are just plain injury prone and/or have bad luck. It sucks, but it's reality. And you make a very good point on his running style, he seems to look for contact more than a lot of guys. I respect that, but at the same time, sometimes you gotta know when it's time to avoid just pounding in to someone.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1dagoo1g said:
He'd get injured after the next game anyway. He's about as useful as a chair on a football field. Not much.

I, too, thought that Rawls was the 2nd Coming of Lynch in his first year. Unfortunately, he is made of glass and cannot taking the regular beatings that an RB in the NFL must take each game. We were definitely spoiled with Marshawn.

If the Hawks are to excel this year, they need a strong running game with 125 or more yards gained each game.

ACFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":14mmr0bl said:
Unfortunately, some guys are just plain injury prone and/or have bad luck. It sucks, but it's reality. .

I would say most athletes in general can't hold up to playing RB in the NFL very long, it's a very rare breed who can go 6 years or more and stay productive. It's a pretty rare breed who can go for long at all.

I've seen how awesome Rawls and Prosise can be, but I formed the opinion of them last year neither had a durable enough body to be the main guy for more than a 4 game stretch. I can't be the only who sees that.

We got Lacy, who will either prove he has above average durability, or will begin to decline, this year or next.

We SHOULD be pulling for Carson to be all he appears to be, we may well depend on him mightily the next few years.

Then' there's my guy AC, who hasn't missed a game to injury in 5 years of playing RB. I'm hoping he gets some prime opportunities tomorrow night, and not just short yardage stuff. Sink or swim time. If he gets the chances, I expect him to stand out.