Seymour

Reaction score
december-party_1775392i.jpg

DJrmb

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CelReece45/status/898260525842259968[/tweet]

HawkGA

Reaction score
Cool. I wasn't sure it would be able to get done. Nice to see at least 1/5 of the Oline will be around for a while!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Whoa! Wait! Aren't the Seahawks NOT ALLOWED to actually pay Offensive Linemen? I mean, the National Media is going to have to change its whole "the Seahawks are cheapskates when it comes to the Offensive Line" script. Seriously, what are they going to do now? This, like, threatens their entire belief system. :shock:

[youtube]WkqgDoo_eZE[/youtube]

HawkerD

Reaction score
Fans ready to throw this guy on the scrap heap a year ago. Trying to play his third position in 3 years we had him for a big time bust. Turn out JS/PC/TC all saw something in him and and were finally able to bring it out. Thank goodness the fans aren't running the team (myself included) Just happy to have him locked up. OL might be shaping up as a strong suit. :sarcasm_off:

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":3ux1u7dh said:
Fans ready to throw this guy on the scrap heap a year ago. Trying to play his third position in 3 years we had him for a big time bust. Turn out JS/PC/TC all saw something in him and and were finally able to bring it out. Thank goodness the fans aren't running the team (myself included) Just happy to have him locked up. OL might be shaping up as a strong suit. :sarcasm_off:

Well, they did appear to get it right moving him to center, but it took them long enough to get it right. He was subpar at both Tackle and Guard. I am very glad he's found a position where he can be a solid (and possibly pro bowl type) player. I just wish we'd have figured it out in year 2 instead of year 3

razor150

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3ua1yqb4 said:
Whoa! Wait! Aren't the Seahawks NOT ALLOWED to actually pay Offensive Linemen? I mean, the National Media is going to have to change its whole "the Seahawks are cheapskates when it comes to the Offensive Line" script. Seriously, what are they going to do now? This, like, threatens their entire belief system. :shock:

So far they've only resigned 2 O-line since Carol got here. Both were centers. It could mean they value the center more than another O-line position, or it could mean we've only had center worth extending.

DJrmb

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JustinBritt68/status/898262724412559360[/tweet]

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The centerpiece of our line is now set. A good deal for everyone involved. Russell will be happy too.

Seymour

Reaction score
The poor guy had to sign a $27M contract with a Bic pen?!

sutz

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2jsva7si said:
Seymour":2jsva7si said:
The poor guy had to sign a $27M contract with a Bic pen?!

Slightly better than a quill.
As long as it's not disappearing ink, I don't care. :laugh:

Jville

Reaction score
John Boyle write up at seahawks.com >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/08/17/seahawks-center-justin-britt-signs-three-year-contract-extension[/urltargetblank]

AgentDib

Reaction score
kidhawk":1b5mafo8 said:
Well, they did appear to get it right moving him to center, but it took them long enough to get it right. He was subpar at both Tackle and Guard. I am very glad he's found a position where he can be a solid (and possibly pro bowl type) player. I just wish we'd have figured it out in year 2 instead of year 3
You probably already read this snippet from Carroll last off-season but they drafted him in part because of what they thought he could do at center.

PC 5/8/16":1b5mafo8 said:
“If we stay with this throughout camp and get enough play time, he will be able to play every position, make him extremely valuable in that regard," Carroll added of Britt's move to center, an idea Seattle discussed last season and one Carroll said they had in mind when the club drafted Britt three years ago.

Of course we still had Unger in 2014 but with hindsight it would have been nice to have Britt make the switch in 2015. I think it came down to them just not liking Bailey very much as he would have been the fan pick for LG that season.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
This guy was a bad tackle, a mediocre guard, but wow he was good at center. So glad he's ours for the long term.

Jville

Reaction score
What a great growth and development story Justin Britt is living. Only 26 years old and has missed only one game. His play and leadership continues to grow. Excited to witness his 4th season.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I find it interesting that I mentioned something last season and will again now. I think what PC had in mind is a training regimen. Go left, go right, then put him at CENTER and he knows what those positions need to know to play the game. And Pete said that is what they had in mind when they drafted him. What a concept. Sorry dotnet....I think they stuck to their plan and won.

I wonder what plan they had for Graham. :roll: :lol: :stirthepot: