George Fant

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete just said surgery will be required. Sounds like it's doubtful George will be able to play this year.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Done till next year for sure, ACL plus whatever else they find once they open him up.

So sorry George, come back stronger than ever.

GO HAWKS!!!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If there are any FA LT available, now would be the time to try them out. Rather see Joeckel at LG than at LT.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
They can't go Into this season with this uncertainty in the oline again. Fant was really.impressing me and was excited to watch him this year

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What a blow. This really sucks. He was holding his own out there. Poor guy

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
The Hawks LT of the future. It's a shame. Can't blame Britt. Like Brock said, he was just being a good teammate and cleaning up. Odhiambo is a third round pick. He's the man now, whether it be at LT or LG if Luke slides out. I really hope he does well and he doesn't turn out to be another wasted offensive line pick.

I was just thinking about Terry Poole the other day and how he was the first lineman taken in the 2014 draft by the Hawks. What a waste that was.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
What's our LT options besides Joekel and subsequently LG? Not sure Rees is viable as a starter at either. Glow could move back I guess, but isn't as natural on the left. I think any which way you cut it, we gotta make a move. Curious to see what they do.

Terrible ordeal for Fant though. Especially after all the work he put in....

TwilightError

Reaction score
Oh no. Not Fant... there will Allways ne injuries but Fant... thats just unfair.

DJrmb

Reaction score
As much as I don't trust him I would be calling Branden Albert first thing in the morning if I were Pete and John...

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Just devastating. For him and the whole team. Just hope the surgery is a success and he can rehab well and contribute next year. He still has a great upside.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I can't even put into words how upset and disappointed I am for George. He was the player I was most rooting for this season and I think he was going to lock down starting LT this year and keep it for years to come.

He did everything right and came in ready this season. Put in so much work.

Just so upsetting to see. This year out of his development is really not good because he's so fresh and raw.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":2mw3o8ei said:
They can't go Into this season with this uncertainty in the oline again. Fant was really.impressing me and was excited to watch him this year

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Awful news. It will change things.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Would have been nice if they had drafted an OT, i.e. Cam Robinson and/or Taylor Moton.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Really awful development. It would be nice to be able to keep Joeckel at LG but Rees was looking shaky at tackle. Fant's on a minimum UDFA contract so we can't afford much of a replacement in trade/FA unless we dump salary elsewhere.

I'm afraid we're going to be looking at a season of growing pains again with a Joeckel-Roos-Britt-Aboushi-Ifedi line.

Crizilla

Reaction score
The pre season is a joke. We don't need to play our starters every game. We don't even need all 4 pre season games. NFL please do something. So dumb.

netskier

Reaction score
My hunch is that they will try Pocic at left tackle, because he is their most flexible and adaptable lineman so far. I hope they train and evaluate him in practices only, and save him for real season games.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Whatever plans they have afoot in the trade market may dictate the reaction to this injury. I also suspect Rees gets the gig and they have to muddle through.

Fant was doing really well. I hope he comes back and owns that spot next year.