Fant Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crizilla

Reaction score
That's the risk for playing starters in the pre season. I don't believe in it at all. I'm not sure if I even believe in pre season in the NFL. It's not worth it.

Fant's injury came with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Seriously? Pete, that is on you. 100%.

netskier

Reaction score
I don't recall the details, but I read something in the last couple of days about how the various teams handle the preseason. The Patriots play their starters the least, and I kind of think that I read that they play only their third and fourth stringers.

I would play only the players that we could afford to lose, and use controlled practices to evaluate the players that we could not afford to lose.

I think Fant was arguably the player we could least afford to lose, other than WIlson, because Fant is the most important protector of Wilson's blind side.

Reaction score
Its unfortunate that it happen. Wishing him a speedy recovery. What are you going to do Fant needed a lot of practice and game experience. I dont blame the injury on Pete at all. The guy has not been a left tackle very long he needed all the reps he can get before the season started. I think most of us would of left him in there at that time.

penihawk

Reaction score
:ditto:

He was headed towards being a solid LT this year but still needs reps against quality competition at game speed as does the whole unit to gel a bit. Unfortunately, last night now raises more questions than delivered answers. Even on the right side. Very disappointing! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts