Left Tackle?

getnasty

Reaction score
What's your plan going forward? If it's me I'm giving Branden Alberts a call this morning or at least the veteran free agent they covet the most. After that I'm sliding Joeckel out there and having Glow move back to left guard. After last nights performance Rees is my 3rd and final option.

Blaze808

Reaction score
Jockel at LT and bump Aboushi to LG. Pocic to RT cause I don't want Ifedi there.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Odhiambo will win the job. He's looked sound at LT every time he's played there. He's struggled a with the other positions but I think he will turn out fine.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Pocic looks like a LT, and his strength is pass blocking. I'd see what he can do out there

Tusc2000

Reaction score
At this point, looking outside the organization for a LT is a waste of time. Anyone who's any good is already on a team. Best bet is to focus on what we have. Joeckel at LT makes the most sense. The good part about our O-line is we have a lot of guys who can play multiple positions, Pete set it up for situations exactly like this.

Seymour

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1gwxph09 said:
Odhiambo will win the job. He's looked sound at LT every time he's played there. He's struggled a with the other positions but I think he will turn out fine.

This is best case scenario if it even comes close to working. Shuffling 2-3 others around is what will really have the more negative impact if we are forced into it.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I would do everything. I would start shuffling current roster, I would call in free agents, namely Alberts, and I would call around for trades. On the trade front, I would try to trade for a lt that is currently a starter, but also would see if a team has a starting quality, middle of the pack type tackle stashed on their roster. I'm sure pcjs will do their due diligence, and explore every available option. This team will be fine. I was sure looking forward to Fants improvement, will just have to be put on hold for the year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seymour":3a38hslg said:
UK_Seahawk":3a38hslg said:

This is best case scenario if it even comes close to working. Shuffling 2-3 others around is what will really have the more negative impact if we are forced into it.

What do you mean? This is Cable's bread and butter!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's gotta be both easier and cheaper to find a LG, but I'd also have to say that anyone we bring in likely isn't going to start. We bring in vets and somehow they need time to learn the extra, extra special way we do things (kind of sarcasm).

kf3339

Reaction score
Albert is the one to go after, If I was PC and JS. He has plenty of starting LT experience and could work well with Joekel on that side of the line. Rees did okay, but there is little after him unless you move Joekel back to that spot. Then you need a starting LG.

It just seems that the best solution is to look outside the current O-Line options and Albert would make sense. Besides, he may just love the idea of going after a ring and then retiring again after the Super Bowl victory. I also think he would come at a very fair deal. Don't you think?

NJlargent

Reaction score
I hope it is not odhiambo. You don't go to a SB with a guy named odhiambo at LT.

James in PA

Reaction score
Sign Albert now or make a trade for a LT. No "shuffling."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2ergkp00 said:

I would have to agree that that would seem to me like the best scenario given the circumstances. When Fant when down last night, I was like UGH!!! NOW what do we do? That's pretty much what I concluded as well. Best case scenario IMO would be ...

Odhiambo (LT) ... Joeckel (LG) ... and personally hoping that Cable will see the light and give Pocic a real shot at winning the RT job.

With Odhiambo's athleticism, I personally think that in the end it's either going to be ...

Odhiambo (LT) ... Joeckel (LG) --- OR Joeckel (LT) ... Odhiambo (LG).

Given what we've currently got, I think that might end up being the best Left Side combination there.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Part of the issue is we don't know how much Joeckel's recent improvement stems from shifting inside to guard and how much is simply that he's 25 now with some experience under his belt. I suspect they are going to slide him out and we'll see firsthand, while Aboushi gets RG and Roos gets LG.

Mojambo

Reaction score
More reps for Rees and see where you're at after next week. I don't move Joekel off of LG.

toffee

Reaction score
It would be best if we leave the other five position intact and just find solution for LT. Give Rees opportunity, and get an older LT as backup. It's unfortunate, that we may have to run LT by community for awhile.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Tusc2000":342mqn6f said:
At this point, looking outside the organization for a LT is a waste of time. Anyone who's any good is already on a team. Best bet is to focus on what we have. Joeckel at LT makes the most sense. The good part about our O-line is we have a lot of guys who can play multiple positions, Pete set it up for situations exactly like this.
You're right. That's why he was so excited about the guy they drafted in the2nd--dude can play multiple positions--sorry can't remember dude's name.

The Breh

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2w430h7f said:
Tusc2000":2w430h7f said:
You're right. That's why he was so excited about the guy they drafted in the2nd--dude can play multiple positions--sorry can't remember dude's name.

Posic.
We did spend our second pick on him because of his flexibility, I expect him to get some looks.
This may not be all that bad considering folks thought Fant should have sat last year and maybe this to learn and absorb the game. Posic may be a rookie but has played Oline the last 3 years at a high level.