Why have gamepass when I can't even watch?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I could only listen to the radio broadcast. What the heck? I am going to cancel it. I live in Michigan, it should have been available to me.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I did the free trial for a week and was very underwhelmed. That said, I neglected to set it up to not subscribe so I'll be trying it out full go for a year. A complaint so far:

Why am I getting away announcers? They have both, I should get to pick what I want. I would hope that anybody getting a radio service would get to pick who they want.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
So many black outs. I know it's pre-season but don't blackouts only affect the local area? Or does living out of state not count with gamepass?

chrisjess

Reaction score
I can't give you all the details on here. But just Google "VPN"
Best of luck!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":217rillj said:
So many black outs. I know it's pre-season but don't blackouts only affect the local area? Or does living out of state not count with gamepass?

I'm pretty sure there are no pre-season games on gamepass. Preseason has been on the NFL network so if there is a blackout for a game on that channel it is because the game is on a local network. For instance, the Seattle game against Minnesota would not have been on the NFL network in Seattle but it is the channel that I watched it on in South Carolina.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Concerning NFL Game Pass and away announcers.

All Seahawk games are blacked out LOCALLY on Game Pass until after the game and then you should be able to see recordings of them I think. They use your billing Zipcode to determine what is and what is not a local game I think, (it used to be that way).

As far as the announcers being used on the recorded and live pre-season game broadcasts it has always been the road team announcers, why I have no idea.

I wouldn't make any knee jerk decisions based on any of the pre-season games as you are generally getting a much scaled back product compared to the regular season games.

I have had it for three years and will renew it just before the first regular season game again this year, it is well worth the money IMO.

GO HAWKS!!!

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I watched the San Diego game on Game Pass last week. Not live but the day after. So on Sunday(today), I could not watch the Seattle/Minnesota game. Confusing. I did listen to Raible and Moon's radio cast. Still is not the same as watching it though.

LolaRox

Reaction score
That's weird, I thought blackouts only occurred when the game is being shown live local. Was the Hawks v. Vikings shown on one your local stations? If not, I'm not sure why they would've blackedout your viewing. When the season starts all the games will be shown in replay so hopefully blackouts won't be an issue (at least they haven't in the past).

As far as preseason replay...are you saying you can't even watch the SEA V MN today? What message are you getting? Can you view the other games? I just logged in to check and I was able to view that game.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Just move out of the US. All games live and no blackouts. Problem solved.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
LolaRox":3bqu5nfj said:
That's weird, I thought blackouts only occurred when the game is being shown live local. Was the Hawks v. Vikings shown on one your local stations? If not, I'm not sure why they would've blackedout your viewing. When the season starts all the games will be shown in replay so hopefully blackouts won't be an issue (at least they haven't in the past).

As far as preseason replay...are you saying you can't even watch the SEA V MN today? What message are you getting? Can you view the other games? I just logged in to check and I was able to view that game.
Right after my last post, I went back to NFL.com and was able to get the game. Unfortunately it was Minnesota's announcers. :pukeface:
It appears that some games at NFL.com are not available for viewing for a day or two after?

randomation

Reaction score
chrisjess":1sv879rj said:
Best of luck!

If I have to use a vpn I might as well just use other methods which don't involve giving the nfl money to piss me off.

Smellyman

Reaction score
randomation":3dhz1f30 said:
chrisjess":3dhz1f30 said:
Best of luck!

If I have to use a vpn I might as well just use other methods which don't involve giving the nfl money to piss me off.

yup. don't need to pay for vpn or gamepass in reality.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Preseason games are blacked out in Fairbanks, but I did find them on gamepass, so not sure why you're not able to get it?

I log in at NFL.com/watch and found the game. Got the away announcers, but could have sworn I had options last year....

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I am with ya. Apparently Oregon is in the "local market" anywhere west of the rockies even if no local station carries the broadcast. I waited til Thursday for the replay on NFLN for chargers game. I got lucky for the replay on vikes on NFLN at 2 am Saturday. Worst ever. :pukeface:

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
You are lucky to get a radio broadcast. With the new improved Gamepass Europe there is only the TV commentary and for anyone in Spain no SAP service. The pre season games are not blacked out, however there are no adverts. they put up a caption saying back soon.

I watched the Steelers-Falcons game yesterday and just before kick off the local station had a long shot of the stadium and audio of someone repeating testing testing testing.

The two Sky TV games at 1.00 and 4.05/25 EST on SKY TV are blacked out in the UK and Ireland. This includes the Seahawks/Packers in week 1.

No official announcement yet but it is believed that all four London games will be live on the BBC with no local market black out close to the venues.