Marsh and McEvoy won't make the 53 (speculation)

seabowl

Reaction score
Just curious if you believe like I do in that both Marsh and McEvoy miss the 53. For a Marsh it's a matter of him being given a chance for a few years without making enough plays. In McEvoys case it's unfortunately a numbers game where there are too many ahead of him although it might be the wrong choice to hold onto a Darboh for instance instead of McEvoy just because he was a higher pick. Thoughts?

randomation

Reaction score
You keep McEvoy because he could be a unicorn his combination of speed height and catch radius isn't common.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Marsh is not going anywhere, he is a hard worker and has some versatility, not to mention solid on ST.

It would not surprise me one bit if next year he gets a sizable contract somewhere else that gets us a 6th rd comp pick.

sutz

Reaction score
I think there are two more pre-season games to go, and since they don't have to cut anybody until the end, they probably won't. There will still be chances.

massari

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1zfm07ap said:
Marsh is not going anywhere, he is a hard worker and has some versatility, not to mention solid on ST.
This.... and isn't he the best SAM they have atm?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I wonder about McEvoy but not about Marsh, he's made the team. I'd like to keep McEvoy though.

BigMeach

Reaction score
There is no way Marsh goes anywhere, he's good on special teams and still has a ceiling unmet on defense. That's a formula to stick around at your position. Especially without 1-2 guys who are clearly better than you at your position and special teams combined.

As an aside, he's also versatile positionally.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Every offseason the final three WR cause a lot of debate, Kasen Williams has been electric making one big play after another. To me he's earned a starters slot.

What of McEvoy a fast 6'5" WR with good hands? He won't last long as a FA. He's the big WR the fans want here, but seems to be under used or ignored by the OC. Then again neither would Darboh, or Richardson, or Kearse last long if cut. Think Darbooh might find his way to being redshirted. Richardson started camp on fire but is again nicked up. There is little advantage to cutting Kearse, but he seems to be dropping down the DC Could any of the WRs be trade bait?

I'd like to see the team keep McEvoy but wonder if the umber so won't allow him to stay.

As said earlier there is no way Cassius Marsh doesn't make the team.

Josea16

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3buydqr1 said:
Every offseason the final three WR cause a lot of debate, Kasen Williams has been electric making one big play after another. To me he's earned a starters slot.

What of McEvoy a fast 6'5" WR with good hands? He won't last long as a FA. He's the big WR the fans want here, but seems to be under used or ignored by the OC. Then again neither would Darboh, or Richardson, or Kearse last long if cut. Think Darbooh might find his way to being redshirted. Richardson started camp on fire but is again nicked up. There is little advantage to cutting Kearse. Could any of the WRs be trade pieces?
No. Why trade when you can get them for nothing given the stupid one cut everybody nonsense? What's next? No practices ever?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Whoever can play ST and also downfield block makes the team. This is a fact that Kearse haters do not understand. Kearse is a beast at downfield blocking.
Anyways, Marsh is going nowhere. McEvoy; I honestly haven't seen enough game tape of his blocking or ST play to make a call on him yet.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I would rather have a receiver that can actually catch than block...if Kearse is such a good blocker why can't he ever win one on one battles when the ball gets thrown his way?

Marlin Man

Reaction score
HAve been watching Kearse since his DAWG days, and have to admit have NEVER heard of him being a "beast" at anything. LOL

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Marsh is so good on Special Teams, that will keep him around regardless. Not a great lineman, but definitely can make plays. I hope McEvoy makes it, especially with his size and hands. Prefer they let Kearse go via trade or cut and keep him.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Marsh isn't going anywhere. He is solidly in the defensive rotation. Great on ST.

McEvoy is interesting. Does Williams take his spot? Not sure. Does he hat PS eligibility since he's only in his 2nd year?

razor150

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":yvp5xnro said:
Marsh is so good on Special Teams, that will keep him around regardless. Not a great lineman, but definitely can make plays. I hope McEvoy makes it, especially with his size and hands. Prefer they let Kearse go via trade or cut and keep him.

Trading Kearse is all but impossible, but it might be possible with someone like Richardson. Nobody would want Kearse's contract for his amount of production. Unless McEvoy blows up the rest of the pre-season, there is an injury, or we keep 6 receivers, to keep him we'll likely have to cut Kearse or cut/trade Richardson. Contract wise a cut makes more sense with Richardson, on the field it is obviously Kearse.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2mwjer91 said:
Seahwkgal":2mwjer91 said:
Whoever can play ST and also downfield block makes the team. This is a fact that Kearse haters do not understand. Kearse is a beast at downfield blocking.
Anyways, Marsh is going nowhere. McEvoy; I honestly haven't seen enough game tape of his blocking or ST play to make a call on him yet.

Can you give some examples of Kearse being a '"beast" at "downfield" blocking?
I have seen him block to open lanes in both the passing game and running game.
I guess I should have recorded and made a note of every time I saw it. :roll:
He pancaked a guy in the last pre-season game. It was the play that Baldwin had a huge reception and YAC. If you have access to the game, I suggest you watch that play.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2pj455id said:
FlyHawksFly":2pj455id said:
Seahwkgal":2pj455id said:

Can you give some examples of Kearse being a '"beast" at "downfield" blocking?
I have seen him block to open lanes in both the passing game and running game.
I guess I should have recorded and made a note of every time I saw it. :roll:
He pancaked a guy in the last pre-season game. It was the play that Baldwin had a huge reception and YAC. If you have access to the game, I suggest you watch that play.

Beyond that, to actually believe pete is going to can the receiver who had made six of the top ten catches during his coaching tenure and THE top four catches in franchise history, over a ''unicorn'' who has one razzle dazzle and two good catches to his name, is arguing in futility.
Not only is it dumb for the reasons above, it also doesn't fit Pete's mindset at all. We learned after 49, Pete makes you fight your way into the house and once you're there, he feels comfortable with you like old shoes.
I'm sorry to tell some around here, but kearse is probably going to retire a hawk. If he plays great, Pete hangs on for dear life. If he doesn't break last year's woes, nobody wants him and we get stuck with the guy Pete feels comfortable with.

But more on topic, i would bet good money darboh sticks ahead of tanner. I believe PC would rather work with him than toss him in favor of what he's already seen in the others.