Seahawks Trade for Eagles Tackle Tobin

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks Trade 2018 5th round pick for Eagle Tackle Matt Tobin and conditional 7th round pick. Just came through the seahawks app. will look for a link

Edit: Here's a link to .com [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/08/21/seahawks-trade-offensive-tackle-matt-tobin[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":20434weo said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/899743356120580096[/tweet]

Thanks was just about to post that but will add this one as well.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/899743311031881728[/tweet]

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Albert Breer‏Verified account
@AlbertBreer
Follow
More
Eagles announce they've traded OT Matt Tobin and a 2018 seventh-round pick to the Seahawks for a 2018 fifth-round pick.

Seymour

Reaction score
Giving up draft choices for longshots is just plain silly.....and desperate.

From Rotoworld.....
Seattle is scrambling for tackle options after losing George Fant. Tobin started at right guard for the 2015 Eagles, showing promise as a run blocker but getting destroyed in pass protection. He was demoted into a deep reserve role last season. Tobin should only be viewed as depth for the Seahawks.

:pukeface:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Has some starting experience at Tackle and Guard. Anyone know anything about him otherwise?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/899744088152395777[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/igglesnut/status/899743047692320768[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/899743904571969536[/tweet]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":6sxxsiyd said:

From Rotoworld.....
Seattle is scrambling for tackle options after losing George Fant. Tobin started at right guard for the 2015 Eagles, showing promise as a run blocker but getting destroyed in pass protection. He was demoted into a deep reserve role last season. Tobin should only be viewed as depth for the Seahawks.

We lost a starter on an already weak to average Offensive line. There are very few options available. It's not like anyone is overly stacked on backup linemen who can start at the NFL level and are willing to part with them.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Have been looking through news on him, can't find anything positive.

Intense desperation move. A 5th is a lot.

chris98251

Reaction score
So we have brought in two guys that are depth players, we have to hope they at least can fall down in front of defenders and make them trip versus the turnstile Ifedi looked to be.

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":20qqzxrx said:
Seymour":20qqzxrx said:

From Rotoworld.....

We lost a starter on an already weak to average Offensive line. There are very few options available. It's not like anyone is overly stacked on backup linemen who can start at the NFL level and are willing to part with them.

I said giving up draft choices was silly. Read up. All indications are he would have been released anyway. Adding more junk to the junk drawer does not add to overall value.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Tobin could be the worst O-linemen in the league and still compete with our guys. It's better than nothing!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1by2l9on said:
kidhawk":1by2l9on said:
Seymour":1by2l9on said:

From Rotoworld.....

I said giving up draft choices was silly. Read up. All indications are he would have been released anyway. Adding more junk to the junk drawer does not add to overall value.

Even assuming he would be released, there's no way to know he'd come here. He may have chosen another team. Trading back from the 5th to the 7th round gives us another body to look at and perhaps find that hidden miracle out there. I doubt they are going to stop looking, this was probably just one of the very few options they had. We also, can't exactly be waiting until the final roster cuts are made to bring people in.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This guy is a quintessential Cable lineman. Bad at multiple positions but is condsidered to have value due to versatility. Maybe Cable is bad at math? Maybe he is unaware of no matter how big a number gets if you multiply it by zero it is always zero.

Seymour

Reaction score
I get the whole need thing, but how can this guy be better than Obi or Pocic at tackle? He has not even played tackle in the NFL nearest I can tell just guard. We have enough guards already. Welcome to the grand giveaway..... :roll:

iigakusei

Reaction score
sdog1981":2n0ghq8l said:
This guy is a quintessential Cable lineman. Bad at multiple positions but is condsidered to have value due to versatility. Maybe Cable is bad at math? Maybe he is unaware of no matter how big a number gets if you multiply it by zero it is always zero.
Bingo. Versatility means squat if you aren't good at anything.
Well we just have to hope he isn't as bad as advertised - the bar is set low at least!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3u2khi4p said:
I get the whole need thing, but how can this guy be better than Obi or Pocic at tackle? He has not even played tackle in the NFL nearest I can tell just guard. We have enough guards already. Welcome to the grand giveaway..... :roll:

Don't get me wrong, I seriously doubt this is going to do much to improve our line. I just think that they are in John & Pete search mode which means keep turning over bodies until something sticks. It's how they built this team in the beginning and has continued to be their philosophy.

Latest posts