New Elite level jersey?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure, my custom authentic has normal sleeves.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have yet to talk myself into spending the money on an authentic, but if I did, I don't think I'd want elastic sleeves. The only jersey I would want to own with elastic sleeves would be a game worn jersey. That's just me though

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Until they figure out how to make the numbers look like they aren't ready to fall off or look like someone that was way to drunk put them on the jersey, I'll keep my money thank you.

I bought one of the new authentic, custom jerseys when they first came out after Nike got the gig and was horribly disappointed with it. HUGE waste of over $350.

If you don't know what I am talking about pay attention to the large numbers on the front and back of the players jersey's during a game and you will see what I mean. Wrinkled, bunched up, overall looks like total crap compared to my Reebok Authentic jersey.

Other teams jersey's and numbers don't have this issue as far as I can tell and I am pretty sure it has to do with the cheapo plastic crap numbers they use, (they aren't cloth or fiber in nature).

YUCK!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I always figured the DL (in particular) like to spray pre-tape adhesive inside the jersey to make it stick to them to make it more difficult to grab, which caused the wrinkled, bunched-up look.

drcool

Reaction score

pmedic920

Reaction score
I own an elite in all 3 colors.

I've noticed the wrinkles on the field, and the spray adhesive makes sense to me.
My numbers have never done that. I wore my Navy one every GameDay for our SB 48 season, it did get washed one time the whole year. (Funky, I know).

The only issue I have, or have had is, my white elite is a "custom", and its been said by many. They don't double stitch the #s on customs.

Personally IMHO, if you can afford the "elite" it's the only way to go.

I got my "grey" just recently on sale for 149. Well worth it.

I'd get one of these new ones but they don't make the elastic BIG ENOUGH for my arms.

:{)
JK

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3k0eq56y said:
The only issue I have, or have had is, my white elite is a "custom", and its been said by many. They don't double stitch the #s on customs.

That's not really the case. My first custom was a grey Wagner: single stitched, Limited-style numbers. This was back in 2013.

However, since then I have ordered a custom white Chancellor elite, a custom grey Marsh elite, and a custom blue Wright elite, all from the Stadium Pro Shop. All three of them have double-stitched, tackle twill numbers like the pre-made jerseys have.

I can't say what other outlets are doing but the custom elites I have ordered from the Stadium Pro Shop the last few years have all come with double-stitched numbers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He really is. When we were sitting at the game on Friday, I yelled out to Marsh to chill out and stop pushing his teammate. Shadow didn't like that :lol:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3qns82oe said:
pmedic920":3qns82oe said:

That's not really the case. My first custom was a grey Wagner: single stitched, Limited-style numbers. This was back in 2013.

However, since then I have ordered a custom white Chancellor elite, a custom grey Marsh elite, and a custom blue Wright elite, all from the Stadium Pro Shop. All three of them have double-stitched, tackle twill numbers like the pre-made jerseys have.

I can't say what other outlets are doing but the custom elites I have ordered from the Stadium Pro Shop the last few years have all come with double-stitched numbers.

I'm curious, you are saying "custom" but then quoting a players name.

What is "custom" about the jerseys you are talking about?
It seems to me that a player name & number wouldn't be "custom" and that those numbers would have been sewn at the factory, not in house.

What I'm talking about is a "blank" elite jersey body. The Name plate & numbers are then picked out. This gets sewn on in house after the order is placed. This is where and how that the numbers are sewn differently.

Here's an example of what I'm calling a "custom". It's an "elite"
9ec3cc724cfe422346a53fa10c658a7e.jpg

0b05a3cb7b6f71658e5c499a3647518b.jpg

Here's an example of the the stitching on my white "custom" elite,vs my off the shelf "elite" Fan #12
aac98b13afa5b4c16511c9c7296ed9e9.jpg

799c09d8364a8f333ea98596b2700ff2.jpg

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1t8ge1o8 said:
What I'm talking about is a "blank" elite jersey body. The Name plate & numbers are then picked out. This gets sewn on in house after the order is placed. This is where and how that the numbers are sewn differently.

Yes, and that is the same thing I am talking about. There are only a few players with pre-made Elite jerseys available for purchase: Wilson, Sherman, Graham, etc. There aren't any pre-made Elite jerseys for KJ Wright or Cassius Marsh (barring knockoffs, presumably.) There aren't any pre-made white Elite jerseys for Kam Chancellor. In each case, I grabbed a blank Elite jersey at the store, told the person at the counter that I wanted to order a custom jersey, and had to write down the name and number I wanted for that jersey when placing my order. (I wanted those particular players, but could have chosen any name or number.)

I presume you bought your SUPER BOWL #48 jersey around the time of that Super Bowl? I ordered my Chancellor jersey the following summer, and when I ordered it I specifically requested double-stitched numbers. The guy who took my order said that they had changed the way they were doing the custom orders. That jersey, and the customs I subsequently ordered, came back a few weeks later with double-stitched numbers.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3ohr865f said:
pmedic920":3ohr865f said:

Yes, and that is the same thing I am talking about. There are only a few players with pre-made Elite jerseys available for purchase: Wilson, Sherman, Graham, etc. There aren't any pre-made Elite jerseys for KJ Wright or Cassius Marsh (barring knockoffs, presumably.) There aren't any pre-made white Elite jerseys for Kam Chancellor. In each case, I grabbed a blank Elite jersey at the store, told the person at the counter that I wanted to order a custom jersey, and had to write down the name and number I wanted for that jersey when placing my order. (I wanted those particular players, but could have chosen any name or number.)

I presume you bought your SUPER BOWL #48 jersey around the time of that Super Bowl? I ordered my Chancellor jersey the following summer, and when I ordered it I specifically requested double-stitched numbers. The guy who took my order said that they had changed the way they were doing the custom orders. That jersey, and the customs I subsequently ordered, came back a few weeks later with double-stitched numbers.

Cool Beans, good info.
Thanks for the explanation.

OP
OP
D

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
If someone visits the downtown Seattle stadium pro shop and they have the Nike Elite with elastic on the arm cuffs in a BLANK jersey can you please post here?! Thanks in advance.

Latest posts