Seahawks Scrum celebration

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I was rewatching highlights of our first two games. And noticed we have gotten alot more celebration after TDs. The pick 6 specifically the entire team gathered. Did the NFL lighten their rules up?

253hawk

Reaction score
Yep, new rules for 2017. You can use the ball as a prop, go to the ground, and have team celebrations.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
253hawk":36xcpnqn said:
Yep, new rules for 2017. You can use the ball as a prop, go to the ground, and have team celebrations.

Wow that is shocking. NFL got one right for a change.

kidhawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":epnn8pty said:
253hawk":epnn8pty said:

Here's an article for you on this change...

[urltargetblank]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19444910/nfl-relax-celebrations-rules-allow-more-freedom[/urltargetblank]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yes it is a breath of fresh air to allow the players to celebrate after scoring.

Although I am still not used to it and I was expecting a flag every time the players did something with the ball or in a group.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
kidhawk":cp8lkdhw said:
gowazzu02":cp8lkdhw said:
253hawk":cp8lkdhw said:

Here's an article for you on this change...

[urltargetblank]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19444910/nfl-relax-celebrations-rules-allow-more-freedom[/urltargetblank]

Awesome thanks. It's a step in the right direction. I was left scratching my head at the hypocracy of A: making PAT's longer to "make it an exciting play" While simultaneously B: making it illegal to jump the line aka one of the most memorable and exciting plays we saw "Kam- Garoo" or Wagners hops anyone?

Next order of business simplifying what is and isn't a catch. But celebrations are a good start.