The Splashy David Bass by Nathan Ernst

Jville

Reaction score
DHnCWIWV0AERTnK

Timely write up on David Bass going into third preseason game. His continued hand fighting could win him a spot in 2017. Apparently, David Bass followed the new defensive line coach Clint Hurtt to Seattle.

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.hawkblogger.com/2017/08/seahawks-preseason-splashy-david-bass.html/amp[/urltargetblank]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":37f3iz8o said:
DHnCWIWV0AERTnK

Timely write up on David Bass going into third preseason game. His continued hand fighting could win him a spot in 2017. Apparently, David Bass followed the new defensive line coach Clint Hurtt to Seattle.

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.hawkblogger.com/2017/08/seahawks-preseason-splashy-david-bass.html/amp[/urltargetblank]
Nice find, thanks!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Another Damontre Moore. Could nab a 53-man spot tonight, we'll see.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He really has made the most of his opportunities. Could definitely see him cracking the 53.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Bass had that nice sack last night on KC rookie QB Patrick Mahomes. I remember thinking that was a terrific play, who is this #47 dude? The announcers didn't say his name, only "Mahomes is sacked!" I had to leave shortly after that, but that "Who the hell is that #47 player?" thought stuck in my mind.

I thought it was a standout play by #47, who I now know is David Bass, only because of this thread. It wasn't a "luck" sack or a "first defender to touch a QB who slipped and fell" sack, it was a LEGIT sack, having beaten the OLine and corralled a fairly mobile QB.

Thanks for providing the name. I'll root for Bass to show us some more in the final preseason game.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Just read the article. Part of the reason I remembered Bass's #47, aside from the excellent play to get the sack, is "What the hell is a #47 doing sacking the QB? Is he a safety? A linebacker?" I mean, defensive linemen wear numbers in the 60's and 70's usually. So seeing a #47 sacking the QB looked like a blitzing Kam Chancellor type of thing. But now I know... this 47 is a DE/DT.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
With Avril and Bennett out participating in Reginokine treatment, and Frank Clark having his wrist looked at, there will be plenty of snaps available for David Bass, Marcus Smith and Christian French. I'm looking forward to seeing them make the most of their game opportunities.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Made plays again tonight. Possibly showed enough over the preseason to make the 53.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Has played solid the whole preseason. If he doesn't make our team he will probably land somewhere else. Thought Christian French also played well this preseason(#48).