Hawks bringing in Desmond Bryant for a tryout

King Dog

Reaction score
According to Softy: https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/901421175338803200

I like it. Didn't play last year due to injury but had 6 sacks in 2015 and 5 sacks in 2014. 6'6" 310. I know we were interested when he signed that big contract in Cleveland. Maybe we get lucky and he gives us a little of what we were looking for out of Malik.

Also Ahmad Brooks was released from the 49ers yesterday which means he will probably be a Seahawk in the next few days :shock:

dutchcoug

Reaction score
King Dog":3g7w9be1 said:
Also Ahmad Brooks was released from the 49ers yesterday which means he will probably be a Seahawk in the next few days :shock:

I thought the same thing when I read that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don't think the team is totally happy with the players they have for the 3 tech and are looking as usual for any incremental improvement. Bryant is a good player and it seems strange he's being cut.

I see Ahmad Brooks as more of a AZ pickup.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Brooks will probably want more money that we can afford. He getting old, but he has a productive history and could be a nice rotational piece for some team.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
I feel brooks might want to much money but I'm down to take a look at anything that's gonna make us better

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I was hoping they'd take a look at Desmond. Cheaper than going for Sheldon Richardson, although with Chris Carson eating like he is, we just might have the trade ammo... 8)

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Bryant will definitely be a situational player, but Richardson absolutely just tossed aside the Giants RG and forced Manning into an INT in the first quarter....he would immediately be our best defensive lineman, which is saying a lot, given the talent we already have.

Send the Jets Paul Richardson, CJ Prosise and a 6th rounder and call it a day....Jets will not get anything compensatory until 2019 if he walks after the season.

getnasty

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":h4g0irty said:
Bryant will definitely be a situational player, but Richardson absolutely just tossed aside the Giants RG and forced Manning into an INT in the first quarter....he would immediately be our best defensive lineman, which is saying a lot, given the talent we already have.

Send the Jets Paul Richardson, CJ Prosise and a 6th rounder and call it a day....Jets will not get anything compensatory until 2019 if he walks after the season.

Still need cap room. If we could send them Lane, Kearse and a pick then were talking. Unfortunately the Jets aren't that dumb. Maybe throw in Ifedi too

Davidess

Reaction score
Fresh legs? He hasn't played since 2015. but recorded 6 sacks in 14 games.
so if the price is right ill take him. why not?

massari

Reaction score
getnasty":381v8q1p said:
Still need cap room. If we could send them Lane, Kearse and a pick then were talking. Unfortunately the Jets aren't that dumb. Maybe throw in Ifedi too
Pretty sure Kearse has no trade value. If Desmond Bryant doesn't work out, maybe trade a 2nd rounder for Sheldon Richardson if they're able to trade Lane somewhere/anywhere, then release Kearse and Wilhoite. That'd free up $7.2M in cap room. If they can't trade Lane, it doesn't seem they'd have the salary room for Richardson.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Why would the Jets take a bunch of oft-injured Seahawks players? Are you guys just hoping that the Jets won't NOTICE that these guys have trouble seeing the field?

Honestly, with Carson emerging, the best trade bait we have might be Rawls, and even he's got a gimpy reputation.

massari

Reaction score
Yeah Rawls is probably in the same boat as Richardson and Prosise. Don't think you're gonna get a player like Sheldon Richardson for guys like that.

Just wonder if Lane has ANY trade value with his salary? Conditional 7th?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Prosise is probably valued higher than the fans realize he is by the team as well as other teams. I don't think he is going anywhere.

massari

Reaction score
massari":1rn1pj43 said:
Pretty sure Kearse has no trade value. If Desmond Bryant doesn't work out, maybe trade a 2nd rounder for Sheldon Richardson if they're able to trade Lane somewhere/anywhere, then release Kearse and Wilhoite. That'd free up $7.2M in cap room. If they can't trade Lane, it doesn't seem they'd have the salary room for Richardson.
Kearse does have trade value apparently!

Has anyone heard any news on Desmond Bryant? Could he still be an option? Tried Google but got nothing. :(

QB Pressures