Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Eddie Lacy

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Eddie Lacy
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:49 am
  • BadgerVid wrote:Pete also said "He's done everything we've asked" a couple of times. That would seem to one like myself who is more focused on seeing his play that he has probably met his weight goals.

So if someone has incentive bonuses in their contract then that means the team "asked them to do that"... or is the team is just rewarding it?

Example: Lacy gets another $1.3M for 1200 + yards.

They asked him to do that also?

This is not a roster bonus, he has made the team and got that. That is what was asked of him to keep his job.

bo·nus
    ˈbōnəs/
    noun
    noun: bonus; plural noun: bonuses

an amount of money added to wages on a seasonal basis, especially as a reward for good performance.
    "big Christmas bonuses"
    synonyms: gratuity, gift, present, reward, prize, lagniappe; More
    incentive, inducement, handout;
    informalsweetener
    "she's on a good salary and she gets a bonus"
    antonyms: penalty
    something welcome and often unexpected that accompanies and enhances something that is itself good.

Coach speak, plain and simple.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:07 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Pete said "He's done everything we've asked him to do". One of the things they asked him to do was make specific weight goals as the preseason progressed. Just because he didn't answer it directly as yes or no, doesn't mean he didn't answer it.

Every other weigh in Pete said he made weight, so why not say it this time?

Not that I care, but no, he didn't make weight..........and Pete hesitated, which means he was searching for the right way to spin it.

Don't have to be a Kojak to figure this one out.

Pete deflected last time, too, and it turned out Lacy made weight.

Pete said the word "yes" last time when pressed by a reporter.

This time? No.

Source?

Not saying you're wrong, but I don't remember him saying yes at the time.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:16 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Not that I care, but no, he didn't make weight..........and Pete hesitated, which means he was searching for the right way to spin it.

This time? No.

Source?

He said the same stuff last weigh in. He said he was "Fired up" about Lacy when he was asked about the weigh in. It wasn't until 4 days later that he said "Yes, he passed" when pressed again.

The Seahawks haven't revealed if Eddie Lacy hit his target at his latest weigh-in.
    Lacy reached his May and June targets to much fanfare, but neither the team nor his agent will reveal his July results. It's a tacit admission Lacy didn't hit his goal of 250 after six weeks away from the team. Despite the innuendo, coach Pete Carroll said on Tuesday he remains "fired up" about Lacy.
    Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
    Aug 3 - 9:23 PM

Coach Pete Carroll revealed Eddie Lacy hit his 250 pounds or less requirement at his latest weigh-in last week.
    He earned another $55,000 bonus. Lacy has had a very quiet camp as he works his way into shape, learns a new offense, and recovers from ankle surgery. But ace Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia expects Lacy to get the nod as the Week 1 starter. Thomas Rawls is lurking in the tall grass as he's back to 100 percent and is well worth a late-round flier at his current double-digit round ADP.
    Source: ESPN.com
    Aug 7 - 6:27 PM

http://rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8382/eddie-lacy

I think he's just tired of being asked about it and he thinks it's dumb that people are making so much of a story out of it...
    Last edited by DJrmb on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:17 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

This time? No.

Source?

From Pete's August 7th presser, sorry "yep".........not "yes."

“Yep, perfectly on track,” coach Pete Carroll responded when asked on Monday whether or not Lacy has met all his weight requirements.

http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017/0 ... -on-track/

Certainly a different tone than yesterday.

Again, I don't care if Lacy made his last weigh in. But how Pete acted yesterday when asked is WAY different than how he acted and what he said a month ago.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:18 pm
  • This is a direct quote by Pete Carroll in an ESPN article written by Brady Henderson, Seahawk reporter for ESPN. Note the bolded statement-

"He's had a great run with us getting to this point. He's done everything we've asked of him. Gosh, for weeks and weeks now, he's made every practice, he's been able to do everything and every rep that we've offered him," Carroll said of Lacy, who wasn't yet up to full speed over the offseason from a 2016 ankle injury. "He's conditioned well, he's prepared to play. We've seen him for years, we know what kind of player he is, so he's had enough glimpses of the look in preseason that you can see him get to rumbling with the football. So we're fired up about him playing, and he's ready for a full load.”

The link to the article - http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/26558/with-thomas-rawls-hobbled-eddie-lacy-could-be-busy-in-his-return-to-green-bay

Why would Pete say he's conditioned well if he didn't meet the weight expectations?
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:19 pm
  • Get a bunch of yards and TD's, that will get people off the weight thing real quick :irishdrinkers:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:20 pm
  • I don't think Carroll wanted the focus to be on Lacy's weight. Last time he commented on it, there were a dozen articles on that topic. He wants Lacy to be strong and in shape, which he is. His weight is irrelevant at this point.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:31 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:This is a direct quote by Pete Carroll in an ESPN article written by Brady Henderson, Seahawk reporter for ESPN. Note the bolded statement-

"He's had a great run with us getting to this point. He's done everything we've asked of him. Gosh, for weeks and weeks now, he's made every practice, he's been able to do everything and every rep that we've offered him," Carroll said of Lacy, who wasn't yet up to full speed over the offseason from a 2016 ankle injury. "He's conditioned well, he's prepared to play. We've seen him for years, we know what kind of player he is, so he's had enough glimpses of the look in preseason that you can see him get to rumbling with the football. So we're fired up about him playing, and he's ready for a full load.”

The link to the article - http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/26558/with-thomas-rawls-hobbled-eddie-lacy-could-be-busy-in-his-return-to-green-bay

Why would Pete say he's conditioned well if he didn't meet the weight expectations?

He's a players coach, maybe he missed by just a couple of pounds and Pete wants to protect him.

I disagree it is an "expectation", especially if he is close (say less than 10 lbs). Desire would be more accurate IMO.

His per game bonus in his contract would be the "expectation". The Weight bonus is additional incentive.

Contract Notes:

$2.865M fully guaranteed (signing bonus + 2017 salary)
    Per Game Active Bonus: $62,500 ($1M, 5 LTBE)
    Workout/Weight Bonus: $385,000
    $55,000 if 255 lbs in May
    $55,000 if 250 lbs in June, August
    $55,000 if 240 for Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
    Rush Yards Incentives (non-accumulating):
    800: $250,000
    900: $500,000
    1,000: $750,000
    1,100: $1,000,000
    1,200: $1,200,000

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:00 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Pete said "He's done everything we've asked him to do". One of the things they asked him to do was make specific weight goals as the preseason progressed. Just because he didn't answer it directly as yes or no, doesn't mean he didn't answer it.

This time? No.

Pete is being coy, he wants to keep the GB Defense guessing.

:D
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:43 pm
  • Just set up a portable Chinese Restaurant in the End Zone and move it to the opposite one at Half time, Lacy will have 1000 yards on the day and 10 touchdowns and still be hungry by the time they get their flight back.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:22 pm
  • An amusing sidenote. Was watching NFL Network earlier. On the fantasy football crawl it said Lacy: Sit'em.

;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:45 pm
  • sutz wrote:An amusing sidenote. Was watching NFL Network earlier. On the fantasy football crawl it said Lacy: Sit'em.

;)

Probably because of the sheer amount of RB's we have. We have 4 that will probably see action.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:38 pm
  • Lacy's last weigh in was Aug 1st. Although his previous two weigh ins were met with much fanfare, and his agent Tweeting out that he had made weight, this one was basically silent. Despite being "reached out to" by the media, neither Lacy, nor his agent, made any comments.

When Carroll was asked if Lacy made weight, he had this to say,
    I’m fired up about Eddie. He looks great. He is rumbling and doing just what we want and he is going to run huge, just the way we like it.

There was rampant speculation that this was coach speak, covering for Lacy not making weight. It wasn't until the following week that Carroll finally admitted that Lacy had made weight.

Compare that to what Carroll had to say this time, when asked if Lacy had made weight

Eddie's doing great. Eddie's doing great. He's done everything we've asked of him.

How can look at those two statements juxtaposed and still believe that you can read through the coach speak?
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    sutz wrote:An amusing sidenote. Was watching NFL Network earlier. On the fantasy football crawl it said Lacy: Sit'em.

;)

Probably because of the sheer amount of RB's we have. We have 4 that will probably see action.

I know. Just thought it was hilarious, while we're sitting here arguing about weigh-ins, he's being thought of as not worthy of a fantasy start anyway. :mrgreen:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:33 pm
  • You guys would not be in this much of a uproar if it was Oprah.............

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:23 pm
  • I think he will have a huge game.

:snack:
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:53 am
  • hawknation2017 wrote:I think he will have a huge game.

I agree, he's going to be huge.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:28 am
  • Seafan wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:I think he will have a huge game.

I agree, he's going to be huge.

I see what you did there :141847_bnono:
    AlciG
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:22 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:If he is 240 pounds, and averages 2.5 YPC, he will be cut because of his lack of contribution, despite making weight.

Of course there is some area in between 2 and 4 YPC where it may not be clear if he is making a valuable contribution or not.

His weight is an extremely minor part of this, and it would appear that is the message Pete is sending by responding with "He is doing really well."

I'm trying to understand how his weight is an extremely minor part of Lacy being able to contribute. Was it lack of talent, then, that caused Green Bay to move on from him?

He ate his way out of the first stop in his career and with millions at stake in FA, limited his financial future by continuing to stuff himself. Teams don't put weight clauses in contracts for fun.

Based on his history his weight is THE concern, and will always be a concern with this guy. Even if he does manage to contribute while failing to make weight it will still be a concern, because at some poundage it will affect his performance or propensity for being injured.

Some fan saying it isn't a concern won't change this. Only putting together a good stretch of controlling his weight will change it.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:32 am
  • I'm hoping Lacy starts and proves some 12's wrong. IMO, he's the next best thing against a healthy Marshawn! Lacy isn't the type of back that has big bursts, he needs to play all game to wear down opposing D's. I don't know if the running back by committee approach will work with him. Rawls is a wasted roster spot in my mind. Will not play long enough this season to make any sort of contribution. Please remember Marshawn wasn't exactly lighting it up when we traded for him. Pete and Johns system works and they're taking a shot that Lacy can fill the void that Marshawn left.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:44 am
  • Screw it. Hand his hefty ass over to Tom Cable's dumb ass so he can turn him into a beautiful left tackle. Problem (un)solved.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:46 am
  • hgwellz12 wrote:Screw it. Hand his hefty ass over to Tom Cable's dumb ass so he can turn him into a beautiful left tackle. Problem (un)solved.

I like this idea. It fits with Cable's version of a grand plan. Like with Britt - trying your failed tackle at guard and failed guard at center - 2 wrongs make a right?
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:56 am
  • hawk45 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:If he is 240 pounds, and averages 2.5 YPC, he will be cut because of his lack of contribution, despite making weight.

Of course there is some area in between 2 and 4 YPC where it may not be clear if he is making a valuable contribution or not.

His weight is an extremely minor part of this, and it would appear that is the message Pete is sending by responding with "He is doing really well."

I'm trying to understand how his weight is an extremely minor part of Lacy being able to contribute. Was it lack of talent, then, that caused Green Bay to move on from him?

He ate his way out of the first stop in his career and with millions at stake in FA, limited his financial future by continuing to stuff himself. Teams don't put weight clauses in contracts for fun.

Based on his history his weight is THE concern, and will always be a concern with this guy. Even if he does manage to contribute while failing to make weight it will still be a concern, because at some poundage it will affect his performance or propensity for being injured.

Some fan saying it isn't a concern won't change this. Only putting together a good stretch of controlling his weight will change it.

Agree. His weight is a minor part of this? It's a huge part of this, and that is no pun. Maybe someone needs a visual.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:12 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:If he is 240 pounds, and averages 2.5 YPC, he will be cut because of his lack of contribution, despite making weight.

Agree. His weight is a minor part of this? It's a huge part of this, and that is no pun. Maybe someone needs a visual.

And does he look anything like that this season???

He's in shape this year (at the very least in much better shape then before with GB). It's not like he's going to balloon up during the season, it's the offseason you have to worry about him getting fat.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:21 am
  • DJrmb wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:

And does he look anything like that this season???

He's in shape this year (at the very least in much better shape then before with GB). It's not like he's going to balloon up during the season, it's the offseason you have to worry about him getting fat.

No and lets hope it stays that way. He can pack on the weight at a very rapid rate as shown in Green Bay.
    Here is a pro day photo listed at #231. Seahawks list him at #250. Throw 1 1/2 bowling balls in a backpack and tell me it doesn't slow you down trying to run and make cuts. And yes he ballooned up in 2015 during the season, so don't think it can't happen.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 am
  • BSD is a smart poster, so I think what he must mean is that between weight and contribution, contribution is the important thing by far.

I think where that notion falls down is that Lacy has demonstrated that the two are tightly coupled.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:35 pm
  • Also he can add muscle and lose inches and not lose weight.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:42 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Also he can add muscle and lose inches and not lose weight.

Isn't that a red herring though? Lacy's weight gain in Green Bay wasn't a case of him getting too yoked and needing to drop some lean mass to maintain agility.

I think as it pertains to Lacy, we can safely use the words "weight" and "fat" interchangeably.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:33 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:

This was photoshopped.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:43 pm
  • hawknation2017 wrote:This was photoshopped.

What makes you say that? I just found it in a pic search, and I sure as heck didn't photoshop it if true.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:01 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:

That picture is photoshopped, can't wait for these players to get on the field to dispel this nonsense. I say rumble big man rumble.
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:26 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:This was photoshopped.

What makes you say that? I just found it in a pic search, and I sure as heck didn't photoshop it if true.

Because that pic is ridiculous. I watch football. Lacy got chunky in 2015, but he was never that big.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:53 pm
  • This is possibly the funniest, most inconsequential argument I have ever seen on .net. Please, continue. :irishdrinkers:
    “How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”

- Henry David Thoreau
    bbsplitter
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:16 pm
  • As long as he runs right at and [u]into/over/through[/u] Clay Mathews at least 10 times I feel we will have got our money's worth?
    gonzhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:53 pm
  • 5 rushes for 3 yards.

Let him do a Lambeau Leap? Off the team.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:01 pm
  • He may have lost weight, but you can't lose slow.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:14 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:

If he is contributing, his weight is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he isn't contributing, but he is making weight, it is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he is neither contributing, nor making weight, then, perhaps, we can blame the weight. Since we don't know yet how he is contributing, the weight is inconsequential.

This might be the most confusing paragraph I've ever read in my life.

Circular logic FTL.

Bottom line, Lacy's made weight. So if he stinks, it ain't the weight.

Confusing? In the eye of the reader. Circular? Not at all. Just a run down of the possible scenarios of weight and production, and how those affect his wallet. Perhaps if I numbered them it would make more sense. Anyway, since he didn't contribute, we are left with two possibilities.

1 - he made weight, but didn't contribute. He gets paid, but the fact that he made weight is otherwise inconsequential. Based on production, he likely lost the starting job.

2 - he didn't make weight, and he didn't contribute. He doesn't get paid, and he gets demoted. Granted, this may or may not, be due to his weight, but either way the result only effects his pocketbook.

Had he produced, it wouldn't matter if he lost weight, he would still be our starting back.

Anyway, my whole argument wasn't really about his weight or the money. It was that Pete's statement was not necessarily coach speak for "Lacy didn't make weight." It was an attempt to get us to focus on Lacy's production, not his weight.

On a separate note, Given our running game coordinator's inability to evaluate talent, Lacy probably secured his spot atop the depth chart with that outing.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:57 am
  • Needs to prove, convincingly, that he's not trying to be the world's worst RB in the next couple weeks if he wants to remain employed.
    F E E L I N G L I K E 2 0 1 3 A L L O V E R A G A I N !
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 am
  • Carson needs to start ASAP. He is the only RB on the roster that has shown squat so far. Very impressive kid.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Previous

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information