Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Eddie Lacy

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Eddie Lacy
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:49 am
  • Not sure why it feels like the majority of 12s are down on him. I imagine this will turn out like Wilson/Flynn did and the bandwagon will fill up come week 3 or 4. This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks.

Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs.

Bend the knee.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Re: Eddie Lacy
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:55 am
  • I thought he looked good last night. He will only get better.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:34 am
  • Last night was his best game of the 3. I was a little disappointed in what I saw during short-yardage situations, but overall I have seen improvement with Lacy every week.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:45 am
  • You are probably right that he's about as close to Lynch as we're going to get. He's durable and obviously can pass protect and catch. He was good last night I'm convinced his ankle will be 100% by the 10th.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:47 am
  • Yup I liked what I saw lastnight I hope his ankle is feelin 100% by game 1
    xStickybudz
    NET Starter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:48 am
  • I do think he has suffered from a lack of full game carries, i.e. wearing the defense down. But I also think Carson is playing like 2015 Rawls and 2015 Rawls was an unstoppable force.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:52 am
  • I really think he just needs some playing time to find his groove, we're still in a much better position than last year when it comes to the RB situation.
    Polk738
    NET Rookie

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:55 am
  • Probably because he needed to be bribed to lose weight.

Sorry, I'm pullin' a full-on Tech Worlds with this guy.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:06 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:Last night was his best game of the 3. I was a little disappointed in what I saw during short-yardage situations, but overall I have seen improvement with Lacy every week.

His run from the 1 after his long run was poor at best.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:12 am
  • Ive always liked lacy from the first time i saw him play. I love his style, if he can avoid injury he should be very solid. Him and carson sharing carries can be very good.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:Not sure why it feels like the majority of 12s are down on him. I imagine this will turn out like Wilson/Flynn did and the bandwagon will fill up come week 3 or 4.

Not down on him here. Even though I've speculated he could be cut. The reasons for cutting him would only be based on pragmatic cap reasons. I would expect him to be worth his contract. Injuries to me don't matter as those are just an assumed risk of playing football. He has real quality.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:14 pm
  • He will be better in short yardage situations if the line gels a bit to where he isn't taking his first hit in our backfield.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:49 pm
  • Lacy was OK. I guess they're starting him off slow. But frankly, I though Carson looked more "Beastly" than Lacy did, admittedly on more attempts.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:50 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:He will be better in short yardage situations if the line gels a bit to where he isn't taking his first hit in our backfield.

Of course, that could be said of any running back!!! Our OL line has to give him two steps to get going.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:26 pm

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:35 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:Not sure why it feels like the majority of 12s are down on him. I imagine this will turn out like Wilson/Flynn did and the bandwagon will fill up come week 3 or 4. This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was 6instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks.

Bend the knee.

Never against him. He's a bell cow type RB. Green Bay screwed up simple as that. He isn't Marshawn but he's pretty near and a much better pass blocker and receiver.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:53 pm
  • TwilightError wrote:Seems like he is hitting the fast food again. http://www.12up.com/posts/5489629-eddie ... eason-game

Well, that is a bit suspect, being based on a blurry picture, but still :stirthepot: :drool:

Lol..
    How about the HulkMode pic where Lacy looking like an offensive lineman wears a green six-pack-abs print under his jersey.
    Meanwhile in another pic Carson shows off his physique and real washboard abs.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:55 am
  • I think it's hard to get too excited about any of the Seahawks' RBs simply because there's too much uncertainty about role and too many of them to begin with.

They've gotta be the only team in the league that kept 6 backs on their 53, and there's literally four of them (Rawls, Lacy, Prosisse, and Carson) who are fighting for fans' affection.

If I had to guess, across the season I'd figure there will be weeks in which Lacy has close to 20 touches and weeks in which he has close to zero.

Basically, it's a year in which a Seahawks fan has to either be excited about the running back POSITION or not. Trying to pick one horse out of that stable is a fool's errand.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:14 am
  • I think we are in for a treat with this years versatile and complementary running back corp. The wealth at running back foretells an entertaining and adaptive offense. An adaptive offense featuring geninue spark plugs to ignite the offense. Versatile receiver / running backs to unsettle defenses and instill uncertainty about formations and intent. And, a clock work hammer to finish off games ..... Eddie Lacy.

Such a versatile and complementary group. I welcome the spectacle of the Seahawk offense asserting it's will on game day.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:21 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Probably because he needed to be bribed to lose weight.

Well the bribe doesn't appear to be enough. Sounds like he has failed his last weigh in. Pete was asked if he made weight this week and answered "He is doing really well".

We all know what that means. :|
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:26 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:Not sure why it feels like the majority of 12s are down on him. I imagine this will turn out like Wilson/Flynn did and the bandwagon will fill up come week 3 or 4. This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks.

Bend the knee.

I'm not down on Lacy, I just don't think he's a good fit for our terrible run blocking O-line. Lacy isn't a quick one cut back like Rawls, Prosise and now Carson.

Lacy needs a good line that can sustain a block for more than half a second before getting destroyed and the hole collapsing.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:48 am
  • Here are his incentives.....

According to Field Yates of ESPN.com, Lacy's contract with the Seahawks includes seven different monthly weigh-in incentives, worth $55,000 each:

May: 255 pounds
    June and August: 250 pounds
    September through December: 245 pounds
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:57 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Well the bribe doesn't appear to be enough. Sounds like he has failed his last weigh in. Pete was asked if he made weight this week and answered "He is doing really well".

Do we really? Last weigh in, Carroll was cagey about answering the question, and posters on here were rabble rousing about how that was Pete speak for Lacy not making weight. Turns out Lacy did, in fact, make weight.

It seems Carroll is trying to move the focus off the whole weight thing, and keep the focus on Lacy as a whole back, rather than this one small issue. If so, I agree with him. It is ridiculous how the fans have become so obsessed with Lacy's weight.

If he is contributing, his weight is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he isn't contributing, but he is making weight, it is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he is neither contributing, nor making weight, then, perhaps, we can blame the weight. Since we don't know yet how he is contributing, the weight is inconsequential.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:06 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Do we really? Last weigh in, Carroll was cagey about answering the question, and posters on here were rabble rousing about how that was Pete speak for Lacy not making weight. Turns out Lacy did, in fact, make weight.

It seems Carroll is trying to move the focus off the whole weight thing, and keep the focus on Lacy as a whole back, rather than this one small issue. If so, I agree with him. It is ridiculous how the fans have become so obsessed with Lacy's weight.

If he is contributing, his weight is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he isn't contributing, but he is making weight, it is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he is neither contributing, nor making weight, then, perhaps, we can blame the weight. Since we don't know yet how he is contributing, the weight is inconsequential.

If by obsessed you mean there is interest to know that someones weakness that caused him to lose his previous job is still a problem for a player we may need to count on, then yes. Guilty as charged.

If he is contributing then all is well? Sure, everyone deserves a trophy right? :roll:

Lastly....I wonder why Pete and John were so obsessed with Lacy's weight, they tied $55,000 per month to it and his contract?
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    If he is contributing then all is well? Sure, everyone deserves a trophy right? :roll:

:34853_doh:

If he ends the season at 255 pounds, having amassed over 1,000 yards and over 4.1 yards per carry, no one will care about his weight except Lacy and his bank account.

Hell, since he is splitting carries, even if he ends the season with less than 1,000 yards, but with a 4.1-4.5 YPC average, his weight won't matter.

Don't see how this equates to a participation trophy.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:27 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

:34853_doh:

If he ends the season at 255 pounds, having amassed over 1,000 yards and over 4.1 yards per carry, no one will care about his weight except Lacy and his bank account.

Hell, since he is splitting carries, even if he ends the season with less than 1,000 yards, but with a 4.1-4.5 YPC average, his weight won't matter.

Don't see how this equates to a participation trophy.

We could throw around numbers all day to make our points. How bout if he is 1+ YPC behind say Carson?

His weight effects his speed and quickness and conditioning. "Contributing" tells you nothing about what he may have done in better condition. So NO. It does not just effect his wallet. It can effect the team and wins.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am
  • Stoked to see what he can do, luckily it's not a long term commitment to him IF he doesn't. One thing that this front office does better than most, short term prove it deals.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:41 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:

This might be the most confusing paragraph I've ever read in my life.

Circular logic FTL.

Bottom line, Lacy's made weight. So if he stinks, it ain't the weight.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:43 am
  • If he is 240 pounds, and averages 2.5 YPC, he will be cut because of his lack of contribution, despite making weight.

Of course there is some area in between 2 and 4 YPC where it may not be clear if he is making a valuable contribution or not.

His weight is an extremely minor part of this, and it would appear that is the message Pete is sending by responding with "He is doing really well."
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:55 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:

Circular logic FTL.

No Lacy did not make weight this month. That was my whole point.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:59 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:If he is 240 pounds, and averages 2.5 YPC, he will be cut because of his lack of contribution, despite making weight.

Of course there is some area in between 2 and 4 YPC where it may not be clear if he is making a valuable contribution or not.

His weight is an extremely minor part of this, and it would appear that is the message Pete is sending by responding with "He is doing really well."

Yep, if Fat Eddie runs like a demon nobody is going to care what he weighs. Let's see what he can do on the field and go from there. :irishdrinkers:
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:03 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:

Circular logic FTL.

Where did you see that?

His last weight in was Tuesday, and as far as I've read, Pete hasn't said anything.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:10 am
  • If he's healthy and he's at a good weight, he'll be pro bowl caliber as the past would indicate. He's also in a contract year...

massari
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:29 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:

Circular logic FTL.

Where did you see that?

His last weight in was Tuesday, and as far as I've read, Pete hasn't said anything.

Seymour wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Probably because he needed to be bribed to lose weight.

We all know what that means.
    :|
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:41 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:

Circular logic FTL.

Where did you see that?

You decide and tell me.

Check the question at the 6 minute mark.....

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/09/06/pete-carroll-week-1-wednesday-press-conference
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:51 am
  • Weight won't matter much. Also we absolutely cannot assume he didn't make weight. Particularly since last weigh in, Pete gave a similarly obtuse non answer, when he could have just answered the yes/no question easily.

We do not know what Pete meant. He's been intentionally evasive this offseason in this regard already. Probably in an attempt to just not make it a big deal for fans to get worked up about.

Lacy looked good and healthy the last time we saw him two weeks ago. Expect to see much of the same. Nothing really to wring our hands about.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:02 am
  • Pete tried to be cagey about who will start but may have given away that, this week anyway, it won't be TR: He said they had already decided it, before acknowledging that TR was not yet a sure thing. They would have taken that into account before making the Decision.

My guess is that EL gets the most RB touches against GB, but that CJ gets the most RB yards.
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:03 am
  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:Weight won't matter much. Also we absolutely cannot assume he didn't make weight. Particularly since last weigh in, Pete gave a similarly obtuse non answer, when he could have just answered the yes/no question easily.

We do not know what Pete meant. He's been intentionally evasive this offseason in this regard already. Probably in an attempt to just not make it a big deal for fans to get worked up about.

Lacy looked good and healthy the last time we saw him two weeks ago. Expect to see much of the same. Nothing really to wring our hands about.

You should tell that to the Packers....

The Packers listed Lacy at 234 pounds this season, but there were rumors during training camp that he weighed as much as 242 pounds. He was alternately ineffective and out of the lineup, and he had only six games out of the 18 Green Bay played in which he topped 75 yards, which was his career average coming into the season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-mccarthy-on-eddie-lacys-weight-issues-hes-got-a-lot-of-work-to-do/
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:04 am
  • What was the desired weight for him again according to Pete ... 245? If he's over by 3 or 4 pounds, it's not that consequential. If he balloons up to 265, that would be a big deal.

I agree that Pete is done with this whole offseason weight issue and is concentrating on football and Eddie being the best running back he can be. I think we should head that direction too.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:06 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Circular logic FTL.

Where did you see that?

You decide and tell me.

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/09/06/pete-carroll-week-1-wednesday-press-conference

You're right, that's Pete speak for "no."

It's still not that big of a deal for me, I assume if he didn't make weight it was only by a couple pounds this far along in camp.

It's still no excuse for him not running well, a couple pounds isn't coming into GB's camp last year 20-30 lbs overweight. Even then Lacy was having a good year until he got hurt.

IMO too much is being made of this.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:07 am
  • Pete said "He's done everything we've asked him to do". One of the things they asked him to do was make specific weight goals as the preseason progressed. Just because he didn't answer it directly as yes or no, doesn't mean he didn't answer it.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:12 am
  • DJrmb wrote:Pete said "He's done everything we've asked him to do". One of the things they asked him to do was make specific weight goals as the preseason progressed. Just because he didn't answer it directly as yes or no, doesn't mean he didn't answer it.

Whatever.

When first asked (his 1st 2 weigh ins) Pete went from a resounding smiling Yes!.... to now dodging the question. Look at his face when he hears the question.

The coach speak is pretty obvious, but believe what you want.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:14 am
  • Plenty of big backs have been successful in the NFL. Fingers crossed he stays healthy and knocks some fools out :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:25 am
  • DJrmb wrote:Pete said "He's done everything we've asked him to do". One of the things they asked him to do was make specific weight goals as the preseason progressed. Just because he didn't answer it directly as yes or no, doesn't mean he didn't answer it.

Every other weigh in Pete said he made weight, so why not say it this time?

Not that I care, but no, he didn't make weight..........and Pete hesitated, which means he was searching for the right way to spin it.

Don't have to be a Kojak to figure this one out.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:32 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Plenty of big backs have been successful in the NFL. Fingers crossed he stays healthy and knocks some fools out :lol:

Wasn't there one who hailed from Detroit that played at 250 plus? His name slips my mind. :mrgreen:
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:37 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Don't have to be a Kojak to figure this one out.

Nope....But it helps Baby!!

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:21 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Pete said "He's done everything we've asked him to do". One of the things they asked him to do was make specific weight goals as the preseason progressed. Just because he didn't answer it directly as yes or no, doesn't mean he didn't answer it.

Not that I care, but no, he didn't make weight..........and Pete hesitated, which means he was searching for the right way to spin it.

Pete deflected last time, too, and it turned out Lacy made weight.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:23 am
  • touche'

We all know where that big back came from :pukeface:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:30 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Circular logic FTL.

Where did you see that?

You decide and tell me.

Pete also said "He's done everything we've asked" a couple of times. That would seem to one like myself who is more focused on seeing his play that he has probably met his weight goals.
    BadgerVid
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:33 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Pete said "He's done everything we've asked him to do". One of the things they asked him to do was make specific weight goals as the preseason progressed. Just because he didn't answer it directly as yes or no, doesn't mean he didn't answer it.

Pete deflected last time, too, and it turned out Lacy made weight.

Pete said the word "yes" last time when pressed by a reporter.

This time? No.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Next

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information