Eddie Lacy

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Not sure why it feels like the majority of 12s are down on him. I imagine this will turn out like Wilson/Flynn did and the bandwagon will fill up come week 3 or 4. This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks.

Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs.

Bend the knee.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I thought he looked good last night. He will only get better.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Last night was his best game of the 3. I was a little disappointed in what I saw during short-yardage situations, but overall I have seen improvement with Lacy every week.

Josea16

Reaction score
You are probably right that he's about as close to Lynch as we're going to get. He's durable and obviously can pass protect and catch. He was good last night I'm convinced his ankle will be 100% by the 10th.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Yup I liked what I saw lastnight I hope his ankle is feelin 100% by game 1

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I do think he has suffered from a lack of full game carries, i.e. wearing the defense down. But I also think Carson is playing like 2015 Rawls and 2015 Rawls was an unstoppable force.

Polk738

Reaction score
I really think he just needs some playing time to find his groove, we're still in a much better position than last year when it comes to the RB situation.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Probably because he needed to be bribed to lose weight.

Sorry, I'm pullin' a full-on Tech Worlds with this guy.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":12mmaggn said:
Last night was his best game of the 3. I was a little disappointed in what I saw during short-yardage situations, but overall I have seen improvement with Lacy every week.

His run from the 1 after his long run was poor at best.

RussB

Reaction score
Ive always liked lacy from the first time i saw him play. I love his style, if he can avoid injury he should be very solid. Him and carson sharing carries can be very good.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":up9qah28 said:
Not sure why it feels like the majority of 12s are down on him. I imagine this will turn out like Wilson/Flynn did and the bandwagon will fill up come week 3 or 4.

Not down on him here. Even though I've speculated he could be cut. The reasons for cutting him would only be based on pragmatic cap reasons. I would expect him to be worth his contract. Injuries to me don't matter as those are just an assumed risk of playing football. He has real quality.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He will be better in short yardage situations if the line gels a bit to where he isn't taking his first hit in our backfield.

sutz

Reaction score
Lacy was OK. I guess they're starting him off slow. But frankly, I though Carson looked more "Beastly" than Lacy did, admittedly on more attempts.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2ofigyjf said:
He will be better in short yardage situations if the line gels a bit to where he isn't taking his first hit in our backfield.

Of course, that could be said of any running back!!! Our OL line has to give him two steps to get going.

Josea16

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1ckz33xx said:
Not sure why it feels like the majority of 12s are down on him. I imagine this will turn out like Wilson/Flynn did and the bandwagon will fill up come week 3 or 4. This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was 6instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks.

Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs.

Bend the knee.
Never against him. He's a bell cow type RB. Green Bay screwed up simple as that. He isn't Marshawn but he's pretty near and a much better pass blocker and receiver.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
TwilightError":kuc790ka said:
Seems like he is hitting the fast food again. http://www.12up.com/posts/5489629-eddie ... eason-game

Well, that is a bit suspect, being based on a blurry picture, but still :stirthepot: :drool:

Lol..
How about the HulkMode pic where Lacy looking like an offensive lineman wears a green six-pack-abs print under his jersey.
Meanwhile in another pic Carson shows off his physique and real washboard abs.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I think it's hard to get too excited about any of the Seahawks' RBs simply because there's too much uncertainty about role and too many of them to begin with.

They've gotta be the only team in the league that kept 6 backs on their 53, and there's literally four of them (Rawls, Lacy, Prosisse, and Carson) who are fighting for fans' affection.

If I had to guess, across the season I'd figure there will be weeks in which Lacy has close to 20 touches and weeks in which he has close to zero.

Basically, it's a year in which a Seahawks fan has to either be excited about the running back POSITION or not. Trying to pick one horse out of that stable is a fool's errand.

Jville

Reaction score
I think we are in for a treat with this years versatile and complementary running back corp. The wealth at running back foretells an entertaining and adaptive offense. An adaptive offense featuring geninue spark plugs to ignite the offense. Versatile receiver / running backs to unsettle defenses and instill uncertainty about formations and intent. And, a clock work hammer to finish off games ..... Eddie Lacy.

Such a versatile and complementary group. I welcome the spectacle of the Seahawk offense asserting it's will on game day.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":acprupfb said:
Probably because he needed to be bribed to lose weight.

Sorry, I'm pullin' a full-on Tech Worlds with this guy.

Well the bribe doesn't appear to be enough. Sounds like he has failed his last weigh in. Pete was asked if he made weight this week and answered "He is doing really well".

We all know what that means. :|