Tre Madden

Anajimmc

Reaction score
How about a little love for this guy. That was a helluva catch for the TD, tipped, low and behind as he was moving away. Also showed well on his run blocking. All in all good night for the young man.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Clutchy little effort. Pete called out his blocking, though. Sounds like that's one battle that will come right down to the wire. They might give him an extended tryout into the regular season so they don't have to pay Reece as much.

OP
OP
A

Anajimmc

Reaction score
"They might give him an extended tryout into the regular season so they don't have to pay Reece as much." That's exactly what I was thinking, possibly a salary cap benefit. Likely though he'll be a practice squad guy, and given a year to develop at a new position.

Erebus

Reaction score
Experience trumps athleticism and playmaking at fullback, IMO. I think fullback is one of those positions where it might be better to have a veteran that may be a little slower than a young athletic guy, as long as the veteran is good at blocking and picking up blitzers.

Jville

Reaction score
TNT_Seahawks_Chiefs_0013

Anajimmc":1mxzwlhx said:
"They might give him an extended tryout into the regular season so they don't have to pay Reece as much." That's exactly what I was thinking, possibly a salary cap benefit. Likely though he'll be a practice squad guy, and given a year to develop at a new position.

I would think Tre is a practice squad consideration.

Career path fraught with setbacks leads Tre Madden to the brink of a Seahawks’ roster spot >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/john-mcgrath/article169711567.html[/urltargetblank]