Most trade-able players right now

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Who might we be able to trade?

Lane and Kearse have been mentioned a million times.

How about Ahtyba Rubin, Luke Willson, CJ Prosise, Thomas Rawls, and Germaine Ifedi?

Something is going down soon, who do you think we are able to move?

I woudl prefer to move Lane or Kearse to get their $ off the books, but I'd move Ifedi and Rubin for a good DT.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2nps5qpk said:

How about Ahtyba Rubin, Luke Willson, CJ Prosise, Thomas Rawls, and Germaine Ifedi?

Something is going down soon, who do you think we are able to move?

I woudl prefer to move Lane or Kearse to get their $ off the books, but I'd move Ifedi and Rubin for a good DT.

Rubin is a really good DT. He's just not a pass rusher.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm going to go way out on a limb and say there won't be a trade.

chris98251

Reaction score
Don't we have a Madden Forum? There has to be a mutual value, what we need and right now it's interior pass rush run stopper.

Not many of those going to be available for all of you worried about our money issues and trying to unload 4 or 5 guys.

Any seasoned Vet could be picked up when cut loose and we would look like idiots, were not getting first, second, and third round picks for guys anyway.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Wenhawk":17tdmcsy said:

The NFL views the players you mentioned as pure trash. They would only give up a 7th rounder or a conditional 6th for any of those guys.

Side note when was the last time Lane broke up a pass? Was it the interception during Superbowl 49?

Seymour

Reaction score
There is only one possible trade to catch the big fish. Jimmy. Bevell gets 50% value out of him, so should consider overall value as well.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Nope Jimmy is staying put. Sherman too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Lol no offense but how are any of those players "tradeable"? Sure from our standpoint we would't mind trading them, but for a player to truly be tradeable doesn't anyother team have to view them as worth trading for?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
How do you define "most trade-able?" We could probably get five first-round picks for Russel Wilson, lol.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkGA":5ny1uovy said:
I'm going to go way out on a limb and say there won't be a trade.

Always true, and particularly true this year a I think.

With the elimination of the first cut down periods this Sunday afternoon there's going to suddenly be almost 1,200 players who are available for free and without having to trade for them.

If you're having a trade dangled at you, you're better off waiting until after Sunday and seeing if you can't get a comparable player (or even the same player) for free.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
<Looks at Kearse's contract>

Who would want to trade for Kearse, exactly? I don't think you could give him away for free. I don't dislike the guy like a lot of posters do, but his role on this team is very specific. And he just had a down year.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
It's not that Kearse and Lane aren't moveable. They are. It's just that they will be throw in components that any team that takes them on can cut. They won't likely have any value to any team that takes either of them. Certainly a team in rebuilding mode would rather have the cap roll over than the players themselves.

If you're talking trade, there are only a handful of guys that will relieve cap space sufficiently to take on a moderate (5M+ salary) in return:

Sherman (9M)
Thomas (6.6M)
Graham (10M)

Those guys are pretty safe. There are a handful of guys one could package in pairs:

Baldwin (4M)
Wright (4.8M)
Avril (4.5M)
Joeckel (3M)

These guys seem extremely set as well.

The remaining guys that would take multiple moves:

Bennett (1.8M)
Lane (1.5M)
Lacy (2M)
Wilhoite (1M)
Richardson (1M)

Not a lot here one would part with either. Perhaps Lacy at 2M. But not because he's no good. Only that the position group is so deep. They'd be pruning a player at the top of that depth chart. So there would be a short term hit. At a position/role that Seattle intentionally added to due to lack of depth last season. So hard to imagine we'd risk a repeat of last year.

Overall, there isn't really any tradeable contracts on this team. At least ones where we would be an immediate loser in terms of loss of quality.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
"How about Ahtyba Rubin, Luke Willson, CJ Prosise, Thomas Rawls, and Germaine Ifedi?"

Rubin is a good DT, and his role here is probably valued more by the Hawks than most other teams.
Willson was a free agent that nobody offered a decent contract to, so he came back to us cheap. If someone wanted to trade for him they could have just signed him a few months ago.
Procise has been injured more often than not, and plays RB which is a dime a dozen in the NFL.
Rawls, see Procise.
Ifedi was the worst pass blocking guard in the NFL last year and is playing his second position in his second NFL year.

None of these players can be leveraged to improve our team. Kearse or Lane either, nobody will want them on their current contracts, like Attyla said, they would have to be part of a package with one of our better players that we don't want to part with.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Always get s chuckle at these type of threads. Half the posters are screaming to just cut Kearse, "but yeah lets trade him. Im sure we can get atleast a first rounder for him"

2_0_6

Reaction score
last night on Madden I traded Kearse and a 3rd for Joe Thomas. Anything is possible :D

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
The most tradeable, as in valuable assets on this team are Russell Wilson and Frank Clark. Wilson because he's a franchise QB obviously, and Clark because he plays a premium position and has already had success, and still has 2 years on his dirt cheap rookie deal. Either of them would bring a ton back in a trade.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1xkdgr21 said:
Kearse for JJ Watt, get it done :mrgreen:

I'd rather trade Lane for Brady, then make him our backup. :lol: :2thumbs:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
sdog1981":16a33yon said:
Wenhawk":16a33yon said:

The NFL views the players you mentioned as pure trash. They would only give up a 7th rounder or a conditional 6th for any of those guys.

Rawls would fetch much more than the rest, if perhaps not a 1st-rounder because of his injury history. He'll also be part of a position of great depth on our roster, should Chris Carson continue panning out.