The Road to the SB MUST go through Seattle ...

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I know it is too early to talk about this, but I believe the road to the SB goes through #1 Seed in the NFC.
I feel that the coaches know this. The veterans players know this. We just need to make sure we don't "leave wins on the field" this year. The last couple of years, we have lost games we had no business losing (Rams, .. duh).

I expect us to be there, when it matters at the end. Our biggest competition will be the Packers.
Which team do you think has the potential to ruin our Home Field Advantage?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Atlanta (if they can avoid the post SB loss hangover) - they have all the pieces
NYG - If Eli can become lucky gunslinger Eli. They have the defense and receiving corps
Packers - Anytime you have Aaron Rodgers you have a chance
Carolina - provided Cam can regain his unstoppable form
Arizona - If you can squeeze one more decent season from Palmer and their DL gels
Dallas - With that OL anything is possible but they don't have such a wussy schedule this year and the Giants are the better team in that division IMO

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Giants and Cowboys are getting majorly hyped right now. Atlanta didn't lose anything in terms of personnel, tho they did lose Shanahan.

Packers are looking to take a step down this year, but Rodgers' ability to elevate the team always counts for something.

Rams and Cardinals have positioned themselves to beat us (and only us) by stacking up on DL.

That's really it.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I feel that the Falcons had a weak schedule, the "surprise" effect and a weak NFC South last year ...They won't have any of those this year. The Panthers are better. Then Bucs are better. The Saints should get better. Their schedule is brutal. They have a new O-Cordinator. I don't see them competing for the #1 seed in the NFC. I would be shocked if they did.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Mad Dog":243qq126 said:
Atlanta (if they can avoid the post SB loss hangover) - they have all the pieces
NYG - If Eli can become lucky gunslinger Eli. They have the defense and receiving corps
Packers - Anytime you have Aaron Rodgers you have a chance
Carolina - provided Cam can regain his unstoppable form
Arizona - If you can squeeze one more decent season from Palmer and their DL gels
Dallas - With that OL anything is possible but they don't have such a wussy schedule this year and the Giants are the better team in that division IMO

Well, unless you're behind in the fourth quarter. Then he's gonna lose.

HawkGA

Reaction score
joeseahawks":7hzkxn0y said:
I feel that the Falcons had a weak schedule, the "surprise" effect and a weak NFC South last year ...They won't have any of those this year. The Panthers are better. Then Bucs are better. The Saints should get better. Their schedule is brutal. They have a new O-Cordinator. I don't see them competing for the #1 seed in the NFC. I would be shocked if they did.

This might be somewhat true but I think they were legitimately good last year too . . . unlike the previous year's surprise NFC South team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Best team does not always have the best seed, just takes one game, one bad call.

irocdave

Reaction score
Atlanta will be there in the end, same as the Packers. Giants hype is just that, hype. Dallas has a shot with that O-line, but the D is still a huge question mark. Panthers? Don't they have some odd theme of sucking, then being really good, then sucking year in and out? Seems that they will not suck this year, but still have a ton of questions about play makers on O and a defense that has dropped to mediocrity quickly.

I wouldnt assume the road to the SB in the NFC runs through Seattle, but the WAZE ap dam sure shows it as a viable option!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
There's an old expression....."Don't count your chickens before they hatch". If the Hawks aren't there with at least a 12-4 record, then I could care less who is the Division/Conference winner.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Agreed. We need HFA to get to the SuperBowl. Let's go get it!

Seymour

Reaction score
Personally, I'd prefer to see a couple of "real games" before making any super bowl predictions. :idea:

Could we be in the mix? Yep. Could we be hampered and eliminated by past skeletons? Yep.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think we easily make the playoff, probably against Alabama. Saban's boys are going down! :irishdrinkers: