Lane trade has to be for a pick now.

kidhawk

Reaction score
picking up the cb from the patriots helps fill the depth we lost last night, otherwise I'd have thought we'd just keep Lane. Now it's really anyone's guess what they are up to. Really we have tons of options (and we haven't even got to the onslaught of cuts yet)

mistaowen

Reaction score
If they do trade Lane, there has to be a lot of faith in Shaq Griffin and the other supporting cast to step up.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Brock might be more important to this than Coleman though. Brock has played at a higher level for longer than Lane. Then we also have Shaq, Thorpe, Desir, etc.

It's gotta be a pick.

Shaq on the outside and Brock at nickel. Backups being Thorpe, Coleman, and possibly Desir if they go with 6. However, McDougald had also played some corner and nickel.

Gotta be a trade for a pick methinks...

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1kkafyad said:
I wonder if the injury to Elliott last night puts the breaks on any thoughts of trading away Lane.

Wow, is this ever an ironic grammatical error in a post about Elliot and Lane...

massari

Reaction score
Hoping they trade Lane+Rubin and the Dolphins cut Maxwell. The Hawks then sign him for around $4M this season.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":286j2d2i said:
Brock might be more important to this than Coleman though. Brock has played at a higher level for longer than Lane. Then we also have Shaq, Thorpe, Desir, etc.

It's gotta be a pick.

Shaq on the outside and Brock at nickel. Backups being Thorpe, Coleman, and possibly Desir if they go with 6. However, McDougald had also played some corner and nickel.

Gotta be a trade for a pick methinks...

Is losing Lane going to matter when the QB is flat on his back anyway? :twisted: :2thumbs:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
According to Davis HSU ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/903707224899325952[/tweet]

Interesting to see what actually comes back Seattle's way. Sounds like they have several options.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Don' see any real value in dealing Lane at this point.

I'd keep him for no other reason than to allow Griffin to grow at a more suitable pace. Don't have to throw him out there on the edge against Rodgers week 1. But let Griffin get confidence and experience in weeks 2 through 6 against lesser opponents.

Lane is still good. And really I will always contend that his injury in SB49 was the key/critical factor in losing that game. Seattle doesn't need his cap relief. Especially since they can get more by removing Rubin from the roster. Rubin is now expendable as SR plays his position and is a three down player in that regard.

Lane affords us the ability to bring along our young, but extremely promising talent, slowly. With good fortune, Griffin will be ready to go by the Nov/Dec championship push and be just an empirically superior option then.

Lane's contract is not a problem for us at this point. Keep the depth where it is.

massari

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1i1cn413 said:
According to Davis HSU ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/903707224899325952[/tweet]

Interesting to see what actually comes back Seattle's way. Sounds like they have several options.
Here I thought It'd be difficult to trade Kearse, Rubin and Lane. Guess not.

netskier

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2ekgkg0h said:
Don' see any real value in dealing Lane at this point.

I'd keep him for no other reason than to allow Griffin to grow at a more suitable pace. Don't have to throw him out there on the edge against Rodgers week 1. But let Griffin get confidence and experience in weeks 2 through 6 against lesser opponents.

Lane is still good. And really I will always contend that his injury in SB49 was the key/critical factor in losing that game. Seattle doesn't need his cap relief. Especially since they can get more by removing Rubin from the roster. Rubin is now expendable as SR plays his position and is a three down player in that regard.

Lane affords us the ability to bring along our young, but extremely promising talent, slowly. With good fortune, Griffin will be ready to go by the Nov/Dec championship push and be just an empirically superior option then.

Lane's contract is not a problem for us at this point. Keep the depth where it is.

I agree with this analysis.

I always felt that his injury in SB49 was intended to injure him to remove him from the game. I think it was their slot receiver who did that, and who just recently suffered a knee injury of his own.

I think Avril's concussion in the same game was also critical, in that this injury destroyed most of the pressure on Brady.

Latest posts