Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

So just what will Sheldon bring to the table?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:
    To be fair though, who wouldn't have locker room issues if forced to play for the Jets?

This statement sounds eerily similar as to when a certain super star arrived from the Vikings......and we know what that did to our locker room.

Yes, he is Bennett mouthy but he isn't fragile like Percy Harvin and he produces all season long. Face it we won on this trade and Green Bay fans are admitting that. I live in AFC country so I've seen him plenty.

Middle pressure will kill Erin. And now that Kearse is gone start watching Wilson throwing to Jimmy and WR' s that actually catch the ball 75-80 percent of the time if not more.

This season is setting up for something historic....a 30 PPG offense with a defense that allows 12-15 a game.
    Last edited by Josea16 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:
    To be fair though, who wouldn't have locker room issues if forced to play for the Jets?

This statement sounds eerily similar as to when a certain super star arrived from the Vikings......and we know what that did to our locker room.

Yes, he is Bennett mouthy but he isn't fragile like Percy Harvin and he produces all season long. Face it we won on this trade and Green Bay fans are admitting that. I live in AFC country so I've seen him plenty.

Middle pressure will kill Erin. And now that Kearse is gone start watching Wilson throwing to Jimmy and WR' s that actually catch the ball 75-80 percent of the time if not more.

It's going to be the biggest relief to FINALLY see these QB's step up and get squashed for once... I"m counting on it. No more stepping up and flipping it to some midget no one has ever heard of before for a 20 yard gain on 3rd and 19.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Bobblehead wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:

It's going to be the biggest relief to FINALLY see these QB's step up and get squashed for once... I"m counting on it. No more stepping up and flipping it to some midget no one has ever heard of before for a 20 yard gain on 3rd and 19.

You saw the highlights they aren't fake this guy is Cortez Kennedy level if motivated. And you better believe he is motivated and for the first time in his short career on a defense that will play him in the correct position and has an offense run by a pro bowl and Superbowl winning quarterback that has an offense that is about as loaded as the defense will be in a day or two. When you have Nazir Jones and Frank Clark as backups you're not worried on defense because that's a serious rotation.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Well if he's as good as all the hype here, we will be in for a treat and, well they will be in for a long long, longlong unpleasant day.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• I am betting they are going to see him and then if he performs as advertise try a lock up extension while the setting is new and things are going well.

I am thinking Carson Palmer just pooped himself a little also.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Bobblehead wrote:Well if he's as good as all the hype here, we will be in for a treat and, well they will be in for a long long, longlong unpleasant day.

Correct my man. He's a complete DT that is young. That is still adding to his skill set and now motivated beyond the fact it's his contract year. Now he's on an elite defense for the first time in his career.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:I am betting they are going to see him and then if he performs as advertise try a lock up extension while the setting is new and things are going well.

I am thinking Carson Palmer just pooped himself a little also.

Of course because that's how we roll. We do this all the time for years running at this point.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Really, Really Encouraging Stat for those who haven't seen this yet ...

Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    253hawk wrote:OLs everywhere be like:

LOL. And the actor that plays Negan is a huge Hawks fan!

That is awesome, I am a huge fan of his wife!!!!!
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

• He will probably be here for the foreseeable future if he works out this year. BOTH Bennet and Avril are like 31 years old, maybe 32 years old during the season so the might only have a couple years left before they are done. Clark and Richardson on the other hand are 24 and 26? I believe. Good trade for the future should we pursue that option

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• Natethegreat wrote:Exactly, apparently he has some legal issues. Like driving 140 MPH with a 12 year old child in the car.

Well, I once drove 145+ MPH in my '69 Dodge ex-cop car with an 18 year old in the car (me), so I can't hold that against the guy.

It didn't occur to me at the time that my cheap-a$$ tires were probably rated for like 85 MPH... :shock:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• mrt144 wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:

We know what our OC did with him too.

Shhh... Bevell will find out Richardson is so versatile that he also has 2 Rushing TDs. Welcome our new goal line Fullback.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• WilsonMVP wrote:He will probably be here for the foreseeable future if he works out this year. BOTH Bennet and Avril are like 31 years old, maybe 32 years old during the season so the might only have a couple years left before they are done. Clark and Richardson on the other hand are 24 and 26? I believe. Good trade for the future should we pursue that option

Richardson is going to get a lot of money, so they'd probably have to trade someone or let Graham go to fit him in. Not sure though.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Bobblehead wrote:

This made me laugh so hard
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• He will bring 6-8 more ints for our secondary
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Russ Willstrong wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:

We know what our OC did with him too.

Shhh... Bevell will find out Richardson is so versatile that he also has 2 Rushing TDs. Welcome our new goal line Fullback.

Using him as a blocking fullback to pave the way for Lacy in a goal line situation would be quite a sight. He could block for Carson, Rawls, Prosise, any RB -- but the mental image of hulking Richardson lined up in front of hulking Lacy in a goal line situation, I'd love to see them try it at least once. If it's a smash-mouth game (Rams come to mind) that requires our offense to deal out some punishment, two hulks might be too much for the opposing D to try to stop.
    F E E L I N G L I K E 2 0 1 3 A L L O V E R A G A I N !
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

• I think the entire NFC and a few AFC QBs/coordinators/coaches are lurking our board right now. I have never seen '300 guests'. Is that normal?
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• hgwellz12 wrote:I think the entire NFC and a few AFC QBs/coordinators/coaches are lurking our board right now. I have never seen '300 guests'. Is that normal?

Ha, that'd be funny. Especially if they are only half clever about. Who is "PaintDrinker69" ;)
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• Hoping for 50+ sacks from the defense this year!
    “People want to be a part of a story, build up a controversy, and so now we have a story, so thank you.” “We have something to build upon. You already started our narrative. That’s good for us.” Michael Bennett
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• Bigpumpkin wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:

Do you remember the outcome of said players last year here?
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Hawknballs wrote:Richardson is a beast, and imagine how much better he will play for a team that isn't terrible and hopeless and inept which never has a chance to win it's division or go to the playoffs, that knows how to rotate their D line so he can get after the QB from the inside

Richardson is Super Bowi or Bust. If he plays up to his potential and in a contract year I would expect his best effort this defense could break it's own records. He will be at his natural position and he is surrounded by talent. The only way this trade goes south if he slips and gets the third strike and automatic suspension. I think Pete and John felt comfortable enough to go all in for 2017. Why not?
    Cc5674
    NET Bench Warmer

• John Clayton was saying he's going to get Suh type money and there is no way, the Seahawks will make him the 2nd highest paid player on the team, so it's essentially a one year rental.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Image

Man, he even looks like a bad man. I watched this YouTube thing about his analytics and even last year when he didn't care he was a top 20 percentile player. When he cares top 10 percentile or higher.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Bobblehead wrote:John Clayton was saying he's going to get Suh type money and there is no way, the Seahawks will make him the 2nd highest paid player on the team, so it's essentially a one year rental.

I figure he will play well but will be somewhere else next season. You can only spend so much on that side of the ball and he is going to want big $$$ on his second contract. Should get a comp pick the following year.
    Cc5674
    NET Bench Warmer

• Bobblehead wrote:John Clayton was saying he's going to get Suh type money and there is no way, the Seahawks will make him the 2nd highest paid player on the team, so it's essentially a one year rental.

We will see. JS/PC do special things and magic seems to happen just like in New England. Players want to play for both organizations so special things are possible. If not we get a nice comp pick.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• I hear Sheldon is an excellent theoretical physicist specializing in String Theory.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• hawknation2017 wrote:Image

Love it.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• He's also great on stunts, which we already do a lot with Bennett, Avril, and Clark.

Only downside is the timing; he's going to have to learn the playbook & technique on the fly.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:John Clayton was saying he's going to get Suh type money and there is no way, the Seahawks will make him the 2nd highest paid player on the team, so it's essentially a one year rental.

We will see. JS/PC do special things and magic seems to happen just like in New England. Players want to play for both organizations so special things are possible. If not we get a nice comp pick.

This is one of the most fun atmospheres and coaches to play for in the entire NFL. Chris hit it when he said John might hit while the good feelings are new and get him to a fair contract for both.

I see him playing 3T and 5T here. The guy is a beast and has some of the best hand usage in the league (along with Bennett).

I won't hold my breath, but it could happen. It's strange, but no one really wanted to expend capital for him via trade....everyone wanted him to take a pay cut from 8m/year. That doesn't tell me his market is 15m/year like Suh got. We have an advantage in that there's no state income tax here which helps when negotiating against teams in NY, NJ, CA, etc.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2017 wrote:He's also great on stunts, which we already do a lot with Bennett, Avril, and Clark.

Only downside is the timing; he's going to have to learn the playbook & technique on the fly.

He played on a four man line. Here's the playbook: Go get the quarterback!
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• Exactly, the fact that the Jets had this guy playing OLB, is just mind boggling to me
    Polk738
    NET Rookie

• Looks like he's settling in fine. 8)

Both Britt and Richardson grew up in Missouri and played college football together at Mizzou, so the Safeco Field reunion shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise.

Nonetheless, it seems Richardson is already building bonds with his new teammates and is ready to get a fresh start in Seattle.
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Josea16 wrote:This season is setting up for something historic....a 30 PPG offense with a defense that allows 12-15 a game.

Don't underestimate our OC's ability to lower that 30 PPG estimate.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

You know, I kind of hate to use this as an example, but what the heck? I'm OK with a 1 year rental for a super star player. I remember back to 1994 when the 49ers went out there and brought in Neon Deion Sanders on a 1 year deal. They knew it was a rent-a-player for 1 year as well, as they knew there was no way they were going to be able to afford to keep the best CB in the game. You know what happened? He ended up being voted NFC Defensive Player of the Year ... and the 49ers rode him all the way to a 49-26 Super Bowl victory in SB XXIX. He WAS gone the next year (signed with the Cowboys) ... but was it worth it for 1 season? Heck yeah it was. Lombardi Trophies are forever man.

I'm hoping for similar results with Richardson. ;)
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• This so reminds me of the Avril/Bennett steals. Richardson is going to love this atmosphere. Coming from the Jets? Seriously? Bennett came from Tampa Bay when they sucked, Avril came from Detroit enough said. If he goes Deion Sanders or Darrell Revis okay whatever we get the Lombardi and reload again. Possibly just going inside out with Clark, Mcdowell, Richardson and Jones.

Richardson was already killing it in preseason. This might get precap good and ridiculous.

You got to love this era of Seahawks football if not you are a fool.
    Last edited by Josea16 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Hawkscanner wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:John Clayton was saying he's going to get Suh type money and there is no way, the Seahawks will make him the 2nd highest paid player on the team, so it's essentially a one year rental.

You know, I kind of hate to use this as an example, but what the heck? I'm OK with a 1 year rental for a super star player. I remember back to 1994 when the 49ers went out there and brought in Neon Deion Sanders on a 1 year deal. They knew it was a rent-a-player for 1 year as well, as they knew there was no way they were going to be able to afford to keep the best CB in the game. You know what happened? He ended up being voted NFC Defensive Player of the Year ... and the 49ers rode him all the way to a 49-26 Super Bowl victory in SB XXIX. He WAS gone the next year (signed with the Cowboys) ... but was it worth it for 1 season? Heck yeah it was. Lombardi Trophies are forever man.

I'm hoping for similar results with Richardson. ;)

I don't mind it at all.. people are saying how much he'll be.. 8 million for one year, but it's 8 million if he had a longer contract or not. Baseball has done this for years, bring in a ringer, bring in a Championship. It's certainly worth the difference between a 2nd and a 3rd and I think they have been trying to find a way to unload Kearse to begin with so all is good.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Last edited by brimsalabim on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• With Bennett, Avril, and now Richardson, Schneider's veteran DL acquisitions have been on point. Throw in Kevin Williams, too. And David Bass looked like a steal in preseason.
    Last edited by hawknation2017 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Cc5674 wrote:Richardson is Super Bowi or Bust.

Yep. Full description right there in just six words. :2thumbs:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Wouldn't THIS be something if Schneider could work this kind of magic and make this happen?

Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• hawknation2017 wrote:With Bennett, Avril, and now Richardson, Schneider's free agent DL acquisitions have been on point. Throw in Kevin Williams, too. And David Bass looked like a steal in preseason.

I happen to agree with you. I loved the athleticism of David Bass from day one. Kid flys to the ball, aggressive, with a great upside. I predict he will more than help us win games this year on key 3rd and long situations.

As for Richardson, he is that inside push we have needed and didn't have the last couple of years. Playing the "A" gap he will implode the line over center and our "D" ends will finish up on the outside. I wold even like to see Frank Clark at times standing up in a line backer position, blitzing off of Sheldon's weak side hip. Should be great to watch.
    RW92
    NET Rookie

• You WANNA know what Sheldon Richardson brings to the table? Let me give you a little Preview of Coming Attractions (Courtesy of Coleman Crawford) ...

[NOTE -- Click on the Twitter Link above. Coleman has an extensive breakdown of LOTS of game footage and how Sheldon Richardson just DOMINATED the Patriots in this game.]
    WHHAAAA-HAAAA!!!!!! [Extreme Excitement] :0190l:
    Last edited by Hawkscanner on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• I'm like Pete, so "frickin" excited about this. I also believe fully that he will be on his best behavior, both in the locker room and off of the field. He is in a contract year, and is looking for a "Suh" type contract.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• Great stuff from our former .Net compatriot Doug Farrar ...

I agree 100% with Doug on this one.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• Been awhile where we had an inside pressure presence.
    “People want to be a part of a story, build up a controversy, and so now we have a story, so thank you.” “We have something to build upon. You already started our narrative. That’s good for us.” Michael Bennett
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• Mebane or Tez type pressure would be awesome.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• :lol:

"Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]