Davis over Boykin

Cc5674

Reaction score
Davis certainly out played Boykin. The turnovers were the difference along with accuracy. That being said I hope Davis never sees a meaningful snap again this season. The bright lights of the regular season have never been kind to Austin Davis.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Cc5674":1mhlweai said:
Davis certainly out played Boykin. The turnovers were the difference along with accuracy. That being said I hope Davis never sees a meaningful snap again this season. The bright lights of the regular season have never been kind to Austin Davis.
Davis beat us in 2014.

Keep in mind he has only taken regular-season snaps for the Rams and Browns. The bright lights of the regular season regularly defecate on both those franchises. Hard to shine brightly when covered with the fail of those franchises*.

* Rams = past decade
Browns = forever

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Ya i don't have any confidence in either one. Russ just needs to stay healthy... please please please stay healthy

Seymour

Reaction score
I feel better about Davis than Boykin. Davis beat us, hard to top that.

Seafan

Reaction score
Boykin can end up on the PS FWIW.

The Hawks still have their emergency taxi squad QB in waiting on the streets in Kap in case disaster strikes.

I feel better about the QB situation this year than last.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Davis seems to have a tangible .. if you can call it that, that Russ doesn't have, and that's hanging in the pocket to make the pass.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Cc5674":bl9d87k8 said:

Davis beat us in 2014, when he was a Ram. He was 17-20 for 155 yards, 2 TDs, 0 picks.

He is efficient. Not sexy, but also not a wild card like Boykin.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Wanted Davis over Boykin. Boykin can sure run, but he had accuracy issues this preseason and tried to force things he doesn't have the skills to force. I always wonder how much of a factor their contribution to the QB room is. Hopefully Davis never sees the field until we have the number one seed locked up and are resting Russell for the playoffs.

Seafan

Reaction score
MrThortan":24cjk4qn said:
Wanted Davis over Boykin. Boykin can sure run, but he had accuracy issues this preseason and tried to force things he doesn't have the skills to force. I always wonder how much of a factor their contribution to the QB room is. Hopefully Davis never sees the field until we have the number one seed locked up and are resting Russell for the playoffs.

My bet would be Davis is better for RW in that QB room than Boykin. Boykin may still be there this season.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":h812vlki said:
Cc5674":h812vlki said:

Davis beat us in 2014, when he was a Ram. He was 17-20 for 155 yards, 2 TDs, 0 picks.

He is efficient. Not sexy, but also not a wild card like Boykin.

Davis might not win us a bunch of games, but he won't lose us many either. Boykin can make some splashy plays and has athleticism (plus we can run the read option) but he'll lose us games with his penchant to stick the ball into places it shouldn't go.

With our roster, I'd rather have Davis. He has more experience and would rather eat a sack than throw a pick. That's what you ask for in a backup.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Boykin was his own worst enemy! Had the spot locked up after the 2nd game then just tried to do too much the last 2 games. He tried forcing things and completely imploded! The interceptions Thursday were terrible and on one he had a player wide open right in front of him but I thought what was really costly for him was taking the sack at the half in fg range with a timeout available. I thought Davis played way smarter and definitely deserved the roster spot. I thought Boykin would get it but definitely thought Davis deserved and glad to see I'm not the only one that remembers him beating us.

Atradees

Reaction score
Good points all....I'm still surprised about the choice. Boykins expression at the end of the last game was worth a thousand words. He knew he had been beaten. Boykin should get a job. He is a beast.

getnasty

Reaction score
While he hasn't looked great Davis has put up decent numbers playing on 2 absolute horrible teams before coming here. I think we would be fine if Russ went down for a couple of games. Sneaky mobility and a good head on his shoulders.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
With as much as Schneider continues mentioning Kaep in his interviews, I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll be a Seahawk at some point sooner or later. Get his price tag down to vet minimum, let him back up and show the league how he can do his thing, and still do his thing.

I know Kaepernick is a divisive subject on .net, but I'm all for him backing up Wilson and would have a lot more faith in our offense with him if (God forbid) Russell went down again.

randomation

Reaction score
I don't want Kaep because I don't want the idiots crying about him not having a job crying about him not starting here. I also don't really think he is that good I would rather have someone who is safe with the football if Russ is sidelined for a few games. If Russ isn't good to go for the playoffs we are done no matter what. Davis is cheaper and safe with the football.

AVL

Reaction score
MrThortan":yv4tougv said:

I'd be okay with him playing the final quarter of many games.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
The difference between starting QBs and backups in the league have become enormous. If anything happened to RW in game, the best we can hope for is Davis comes in and holds any lead we might have. He is a short-term stop gap solution.

I am convinced Kaepernick would be immediately brought in if RW had a serious injury. Kap won't settle for backup $$ and salary issues prevent us from bringing him on to just hold a clipboard.

I seriously hope nothing happens to RW, but if it does, Kap is the best of a lot of bad alternatives.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
randomation":8i5bfb26 said:
I don't want Kaep because I don't want the idiots crying about him not having a job crying about him not starting here. I also don't really think he is that good I would rather have someone who is safe with the football if Russ is sidelined for a few games. If Russ isn't good to go for the playoffs we are done no matter what. Davis is cheaper and safe with the football.
Kaepernick has never thrown more than 10 int's in a season...last year he had 19 TD's and 4 INT's.

Why would he be turnover prone? He seems to me to be a really good game manager with SB and playoff experience, who can use his legs well.