McDowell and the Roster

HawkGA

Reaction score
Do we learn anything regarding Malil with this move to 53 players. He is still on the non-football injury list but does this mean he cannot be reinstated for a certain number of weeks (like the PUP) or can he still be added to the roster at any time?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
NFI works like PUP. He cam come back after 6 weeks but it seems doubtful he plays this year.

Seymour

Reaction score
They are going to attempt to sign Richardson to a long term deal according to Peter King. That does not bode well for Jason ever coming out of the woods to play ball IMO.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Also of he stays on NFI all year his rookie year doesn't count. So next year would be his rookie year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":26i43yzn said:
They are going to attempt to sign Richardson to a long term deal according to Peter King. That does not bode well for Jason ever coming out of the woods to play ball IMO.

Jason? Is that. Friday the 13th reference?

Also... not sure Richardson signing long term is a hindrance to Malik's career here.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1pxnkxt4 said:
Also... not sure Richardson signing long term is a hindrance to Malik's career here.

I second that. The dude is only 26, a team can almost never find a 26-year-old pro-bowl level Dline talent available with the ability to keep club control via the various tags.

On a side note, I don't think he wants to stay in Seattle due to his perception that the Seahawks wanted to low ball him.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/sh ... vlk6hchxng

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3j5fxvls said:
Seymour":3j5fxvls said:

Jason? Is that. Friday the 13th reference?

It's not at all. Malik was drafted in the second round, giving the team a fairly cheap rookie contract.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sdog1981":2z33uqhn said:
Uncle Si":2z33uqhn said:

I second that. The dude is only 26, a team can almost never find a 26-year-old pro-bowl level Dline talent available with the ability to keep club control via the various tags.

On a side note, I don't think he wants to stay in Seattle due to his perception that the Seahawks wanted to low ball him.

Not too worried about that. I'm sure whatever deal is offered Richardson long term will be a good one.

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":1nekcsbp said:
Uncle Si":1nekcsbp said:

Maybe, but we always start low and move up, it's called negotiations, also he was not here and experiencing how things work in Seattle, I don't expect a discount but a new contract and a team where he has fun and is happy could create a bit a flexibility on how his contract is distributed. Bennett, Chancellor, Thomas, Wilson, Sherman all have big contracts and we structure them in a way that doesn't handicap us. I think John will be creative here as well, especially going to next year with a year older and more expensive hits other players.