Report: McDowell may never play again ( more speculation)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
So basically it's from a guy who heard from another guy who heard from a guy...

Will believe it when I see it. Hope it's fake news

chris98251

Reaction score
Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko

Yep another source with a long history of valid reports, Yardbarker enough said.

chris98251

Reaction score
So Pete interview him at the VMAC today and saying this.

Rookie defensive lineman Malik McDowell will regularly be in-and-out with the team as he makes his way back from a vehicular accident. Carroll said they are focused on comfortably getting McDowell back in the building at this time. “We are trying to work him back in with us and just re-connecting and making sure that he has a sense of coming to work and all that kind of stuff and he feels comfortable about that with really no demands on him at this time.”

I would think if he was done they would support the Kid but this statement leaves me to believe he has a recovery process but they see the kid coming back. Mike Friar had a bad accident as well and yes a different era but they stuck with him also till he was back on track with his life with the support of the Seahawks and team mates.

Josea16

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":38bwovth said:
Fudwamper":38bwovth said:
Pure guess work, nothing but speculation.

Pretty good speculation considering all the hush hush around.

It is obviously very seriois.
They have been brutally honest about the silence. It's straight up because his family asked for that and because it's NFI and the NFL and the Seahawks have to comply. So stop with the bullshit please. It's HIPPA.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Really hope his playing career and quality of life are not affected long term as a result of this accident.

mikeak

Reaction score
jdruaint":2oaquf5r said:
https://twitter.com/alexpotts3/status/900906465132662784

This means nothing. He would look like that even with something as serious as head fractures. Likely they just let it heal

If so we will see next year

Foghawk

Reaction score
The whole thing and the way it is being handled by the family / team is odd. Makes one think there are some unusual circumstances involved regarding the injury or the way it was incurred.

chris98251

Reaction score
Could have severe concussion and skull fractures, that would create a bunch of issues and a long recovery, not to mention facial fractures and things to do with his eyes etc. Chances get is not going to play this year are high, will need to recover and then get into football shape if that's the direction he is really going.

themunn

Reaction score
Foghawk":sxhuewob said:
The whole thing and the way it is being handled by the family / team is odd. Makes one think there are some unusual circumstances involved regarding the injury or the way it was incurred.

From the wording of that Pete statement above it sounds as much psychological as physical, particularly given the family are the ones who've said they want to keep it quiet - perhaps there was someone else involved in the accident and McDowell is having trouble dealing with it? It would make a lot of sense, though obviously I hope it's not the case

Followthelegion

Reaction score
That is an angle I've not considered, the possibility of somebody else (friend / family member) being involved seems plausible.

I'm still amazed at the level of secrecy over this...strange that the story has not leaked out by hook or crook.

Pete's statement to me indicates that the injury to Malik could well be psychological and not just physical. Brain injury more severe than just a concussion?

HawkGA

Reaction score
I agree the "he has a sense of coming to work" thing is kinda weird.

Still from the couple of statements, I would say that his career probably isn't done, though it might end up being, but his season almost certainly is . . . if for no other reason than there is just too much benefit for the Seahawks to shelve him if he's not going to be available until late in the season.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
From the tenor of the team's comments and the secrecy surrounding all this, my guess is we're all probably suspecting the same thing, but none of us are too impolite to raise it publicly or say it.

If it is that thing it's definitely the type of thing that can take awhile to diagnose and know the extent of after a trauma.