FB? (Full Back)

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Sorry to ask if it's obvious but do we have one? Do we have a need for one for whatever running game we're going with. Saw Reece was let go and haven't been here lately so threads galore to sift through. Cheers.

Sorry took all of two seconds to see Tre Madden on the depth chart thread. Lock it down or delete.

Edit:
Title edited for clarity.

Seymour

Reaction score
My prediction?

Lacy plays fullback. :idea:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
They might just re-sign Reece in coming weeks, since it saves them money.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tre Madden is on our roster as our sole FB. He is a second year player who spent his first year on the injured reserve list. It wouldn't surprise me if he was often inactive, but we shall have to wait and see.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Tre Madden is the FB for Week 1. His skill set is similar to Derrick Coleman's in that he is a good athlete and solid receiver but a subpar blocker. Marcel Reece can be re-signed in Week 2 without guaranteed money.

Foghawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3vdoqjng said:
Tre Madden is the FB for Week 1. His skill set is similar to Derrick Coleman's in that he is a good athlete and solid receiver but a subpar blocker. Marcel Reece can be re-signed in Week 2 without guaranteed money.

I would be surprised if they don't release Madden and sign Reece next week.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought you were asking if NET had a Facebook page. Apparently I need to catch up on my sleep.

getnasty

Reaction score
I hope Reese is back next week, he was a bright spot at the end of last year and this team can use a quite leader like him on the team.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sound blocking is a significantly undervalued trait for seemingly every position group except WR.

Madden is a RB who is still learning to become a lead blocker.

All three TEs on the roster are receivers first and had to learn to become league-average blockers.

The personnel on the offensive line has been a mess for three years now. I don't expect a lot of consistent blocking from anyone of the roster except Justin Britt.

I guess I just miss the team blocking we used to have in 2012 and 2013. Michael Robinson & Zach Miller were money. And I REALLY miss the blocking from 2005.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3kh94a9h said:
Richardson, and make him block, damn it (belch)

He did score 2 TDs (one as a fullback), at least.
sheldonfatguy.gif

Sheldonscores

Popeyejones

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":6kot7j8j said:
Reece will be back next week, book it.

Absolutely agreed that Reece will replace Madden on the roster, although TBH, I don't really understand the point of it.

Reece is listed as a FB but isn't really one in the traditional sense. Where he really shines is as a receiver out of the backfield, and I think Lacy (very underrated as an outlet back b/c for the past couple years the Packers stopped using him that way as much) and Prosise already provide that.

TL;DR -- In their backfield the Hawks already have what Reece does well, and he doesn't really provide anything as a lead blocker, despite his position.

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3azvwrrp said:
DYLcurry59":3azvwrrp said:

Absolutely agreed that Reece will replace Madden on the roster, although TBH, I don't really understand the point of it.

Reece is listed as a FB but isn't really one in the traditional sense. Where he really shines is as a receiver out of the backfield, and I think Lacy (very underrated as an outlet back b/c for the past couple years the Packers stopped using him that way as much) and Prosise already provide that.

TL;DR -- In their backfield the Hawks already have what Reece does well, and he doesn't really provide anything as a lead blocker, despite his position.

You have not been paying attention, the offense runs way better when he is mixed into the group in the I formation with Rawls.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Popeyejones":29p12x9y said:
DYLcurry59":29p12x9y said:

FYI, Reece's blocking last season was the best the Seahawks have seen at the FB position since Mike Robinson. Releasing him for Week 1 is a salary cap ploy to ensure that his salary is not fully guaranteed.