You were just clutch’: Gee Scott reacts to Kearse Trade

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is a really good story written by Gee Scott. This part made me tear up:

But about five minutes into my drive, sadness took over.

I started to think about where we both were when he joined the Seahawks, and I began to sob.
I mean tears coming down my face. Because despite what my job was when I first met him, Jermaine Kearse never treated me as if I was less-than.

You were just clutch’: Gee Scott reacts to Seahawks’ trade of Jermaine Kearse

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/332381/yo ... ne-kearse/

Seymour

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1sxiobuy said:
Why did I read that smh

Sunday can't come fast enough! Hell, Thursday. Let's go KC!

Ya I don't need to either. Just think how Russell must feel by making Kearse his red zone security blanket. :|

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Seymour":hpvibhyv said:
hgwellz12":hpvibhyv said:
Why did I read that smh

Sunday can't come fast enough! Hell, Thursday. Let's go KC!

Ya I don't need to either. Just think how Russell must feel by making Kearse his red zone security blanket. :|

I was going to make a thread about that but decided not to tempt fate.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2rdud454 said:
Ah man. It hit me over the weekend when I saw his farewell post on Instagram. I think it's the fact that he has a brand spanking new baby. I had to remind myself that Jermaine is rich.

Rich helps. But they're still people.

On the flip side, Jermain accomplished a LOT here, and I hope he sees the story Gee wrote, and understands that the fans, despite curmudgeons like me, still love and appreciate him.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
ivotuk":1nhaa38z said:
hgwellz12":1nhaa38z said:
Ah man. It hit me over the weekend when I saw his farewell post on Instagram. I think it's the fact that he has a brand spanking new baby. I had to remind myself that Jermaine is rich.

Rich helps. But they're still people.

On the flip side, Jermain accomplished a LOT here, and I hope he sees the story Gee wrote, and understands that the fans, despite curmudgeons like me, still love and appreciate him.

No doubt. I wasn't dismissing the 'human' aspect because he's got more money than most. Just that being financially able to supplant yourself from your hometown in a weekend with little notice is alot easier to do when you have money...not to mention I am almost certain Paul Allen gave him some nice "Going Away" perks, the likes of which folks like you and I could only dream of.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Think of it this way, he has more opportunity to prove himself in the league in New York than he likely would've gotten with the Hawks. He can maybe pick up another mini contract there if he makes the most of his reps and playing time.

chris98251

Reaction score
A receiver needs a QB that can throw him the ball to prove anything anywhere, NY doesn't have one that can throw in the towel let alone a football.