#52 Terrance Garvin

Greenhell

Reaction score
Can't say I watched him much during preseason. What do I need to know about him? What's his strengths? Weaknesses? :2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Can't say I have a great read on him, but from what I did see, he seems to be a ball hawk. Always around the ball...if not making or assisting in tackles, always there and ready to pounce.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
I'm assuming he's better than KPL or obviously we wouldn't have traded him. Speaking of KPL, did he make the KC final roster?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":3b6oz5og said:
I'm assuming he's better than KPL or obviously we wouldn't have traded him. Speaking of KPL, did he make the KC final roster?

I haven't noticed his work on special teams, but he's supposedly really good in that area. I'll allow someone else who may have paid better attention to that aspect of this game to speak on that. I would have to see him in some regular season games to say if he's better than KPL or not, but he had a pretty solid preseason IMO

KPL Is currently listed as a backup linebacker on the Chiefs Roster

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
kidhawk":21214nru said:
Greenhell":21214nru said:

I haven't noticed his work on special teams, but he's supposedly really good in that area. I'll allow someone else who may have paid better attention to that aspect of this game to speak on that. I would have to see him in some regular season games to say if he's better than KPL or not, but he had a pretty solid preseason IMO

KPL Is currently listed as a backup linebacker on the Chiefs Roster

:2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
Nobody has a read on him because in 4 years in the NFL he has managed just 1 start.

I don't expect much out of him, but we will see.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seems to have a nose for the ball. Decent speed. Not an overwhelmingly great tackler.
My 0.02$

Weird Garvin thing- during the Chiefs game- I think 3rd quarter- Mahomes threw a pass to a RB in the near flat and I swear I saw Garvin actually duck out of the way of the pass. I did a little searching but couldn't find it...?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'm betting that when he's healthy, we'll see Willhoit getting the starts.

Jville

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":474kkaqn said:
Seems to have a nose for the ball. Decent speed. Not an overwhelmingly great tackler.
My 0.02$

I also thought Garvin left a lot to be desired with his tackling and finish during the preseason. He isn't going to get the three years KPL squandered to learn how to deliver hawk tackles.

He can run and pursue and he does seem to be in the right spot. But, he definitely needs to close the gap between himself and KJ & Wagner with regards to finishing and tackling.

However, the "other linebackers" should grow and improve as they find their fit and settle in for the 2017 campaign.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":23lr9ugd said:
My 0.02$

Weird Garvin thing- during the Chiefs game- I think 3rd quarter- Mahomes threw a pass to a RB in the near flat and I swear I saw Garvin actually duck out of the way of the pass. I did a little searching but couldn't find it...?

I believe that was Frank Clark when he hurt his wrist.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Imo, he's 2014 Bruce Irvin as a 2-down LBer. He might not be as much of a pass-rush threat, yet, (and yet because Clint Hurtt) but it might not matter as he's buoyed by Death Row, especially an elite force inside with Richardson, especially with Wagner and Wright being more polished with such a force in Richardson. Not to mention intriguing talent in both Bass and Smith.

Garvin' s speed is what makes him special and perhaps a pretty good fit for SLB. Just do your job, hold the edge, keep up in coverage when you need to, and more often than not you're going to find yourself in position to make some splashy plays with errant passes, tipped balls, and fumbles.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I doubt we use much base defense against Green Bay. I like Garvin's athletic upside, but he might just be a placeholder if they decide to give Mike Morgan a non-guaranteed contract in Week 2.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
In space he seems to be fine and had a couple of right place right time plays, but I have a lot of concern with him taking on blocks against the run. A lot of the gashes against the first team D were ran right at him and he does not do well with it in the slightest. He was out of position a couple of times, but against the vikes in particular he was getting dominated at the POA.

I think he'll hurt us in that area and will be replaced by Wilhoite soon rather than later or maybe even by Smith if Wilhoite isn't ready.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Might be Rubin's roster spot after this game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Seafan

Reaction score
The Hawks IMO believe they have better LB depth than last season. I also believe that. Garvin, Wilhoite and McDonald give the Hawks a nice mix of talent, experience and flexibility and also solid special team's skills to boot. Special teams hurt the Hawks a lot last year with an inconsistent kicker, snapper and coverage units. I expect the teams will be a real positive just as the improved depth will be a huge positive.