DT Rotation

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm guessing Jones and Reed on 1st down and Bennett and Richardson on obvious pass downs. Or does Richardson just play all three downs and gets spelled by Jones when he needs a break?

T-Hawk

Reaction score
I could definitely be wrong, but I believe Richardson is the every down 3-Tech. Reed and Jones will split time at the 1-Tech. Then passing situations we'd see Avril, Bennett, Clark and Richardson.

mikeak

Reaction score
Someone posted stats showing Richardson as a Top 3 run stopper. So yeah expect a lot more than obvious passing downs

kidhawk

Reaction score
I expect to see Richardson as the main Tackle alongside Reed. Bennett and Avril Bookending the line for the most part. Others will rotate in and out of each postion but I expect to see the top 4 listed here with 50% ish of the snaps

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I believe Pete is on record as saying Richardson is an every down player.

RW92

Reaction score
Yes I can see Sheldon on every down, with Reed and Jones exchanging position depending on score, down and distance. And don't forget Bass. Even though he is a defensive end, he gets great pressure on the QB most times he is in. Sunday is approaching. Can't wait.

Tical21

Reaction score
We only have 3 DT'S on the roster. I expect that to change next week. Since we are playing Green Bay, we are expecting to play nickel most of the game. I'm basically treating it as if Bennett is a starting DT this week alongside Richardson, with Naz and Reed rotating in. I expect to see a good dose of Marcus Smith on the outside and Bass both inside and outside.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Bennett, Avril and Richardson will be every down starters. Clark will be there for the pass rushing downs, while Reed takes over against the run.

The others will also get some snaps though as D line always rotates plenty.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
T-Hawk":1fqnbiev said:
I could definitely be wrong, but I believe Richardson is the every down 3-Tech. Reed and Jones will split time at the 1-Tech. Then passing situations we'd see Avril, Bennett, Clark and Richardson.

This.

Davidess

Reaction score
I Think I remember reading somewhere that Naz is a 3Tech (but could possibly play 1tech) as appose to Reed who is a 1Tech. I could be wrong though and I think the starting lineup will look something like this

Bennett-Reed-Richardson-Avril

and on passing downs

Bennett-Avril-Richardson-Clark

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Davidess":1811hvba said:
I Think I remember reading somewhere that Naz is a 3Tech (but could possibly play 1tech) as appose to Reed who is a 1Tech. I could be wrong though and I think the starting lineup will look something like this

Bennett-Reed-Richardson-Avril

and on passing downs

Bennett-Avril-Richardson-Clark

Avril won't play inside. It would be Avril-Bennett-Richardson-Clark on obvious passing downs with Clark and Avril interchangeable.

The team has had success with Avril and Bennett terrorizing the right side of an offensive line. The idea is/was to push the QB to his left and forcing him to throw across his body resulting in turnovers and passes that were thrown away.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Bennett is too highly paid to be rotated out. He needs to get it done every down and distance same as Richardson.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Where does Dion Jordan fit into all this if he can get fit / off NFI?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Reed/Jones at 1T.

Jones is a natural 3T. So I expect us to add a 1T sometime this season. Jones probably rotates in at 1T with some 3T. Jones can also play the 5 in big packages.

Naz is really versatile. Probably gets a lot of varied positions. Would be best for his development though to focus on rotational 3 and situational 5.

We're light at DT. Figure Richardson/Bennett/Jones to rotate through liberally.

sutz

Reaction score
brimsalabim":4gku14jb said:
Bennett is too highly paid to be rotated out. He needs to get it done every down and distance same as Richardson.
How much he's paid doesn't matter. Won't matter to Pete. He'll play who he thinks is the right guy for the situation. What matters is how they respond in the run/pass splits.

cymatica

Reaction score
How about 6 DL and 5 DB on a zone blitz

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Tical21":1vqj3n1c said:
We only have 3 DT'S on the roster. I expect that to change next week. Since we are playing Green Bay, we are expecting to play nickel most of the game. I'm basically treating it as if Bennett is a starting DT this week alongside Richardson, with Naz and Reed rotating in. I expect to see a good dose of Marcus Smith on the outside and Bass both inside and outside.

What roster move do you forecast?

T-Hawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":vppoilky said:
Tical21":vppoilky said:

What roster move do you forecast?

Rubin's still a free agent, we could bring him back cheaper with a non-guaranteed contract.