Concerned about LB corps

Cc5674

Reaction score
I sure hope KJ's knee is right and holds up. With him and Bobby they have two of the best. None of the others inspire confidence. I guess Kam will be down in the box most the time anyway and Sheldon can help keep blockers off the other less talented LB's. This is one position the team really need to address in next years draft.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
We play nickel the majority of the time, and use a hybrid LB/DE position. It doesn't make a lot of sense to invest big in a linebacker so he can sit on the bench for most of our defensive snaps.

Additionally, did we really know who Wagner and Wright were before they made their mark in Seattle? Just because we don't know a lot about players doesn't mean they can't play good football.

We go through a defensive coordinator about once every two years - sooner or later someone will wise up to the fact that it's actually Carroll who puts together this monster defense. I'm not qualified to second guess him about his LB selections.

Seafan

Reaction score
Wright looked great against KC just a few days after treatment.

The LB group seems much better and deeper than last season.

chris98251

Reaction score
McDougal is going to play a lot, were going to have a Bandit Rush package I think or a dime / Bandit fast package I think and we will see it with TE coverage, watch the GB game I bet we break it out. There is a reason we are bigger and have attitude in our secondary and Coleman is going to be able to handle Cobb.

titan3131

Reaction score
I was way more concerned about the linebackers last year.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think the LB position is the least of our concerns right now with Sheldon on board.. and Wags in the middle.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
We have the best LB in the game paired with one that arguably is in top ten as well just unmentioned. LB isn't a concern on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atradees

Reaction score
I was never a Mike Morgan fan. We got host of new veteran talent this season and we are much deeper.
I almost feel like there was a concerted effort to get to this point. Feels like, if I infur, the FO felt it was the reason we didn't advance with the Thomas injury and such. Draft was dbs, trades dbs, olb vets that are position flexible...Wilhotte, McDonald, McDougal.
Made some preseason noise.

I ALSO hope Wagner holds up. One of the best...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
chris98251":sy2fwg9l said:
McDougal is going to play a lot, were going to have a Bandit Rush package I think or a dime / Bandit fast package I think and we will see it with TE coverage, watch the GB game I bet we break it out. There is a reason we are bigger and have attitude in our secondary and Coleman is going to be able to handle Cobb.
Come Sunday afternoon, our team is going to kick some Puker ass,

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Best MLB in the league, one of the best 4-3 WLB in the league, arguable upgrades at SLB and we are mostly going to play nickel with either Lane or McDougal on the field instead of a third LB.

The only concern on defense is if Shaq holds up as a rookie corner and even if he doesn't we'll have Shead back in a couple weeks anyway.

The real concerns on this team are the O-line and whether the RBs can stay healthy.

Davidess

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1nb7cb1i said:
Best MLB in the league, one of the best 4-3 WLB in the league, arguable upgrades at SLB and we are mostly going to play nickel with either Lane or McDougal on the field instead of a third LB.

The only concern on defense is if Shaq holds up as a rookie corner and even if he doesn't we'll have Shead back in a couple weeks anyway.

The real concerns on this team are the O-line and whether the RBs can stay healthy.

Pete said Shead (also referring to Dion Jordan) "They're a long ways from home yet they are not right around the corner.'' Started the year on PUP and wont be back till week 6 IF that. So if Shaq doesn't work out we will have to play Lane or Coleman (most Likely lane though)

I think Quill will do fine though. He will get targeted like no other though so he will have his opportunities.