Just going to toss this out there...

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I see Dave Damashek thinks the Seahawks are ready for a shake-up "from the head coach on down" so we should go out with a bang this year.

I just want to say that I as a Seahawks fan want Pete Carroll coaching my Seahawks for as long as Pete Carroll wants to be a head coach at the NFL level.

I don't care about the record this year, or for the next however many years he wants to coach. What Carroll has done to date is enough for him to secure my faith in him to produce a quality on-field product for us to enjoy.

If it brings Super Bowl trophies in the future, then fantastic, but all this fan ever wanted was for the Seahawks to be a respected franchise that is a perennial contender, and Carroll has delivered that.

Just going to the Super Bowl takes luck regardless of how good a team is. A lesser team with a soft schedule might be handed Home Field or the NFL gives us back-to-back cross-country 10 am games.

Winning the Super Bowl takes even more. You might get XL's referees, or you might be down to your 5th-string nickel corner or safety because of injuries.

So I will take respect. I will take other teams fans looking at their schedule and predicting a loss when they face us, and I will enjoy it.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I think it's unlikely Pete stays for the entirety of Wilson's career. I hope Gruden is waiting to take over.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I saw that post and it stuck out like a sore thumb in a unicorn uniform.
I too want "Bubble Yum Torturer Pete" as the head of this squadron for as long as he sees fit. Unless he goes all senile and starts dismantling the core and philosophy of the team. Don't see that happening, so, I'm a happy camper!

hgwellz12

Reaction score
Crizilla":2gu548n0 said:
I think it's unlikely Pete stays for the entirety of Wilson's career. I hope Gruden is waiting to take over.

Well I have absolutely no faith he'll be here that long. As for Gruden? Meh...maybe a few years ago I was with it, but he's not likely to still have the 'heart' to coach by the time Pete decides to hang up the clipboard, IMHO. I could be VERY wrong tho. But we'll cross that bridge at least 4 or 5 years from now I'm guessing.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I have been 100% all in. So many positives against a few negatives. That is a winning formula.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
They'd be out of their mind to fire the only coach to win a superbowl.

Can't wait for the season to start so silly articles/bloggers can be quiet

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Yes, fire the coach that took the team to two Super Bowls, won one, has made you a constant playoff contender and has constructed one of the best Defenses in the league. I think New England should do that as well, too really shake it up ya know? No one would ever see it coming!

It has been said already, but Damashek is an idiot.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Dumb. When initially hired was completely skeptical with the NCAA stuff lingering. But having has been nothing short of amazing. The enthusiasm, passion, love of his guys is inspiring/motivating. Love his approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Pete is going nowhere... not until he wants to call it quits.

This team is poised to make a 2012/2013 type of run... I feel it.

No distractions... everybody on board.

Have fun... win... one game at a time.

Atradees

Reaction score
I thought it was a weird post...
All these rave reviews about how we will win the division....
And then that.

<Subliminal Message: Get an oline and win many superbowls.>

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Never heard of the guy. Sounds like a guy looking for 15 minutes of fame.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
hgwellz12":39vm6qxw said:
Crizilla":39vm6qxw said:

Well I have absolutely no faith he'll be here that long. As for Gruden? Meh...maybe a few years ago I was with it, but he's not likely to still have the 'heart' to coach by the time Pete decides to hang up the clipboard, IMHO. I could be VERY wrong tho. But we'll cross that bridge at least 4 or 5 years from now I'm guessing.

He doesn't have the heart to coach? The guy does nothing but eat and breathe football.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Pete won't be there in 10 years, maybe already in 5. What makes anyone think he won't be there next year though?

Davidess

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":do3ep4lv said:
Pete is going nowhere... not until he wants to call it quits.

This team is poised to make a 2012/2013 type of run... I feel it.

No distractions... everybody on board.

Have fun... win... one game at a time.

I personally hope its more like the 2013-2014 season.
I really don't want to lose to the falcons again.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":iv0kx2h3 said:
hgwellz12":iv0kx2h3 said:
Crizilla":iv0kx2h3 said:

He doesn't have the heart to coach? The guy does nothing but eat and breathe football.

Except coaching an actual team, and all of the rigors of the current NFL landscape is a totally different animal. Now, if Pete decides to bring him in as coordinator to ease him back into the game in a meaningful capacity to be his successor and his 'passion' is evident then I'm all for it. I'm just speculating as to what his current mindframe is and would be ecstatic to be proven wrong. I just feel like I read/heard that he's not actively pursuing a head coaching gig in the league. But, again, by all means he IS the guy I see as the best fit for our Hawks if his mind, body and soul is 100. And hell, he might even kick Tom Cable outta town...and The Bevell. In which case Bring it on, Chuckie! :irishdrinkers:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Lots of great coaches coach into their seventies. PC is in great shape--been an athlete all his life. The guy who wrote that needs to FOR REAL PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE. He's probably secretly a Niners fan.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
To get fired I think Carroll would have to have three or four losing seasons in a row with the last one bottoming out at 4-12 or worse.

I think we can pretty safely project out three years that the Seahawks won't have a losing season, meaning that (assuming all my assumptions are accurate :lol: ) we're seven years away at the earliest from Carroll being fired.

Long story short, I think Carroll will be the Seahawks coach for as long as he wants to be.