Doug Baldwin says re: CB Shaq Griffiin

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Just saw this -- quite a statement for Doug Baldwin to make about rookie CB Shaq Griffin ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/905883672838098944[/tweet]

-The Glove-

Reaction score
What Sherman said about him is all I needed to hear to have high hopes for him. I don't believe Sherman ever praised a new DB like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

cymatica

Reaction score
-The Glove-":24lf9244 said:
What Sherman said about him is all I needed to hear to have high hopes for him. I don't believe Sherman ever praised a new DB like that

Thurmond?

mikeak

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2k2sobv3 said:

Besides Simon?

KPA

Reaction score
I think Sherman had high praise for Tharold Simon as well for what it's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GLio14

Reaction score
KPA":210zusty said:
I think Sherman had high praise for Tharold Simon as well for what it's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In Simon's defense, I think he had the potential, but he never stayed healthy.

Smellyman

Reaction score
The Quote:

"He's an incredible athlete," Sherman said earlier this week, via the team's official website. "He's going to be a great ball player. I continue to stand by what I've always said: he's going to be better than me by the time it's all said and done.

Seymour

Reaction score
-The Glove-":36rzcjru said:

Except for Tharold Simon numerous times so his record is not all that good.

Hopefully this one is right.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":26tzofxk said:
Just saw this -- quite a statement for Doug Baldwin to make about rookie CB Shaq Griffin ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/905883672838098944[/tweet]

Doug had similar praise for Chris Carson. Here's hoping on both counts.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
cymatica":2psa55ew said:
-The Glove-":2psa55ew said:

Thurmond?

I'm fairly sure Thurmond was on the Seahawks a year before Sherman.

cymatica

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2w58bfmr said:
cymatica":2w58bfmr said:
-The Glove-":2w58bfmr said:

Thurmond?

I'm fairly sure Thurmond was on the Seahawks a year before Sherman.

Yeah I was thinking Tharold and my fingers typed Thurmond

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't know whose public praise means less to me, Cable's or Sherman's.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Sherman also said that in Simon's third year. Obviously his ability to play the game doesn't translate to his ability to identify talent. Guessing he won't be a candidate for player personnel when his days are done. Also guessing he'll have better opportunities than working in the NFL after he hangs them up too.

I think what's important is how Griffin has drawn this kind of praise from multiple sources. Not just on this team either. So I'm more inclined to think there is something to this cat than Sherman's opinion.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I hope Doug's right, cause we REALLY need Shaq to hold down that other CB position, or else Rodgers and every QB we play are going to destroy him.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I expect that Griffin will be abused for the first two months. He'll get a similar treatment to Browner and Sherman when they both came up. He'll get ticky tack DPI/Hold calls that will drive us nuts. He'll allow completions in front of him and seemingly be a first down magnet. It'll take time before his confidence and experience allows him to take chances and play the ball when the opportunity arises. I expect the speed of the game is going to make him hesitant and conservative until he gets that comfort level.

But I expect him to settle into the position by Thanksgiving. And by the playoffs be considered a quality CB in the mold of Maxwell in his prime here.

I don't think it'll take more than this regular season. But there will be pains in the first 10 weeks of the season. I'm just looking for flashes of quality in these first 8 weeks. Anything more is unrealistic and unfair. Even CBs in the top 10 get abused early.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Hoping people don't confuse this with "we will be expecting him to play soon like a 10 year veteran". He's a rook, there are going to be growing pains/learning opportunities.

chris98251

Reaction score
He will have help over the top and we will cheat a little underneath with a LB or the slot guy. After all we Survived Cary Williams.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1iwyi0bu said:
I expect that Griffin will be abused for the first two months. He'll get a similar treatment to Browner and Sherman when they both came up. He'll get ticky tack DPI/Hold calls that will drive us nuts. He'll allow completions in front of him and seemingly be a first down magnet. It'll take time before his confidence and experience allows him to take chances and play the ball when the opportunity arises. I expect the speed of the game is going to make him hesitant and conservative until he gets that comfort level.

But I expect him to settle into the position by Thanksgiving. And by the playoffs be considered a quality CB in the mold of Maxwell in his prime here.

I don't think it'll take more than this regular season. But there will be pains in the first 10 weeks of the season. I'm just looking for flashes of quality in these first 8 weeks. Anything more is unrealistic and unfair. Even CBs in the top 10 get abused early.

One of the things I really remember is Shawn Springs getting absolutely toasted in his first game (against the Jets, I believe). It's gonna take some time.