Youtube TV

crucifyd

Reaction score
anybody trying youtube TV for watching the Hawks?

so far it says today's game is "Unavailable" and looking at next weeks game it also says "Unavailable"...
every game after next week says "TBD"

the Hawks are the only reason I got this...so far it looks like I might be looking for another option...

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
crucifyd":mchgsj11 said:

so far it says today's game is "Unavailable" and looking at next weeks game it also says "Unavailable"...

the Hawks are the only reason I got this...so far it looks like I might be looking for another option...

Im using Hulu live TV. You can watch the games as long as youre not using your phone to stream. I believe theyre blacked out on phones because of the NFL mobile contract with Verizon.

I have the app loaded on an amazon fire box. Works perfectly.

RockHawk

Reaction score
The reason is that the Fox stream for Youtube TV isn't the local Q13 Fox Seattle station, but a national Fox station feed which does not include any local content. I found this out during the preseason and was a bit miffed. The new Hulu Live TV option has the Q13 Fox stream, as does DirectTV now and PlaystationVUE however those choices don't have all of the other local Seattle CBS, NBC, and ABC stations. I've personally settled on Hulu since it has Q13, Kiro (CBS), NBC, and ESPN so all of the local football broadcasts are covered. NFL Network games are a different story.

The only annoying thing I found from yesterday about Hulu's live TV is that the Q13 stream was 2-3 minutes slower than real time, which made following it here or on twitter nearly impossible. Hopefully they get that faster to where the other providers are (about 15-25 seconds slower than real-time)

JGreen79

Reaction score
RockHawk":1df46ywv said:
The reason is that the Fox stream for Youtube TV isn't the local Q13 Fox Seattle station, but a national Fox station feed which does not include any local content. I found this out during the preseason and was a bit miffed. The new Hulu Live TV option has the Q13 Fox stream, as does DirectTV now and PlaystationVUE however those choices don't have all of the other local Seattle CBS, NBC, and ABC stations. I've personally settled on Hulu since it has Q13, Kiro (CBS), NBC, and ESPN so all of the local football broadcasts are covered. NFL Network games are a different story.

The only annoying thing I found from yesterday about Hulu's live TV is that the Q13 stream was 2-3 minutes slower than real time, which made following it here or on twitter nearly impossible. Hopefully they get that faster to where the other providers are (about 15-25 seconds slower than real-time)

I watched the game on foxsportsgo. As long as its shown on the local fox channel I can get the game that way.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":15snzbc6 said:
crucifyd":15snzbc6 said:

Im using Hulu live TV. You can watch the games as long as youre not using your phone to stream. I believe theyre blacked out on phones because of the NFL mobile contract with Verizon.

I have the app loaded on an amazon fire box. Works perfectly.

So you actually got it to work? I was using the HULU LIVE TV on Xbox One and on FOX it took me to a Soccer Match Not NFL Football. So it was useless to me. I had to use my NFL Gamepass subscription.

OP
OP
crucifyd

crucifyd

Reaction score
on Youtube TV I have it set to record all Seahawks games. the GB game was not available live but I looked yesterday and it was listed as "recorded" so I thought I would watch it.

I hit play and, expecting Russel Wilson and company, I got ... soccer