Russell Wilson: 11/21

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He's had some miscues, but this line is legendarily bad. Not sure how much blame you could place squarely on Russ.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
He's running for his life every snap. Put the blame where it belongs.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Pete, John, & Cable scheme to staff our offensive line out of rejects and castoff's is pathetic.

Seafan

Reaction score
His fumble killed any chance but he and Bev looked great in the 1 minute offense. Bev should have abandoned the running game A LOT earlier. Lacy needs to be used in the 4th quarter when the Hawks have a big lead only.

RW fumbling killed the game but the refs really screwed the pooch. No way Bev should have been calling a pass play where Russ fumbled so I put a lot of blame on him.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Vpk0718":1tlk1bgj said:
That's not really true. Have some perspective. RW's jersey was A LOT cleaner than Rodgers today.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I expected better from Wilson.
Sure Packers know you but you know them after 6 years.
Still slow to the line.
Not changing your cadence.
Wheres the rhythm passes you were working on.
And a fumble on your 5 yd line.
Looked shellshocked.
:? :(

Cc5674

Reaction score
The throw it up and pray offense has a low completion percentage. I saw so many essential pop fly throws he made in the preseason that worked out because the receiver was wide open or won the 50-50 balls. I was wondering if that would work in the regular season especially in the red zone. To Wilson's credit he had someone in his back pocket as soon as the ball is snapped. Some bad officiating but don't think you're going to get many Packer fans sympathy in light of the history of questionable calls going against GB in Seattle. Things have a way of evening up. Today Green Bay was the most physical and better prepared team. Niner week is here. Time to take out the frustration of today's loss on them. :shock:

Anthony!

Reaction score
RW was having someone in or near his face on nearly every play, Rodgers also had some issues but not as much as Wilson. Add to that GB made adjustments and went to the quick attack. We only did it twice and guess what we scored. The reality is our oline is crap and our OC refuses to use the quick, uptempo offense that worked so well in the 2nd half of 2105. Rws fumble sucked but relook at the play the pressures was there almost right away and he had no place to go. I mean even the announcers during and after were saying Rw was under pressure all game. SO you can expect more all you want, but you need time to pass and pass plays that either give you time or are quick and we did not get much of either today and that is on Bevell and our Oline. Well that and some incredibly bad calls OMG.

randomation

Reaction score
He has an ever worse line than last year. Green Bay does not have a good D Russ is going to die when we play the Rams unless we fix something fast. Since Tom Cable is our Oline coach I'm not holding my breath on that happening.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Russ doesn't have the same level of pocket manipulation as Rodgers, but who does? It's ridiculous to expect even a top 10 QB to work with that. Look at Cousins, dude was under siege to a lesser degree but he did way worse than Russ in terms of throwing picks and getting strip sacked.

hawk45

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1wpajuql said:
Vpk0718":1wpajuql said:
That's not really true. Have some perspective. RW's jersey was A LOT cleaner than Rodgers today.

Not saying Russ is Rodgers in the pocket but multiple times today there were rushers not even being slowed down getting through to Russ. Opening drive I think and def that 2 in a row with Joeckel and glowinski.

Rodgers was under fire all day but he held the ball his share of times. I don't recall free or nearly free rushers on him.

Since I don't expect Russ to be Rodgers the answer is better blocking.

Anthony!

Reaction score
According to the stats Rodgers was under siege 24 of his 42 att that is 57% and he had 18 attempt snot under siege. Rw was under siege 19 of his 27 attempts for 70% and only 8 no under siege. There you have it

mrt144

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2csnjdkf said:
Vpk0718":2csnjdkf said:

Some of the incompletes were RW throwing it away and avoiding taking a sack, something that is a positive overall. He might have been cleaner but the Oline was a net detriment to the team today.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The one miss that was problematic was when Lockett (or maybe Richardson) had 3 steps on his defensive pursuer and Russ overthrew him by 5 yards. That was a sure-fire touchdown.
Jimmy didn't do him any favors with the one drop in the end zone (not the PI non-call) and the drop along the left sideline that would have netted a first down. Not knocking Jimmy. He'll get better.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Anthony!":d9b5e044 said:
According to the stats Rodgers was under siege 24 of his 42 att that is 57% and he had 18 attempt snot under siege. Rw was under siege 19 of his 27 attempts for 70% and only 8 no under siege. There you have it

What stats??? PFF had him under pressure on 39.4% of his passing snaps.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/r ... eahawks-9/

Also, even when Rodgers is under siege, the packers still find ways to make plays... wonder what's missing in our offense.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":122b2ulh said:
The one miss that was problematic was when Lockett (or maybe Richardson) had 3 steps on his defensive pursuer and Russ overthrew him by 5 yards. That was a sure-fire touchdown.
Jimmy didn't do him any favors with the one drop in the end zone (not the PI non-call) and the drop along the left sideline that would have netted a first down. Not knocking Jimmy. He'll get better.

Agreed but RW had no choice but to throw it when he did he was about to get hit and actually got hit as he let it go. The Graham drop was bad