Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Refs took 2 tds off the board

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Refs took 2 tds off the board
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:32 pm
  • The naz jones pick 6. And a should be first and goal on the 1.

Good job nfl you made sure ur golden boy starts 1 and 0
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Re: Refs took 2 tds off the board
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:47 pm
  • Lambeau tax is up to 11 points this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mort
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:35 pm
  • Quit your whining. Packers outplayed Hawks today. Whining about officiating is for losers!
    Cc5674
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:37 pm
  • gowazzu02 wrote:The naz jones pick 6. And a should be first and goal on the 1.

And with our OL that TD from the 1 was guaranteed? I'd say the chances at a TD were 50-50 at best.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:38 pm
  • Cc5674 wrote:Quit your whining. Packers outplayed Hawks today. Whining about officiating is for losers!

Not really
    And it's royal coming from a fan base that's been butt hurt about a call for what 4 years now
    hburn21
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:39 pm
  • I know that push in the back on Avril was a ticky-tack call, but he needs to be smarter than that. First of all, it's Aaron Rodgers. Did Avril really think he was a threat to make the tackle? Also, NEVER touch the quarterback when he doesn't have the ball. Quarterbacks are coddled in this league, and Rodgers gets it more than anyone. It's ridiculous, yes, but Avril should know better.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:45 pm
  • Hawks got screwed on numerous calls today, no doubt about it, but no Hawk fan can place the blame on that when the O line is as bad as it was today. Todays performance by the O line has to be one of the worst displays of blocking in NFL history. It was truly pathetic. Guards were getting beat in the first 1 yard and olaying D lineman right up the gut. WTF?? Luke Joke ell. I spelled his last name the way he played today. PATHETIC.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

Re:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:46 pm
  • Rat wrote:I know that push in the back on Avril was a ticky-tack call, but he needs to be smarter than that. First of all, it's Aaron Rodgers. Did Avril really think he was a threat to make the tackle? Also, NEVER touch the quarterback when he doesn't have the ball. Quarterbacks are coddled in this league, and Rodgers gets it more than anyone. It's ridiculous, yes, but Avril should know better.

Yep, I called it out loud while it was happening live.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:46 am
  • So, pointing out something that is flat out true, and backed by the announcers is Whining? Um........ok
    To act like the refs didn't have an impact is just burying your head in the sand. It's NOT why they lost, but it was a huge factor.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:49 am
  • :sarcasm_on:
    Bottom line, it comes down to money. IMO-The Packers just paid the Refs off, maybe prior to the next Packers game we need to pass the hat among us 12's and up our anti?
    :sarcasm_off:
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Re: Re:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:18 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Rat wrote:I know that push in the back on Avril was a ticky-tack call, but he needs to be smarter than that. First of all, it's Aaron Rodgers. Did Avril really think he was a threat to make the tackle? Also, NEVER touch the quarterback when he doesn't have the ball. Quarterbacks are coddled in this league, and Rodgers gets it more than anyone. It's ridiculous, yes, but Avril should know better.

Yep, I called it out loud while it was happening live.

I did as well but I would say the replay shows him hitting the shoulder from the side
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:20 am
  • massari
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:23 am
  • Ah yes, the semi-annual "we can't complain about the refs because of........" response.

We get it. The o-line stinks.

The refs stinking too and making it even more of an uphill battle is still a fact regardless of how bad our oline played.

The OP said that points were taken off the board. At least 1 TD and probably 2 were. Factual. Those points change the game. Factual.

Why should we have to battle a crappy oline AND biased officiating?

I see no problem in being frustrated by that fact, even if we all knew Erin and the lordly blessed Lambeau would be worth at least 10 points no matter what.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:49 am
  • When Naz intercepted Rodgers and ran it back for a TD, that referee looked pissed!

He threw his flag down like a little boy having a tantrum, and I think he came up with the penalties after the flag was on the ground.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:52 am
  • So according to Packer fans, we can't have concerns about officiating due to the 'Fail Mary' how many years ago....

By this logic the next time we play the Jets, and say we get multiple bad calls in our favor, and win the game. When they start complaining about it, we can just go:

Testerverde, 1998. So shut up. :lol: NFL fans man.... they ain't rational. :lol:
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:53 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:The naz jones pick 6. And a should be first and goal on the 1.

By my calculations. First and goal from the 1 =3 points with this offense.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:10 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:The naz jones pick 6. And a should be first and goal on the 1.

By my calculations. First and goal from the 1 =3 points with this offense.

We will never know...........
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:12 pm

The block in the back by Avril even though was ticky tack, was the right call.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:36 pm
  • It is not a foregone conclusion that they would have scored a TD even with 1st and goal from the 1. The OL and entire offense was playing so badly that it seems just as likely that they don't get in and kick a FG
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:49 pm
  • It's silly to argue about details when most of us can agree the calls made an impact on the outcome. It's over at this point so just be thankful that this occurred in a week 1 road game instead of in the playoffs or the Super Bowl.

The only reason why this is worth considering is for those who would be feeling differently about our conservative offense if we came away with a W. This is completely a moot point for the group of fans who would have been happier with a 20-17 halftime lead.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:48 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:

No, it wasn't.

uploadfromtaptalk1505166498521.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1505166498521.jpg (81.05 KiB) Viewed 428 times
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:03 pm
  • bigtrain21 wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:

No, it wasn't.

AND Mic Dropped.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:10 pm
  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:

No, it wasn't.

AND Mic Dropped.

its a ticky tack penalty, but in the end it was a penalty and Cliff didn't even need to touch him.

Far from a mic drop, but feel free to continue with the attempt to sound like you know what you are talking about.

Ya know, like this thread for instance.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138594

Hmmmmmm although a judgment call where most QB's don't get the benefit, but in Lambeau against Erin and the Packers this is a penalty every time.

"MIC DROP"

Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm
  • Mic Drop? um.......no. Ticky tack crap, to go along with the non punch. And to go along w/Graham being gang banged in the end zone. No call on that either :roll:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:32 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Mic Drop? um.......no. Ticky tack crap, to go along with the non punch. And to go along w/Graham being gang banged in the end zone. No call on that either :roll:

Exactly. If Russ threw the pick and had this happen by a Packer D Lineman this doesn't get called
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:35 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:

No, it wasn't.

AND Mic Dropped.

its a ticky tack penalty, but in the end it was a penalty and Cliff didn't even need to touch him.

Far from a mic drop, but feel free to continue with the attempt to sound like you know what you are talking about.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138594

Hmmmmmm although a judgment call where most QB's don't get the benefit, but in Lambeau against Erin and the Packers this is a penalty every time.

"MIC DROP"

I don't know about you dropping a mic when an ex head of officiating and both anti hawk announcers also called it a bad call.

It was a bad call.

And

Avril should have never touched Erin.

Having said that, the Packers outplayed us and did deserve the win, however screwed up it came.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:46 pm
  • johnnyfever wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    No, it wasn't.

AND Mic Dropped.

"MIC DROP"

I don't know about you dropping a mic when an ex head of officiating and both anti hawk announcers also called it a bad call.

It was a bad call.

And

Having said that, the Packers outplayed us and did deserve the win, however screwed up it came.

Did I say it was a good call? No
    Did I say it was a ticky tack call? Yes

Its no secret that Erin gets the "Michael Jordan" treatment by the league.

Can you read? If so, read the whole thread and then respond about why I used the "Mic drop" reference.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:47 pm
  • He initiated contact at the shoulder. It was absolutely not a block on the back. Whether his hands went down his back after he made contact is irrelevant. It is where contact is initiated. There was no force applied to his back. It was to his side.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:49 pm
  • On the video replay I saw, it looked like his jersey came down a bit in the back and showed his shoulder pads.

This is probably what the official saw and flagged Avril for it. We can sit here and slice and dice this call for another 6 days, but in the end Avril should have just let Erin mosey on by.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:49 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:

AND Mic Dropped.

"MIC DROP"

It was a bad call.

And

Can you read? If so, read the whole thread and then respond about why I used the "Mic drop" reference.

A call is not ticky tack if it never should have existed in the first place.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:52 pm
  • Ya ok... File a complaint with the NFL. :irishdrinkers:
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:54 pm
  • bigtrain21 wrote:He initiated contact at the shoulder. It was absolutely not a block on the back. Whether his hands went down his back after he made contact is irrelevant. It is where contact is initiated. There was no force applied to his back. It was to his side.

Right hand hits his shoulder - agree 100%

left hand hits his back - is it a penalty - not really but I am telling you the same guy that doles out tackling penalties for imaginary hits can surely justify that call. It is a bad call but they can justify it

Punch - no that was totally wrong
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:17 pm
  • Dont think most saw it but lockett was hooked at the waste on his cut back when he got wide open.. likely the reason it was overthrown.. so potentially 3...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:23 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:

AND Mic Dropped.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138594

"MIC DROP"

It was a bad call.

And

Yes, I can read, the question is can you comprehend.

I responded to specifically you AFTER I read the other threads because yours struck me as arrogant in a dunning Kruger sort of way.

It wasn't ticky tack, it was wrong as stated by both the commentators and both ex head officials.

And

Your points, being that they were wrong, did not constitute a "mic drop"

I realize you were trying to be clever, but you were anything but.

I'm sure you'll have another retort, but it will probably be just a rehash of your incorrect opinions, so go ahead and get it out of your system, I'm going back to the topic now.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:43 pm
  • johnnyfever wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:

"MIC DROP"

It was a bad call.

And

Yes, I can read, the question is can you comprehend.

I responded to specifically you AFTER I read the other threads because yours struck me as arrogant in a dunning Kruger sort of way.

It wasn't ticky tack, it was wrong as stated by both the commentators and both ex head officials.

And

Your points, being that they were wrong, did not constitute a "mic drop"

I realize you were trying to be clever, but you were anything but.

I'm sure you'll have another retort, but it will probably be just a rehash of your incorrect opinions, so go ahead and get it out of your system, I'm going back to the topic now.

Again, are you sure you can read correctly? I was responding to being quoted with a "mic drop".

Anyways yes back to the topic, move along now Im done wasting my time with you. :2thumbs:
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information