Here we list Tom Cables accomplishments

Crizilla

Reaction score
Winning SB48 doesn't count. O-Line was rated 27th by profootballfocus. We won that year because of Russ, the defense and of course Lynch.

Go ahead.

ducks41468

Reaction score
There was that one play that one time where one of our linemen didn't give up a sack or commit a penalty. In like 2013 I think it was.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Hawkfish":88d1ie9j said:
HOW DOES THIS GUY EVEN HAVE A JOB?

Perhaps ...

Rat":88d1ie9j said:
He socked that one dude pretty good in the face.

Would you want to fire him?

Seriously, I don't know to what extent Cable is the problem versus being put in an impossible position, but our coaching / management as a whole has simply failed at solving what's been a problem that is continuously getting worse.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
The integration of poor pass blocking with RW's improvisational play-style.

Cable's genius zone blocking schemes provide the ridiculously porous pass blocking necessary for RW to escape and scramble... providing us his "rabbit out of the hat" plays we have come to love.

This makes our offense more dynamic and utterly unpredictable... to anyone.

Without Cable's tutelage of the Oline, RW would have to sit in a clean pocket all day where he is simply too short to see.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I keep asking this question: "How come other teams produce "decent" Olines with a small budget?

I realize we had the lowest paid line at one time, but I don't think that's true now is it?

Although. "Defenses are usually ahead of Offenses early in the year" Troy Aikman.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
It's as if Tom Cable literally just picks guys, goes "hmm this guy would look good here, ok we're ready!". Year after year this guy proves to us he doesn't know what he's doing. Big Balls Pete....it's your move, sir.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm utterly without hope for Pete on the issue of cable. None at all. We will never get the line fixed as long as cable is here and Pete is sickeningly blind to it.
And because Pete is awesome at everything else we will never draft high enough to score a sure thing tackle.
Also well done not playing Pocic cable you tool.

KPA

Reaction score
Cable will become the Seahawks Head Coach next year after Pete Carroll retires... If this actually comes true, I can't wait for the North Korean War to start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Unfortunately we will never really know how good Cable is. Are the struggles on Cable or the front office for not getting better players. He is here to stay for now, but I'd have no problem with us movingly on from him after this season. At some point JS and PC need to get some quality offensive linemen.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hey! That's my Assistant Head Coach you are talking about. He got promoted that is enough.

2192148024 688d0eb741 o

In all seriousness it is surprising that there isn't at least 1 defender of Cable from a .NET member. There is usually at least one for everyone on the team.

mrt144

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":27ya2cep said:
Unfortunately we will never really know how good Cable is. Are the struggles on Cable or the front office for not getting better players. He is here to stay for now, but I'd have no problem with us movingly on from him after this season. At some point JS and PC need to get some quality offensive linemen.

Ifedi shouldn't be this bad unless Cable and JS really are so in the dark about Cable's coaching abilities.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Remember when he said that college Linemen were not properly trained and he picked guys from the streets who used to play soccer (or was it Field Hockey or Cricket :) ) and tried to turn them into O-Linemen?

I asked the question earlier if our Failure on the O-Line was due to bad talent of bad coaching (or maybe bad scouting)...
Something drastic needs to happen soon.
When i see how much time Rodgers had back there and how much time Russ is given ... it is really unfair.

djb28

Reaction score
Cable on draft day. "Hold my beer"
Cable in training camp. "Hold my beer!"
Cable in pre season. "hold my.." you get the point.