Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Here we list Tom Cables accomplishments

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Here we list Tom Cables accomplishments
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:34 pm
  • Winning SB48 doesn't count. O-Line was rated 27th by profootballfocus. We won that year because of Russ, the defense and of course Lynch.

Go ahead.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Incredibly adept at impersonating a coach
    quadsas
    NET Rookie

• HOW DOES THIS GUY EVEN HAVE A JOB?
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• He socked that one dude pretty good in the face.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Absorbs a lot of coaching budget dollars.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• There was that one play that one time where one of our linemen didn't give up a sack or commit a penalty. In like 2013 I think it was.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie

• His SB credit has to be gone now...
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfish wrote:HOW DOES THIS GUY EVEN HAVE A JOB?

Perhaps ...

Rat wrote:He socked that one dude pretty good in the face.

Would you want to fire him?

Seriously, I don't know to what extent Cable is the problem versus being put in an impossible position, but our coaching / management as a whole has simply failed at solving what's been a problem that is continuously getting worse.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad

• The integration of poor pass blocking with RW's improvisational play-style.

Cable's genius zone blocking schemes provide the ridiculously porous pass blocking necessary for RW to escape and scramble... providing us his "rabbit out of the hat" plays we have come to love.

This makes our offense more dynamic and utterly unpredictable... to anyone.

Without Cable's tutelage of the Oline, RW would have to sit in a clean pocket all day where he is simply too short to see.
    Last edited by SHOCKER315 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SHOCKER315
    NET Veteran

• I keep asking this question: "How come other teams produce "decent" Olines with a small budget?

I realize we had the lowest paid line at one time, but I don't think that's true now is it?

Although. "Defenses are usually ahead of Offenses early in the year" Troy Aikman.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• It's as if Tom Cable literally just picks guys, goes "hmm this guy would look good here, ok we're ready!". Year after year this guy proves to us he doesn't know what he's doing. Big Balls Pete....it's your move, sir.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• I'm utterly without hope for Pete on the issue of cable. None at all. We will never get the line fixed as long as cable is here and Pete is sickeningly blind to it.
    And because Pete is awesome at everything else we will never draft high enough to score a sure thing tackle.
    Also well done not playing Pocic cable you tool.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Cable will become the Seahawks Head Coach next year after Pete Carroll retires... If this actually comes true, I can't wait for the North Korean War to start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    90% Disabled Veteran
    100% Love for the USA!
    KPA
    NET Starter

• Unfortunately we will never really know how good Cable is. Are the struggles on Cable or the front office for not getting better players. He is here to stay for now, but I'd have no problem with us movingly on from him after this season. At some point JS and PC need to get some quality offensive linemen.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy wrote:Image

Post of the year
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Hey! That's my Assistant Head Coach you are talking about. He got promoted that is enough.

In all seriousness it is surprising that there isn't at least 1 defender of Cable from a .NET member. There is usually at least one for everyone on the team.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Unfortunately we will never really know how good Cable is. Are the struggles on Cable or the front office for not getting better players. He is here to stay for now, but I'd have no problem with us movingly on from him after this season. At some point JS and PC need to get some quality offensive linemen.

Ifedi shouldn't be this bad unless Cable and JS really are so in the dark about Cable's coaching abilities.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• Remember when he said that college Linemen were not properly trained and he picked guys from the streets who used to play soccer (or was it Field Hockey or Cricket :) ) and tried to turn them into O-Linemen?

I asked the question earlier if our Failure on the O-Line was due to bad talent of bad coaching (or maybe bad scouting)...
    Something drastic needs to happen soon.
    When i see how much time Rodgers had back there and how much time Russ is given ... it is really unfair.
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• Cable on draft day. "Hold my beer"
    Cable in training camp. "Hold my beer!"
    Cable in pre season. "hold my.." you get the point.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• joeseahawks wrote:Remember when he said that college Linemen were not properly trained and he picked guys from the streets who used to play soccer (or was it Field Hockey or Cricket :) ) and tried to turn them into O-Linemen?

I asked the question earlier if our Failure on the O-Line was due to bad talent of bad coaching (or maybe bad scouting)...
    When i see how much time Rodgers had back there and how much time Russ is given ... it is really unfair.

I think our D line did a great job today. Sheldon Richardson really does improve that D line vastly. The problem is that even with that pressure, Rodger's O line is competent enough to make pressure less completely disastrous.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• I've always thought Tom Cable's "Zone blocking scheme" does not work well. Every year the Hawks draft guys to "fit" this scheme. But, I've always thought, instead of having a scheme where you need certain players that fit that scheme, wouldn't it be better to have a scheme where the talent pool and players you seek are more plentiful?

Tom Cable has said college lineman aren't NFL ready. Well, if that's true, how are other teams able to build good lines and Cable is incapable of doing so? All those other teams have the same pool of players coming from college their drafting. But they seem to be doing a better job of putting a line together. It's gotta be this "Zone blocking scheme" maybe it is outdated, cause it seems darn hard to locate 5 guys that fit this system.

Maybe this system needs to be revised and something else needs to be done.

Football isn't a "simple" game by any means but can't schemes be simplified?

Here's what you look for, just my opinion:

Left Tackle: Strong upper body, athletic and moves feet very well.
    Left Guard: Big lower base.
    Center: Highly intelligent
    Right Guard: Big lower base.
    Right Tackle: Strong upper body, athletic and moves feel very well.

Simpler to find compared to these "Zone blockers", right?? Hahah.
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter

• joeseahawks wrote:Remember when he said that college Linemen were not properly trained and he picked guys from the streets who used to play soccer (or was it Field Hockey or Cricket :) ) and tried to turn them into O-Linemen?

It's bad coaching....only one player that has been under Cable's tutelage has gotten a second contract. Even that player is not playing the position he was initially drafted for. Cable has been in Seattle for 6 years now and only 1 player in that time was deemed good enough to warrant a second contract. Think on that for a moment.....
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Cable is the constant when it comes to O-line and running back play. If I'm a defensive player I am starting to look at Pete straight in the eye and ask the same question we all are. How can this team carry the dead weight that it has at one coaching position. Pete needs to shit can Tom Cable. He has proven to be the weakest coaching link on the Hawks. There is enough data to prove that point.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:He socked that one dude pretty good in the face.

I thought that was his ex wife(s)?
    massari
    NET Veteran

Seymour
    NET Veteran

I remember L'ael Collins being available and I was like, "Pete Carroll loves guys like this" and we need lineman, draft him!" But nope.
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter

• He duped Tampa Bay into giving Sweezy a huge contract
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    joeseahawks wrote:Remember when he said that college Linemen were not properly trained and he picked guys from the streets who used to play soccer (or was it Field Hockey or Cricket :) ) and tried to turn them into O-Linemen?

It's bad coaching....only one player that has been under Cable's tutelage has gotten a second contract. Even that player is not playing the position he was initially drafted for. Cable has been in Seattle for 6 years now and only 1 player in that time was deemed good enough to warrant a second contract. Think on that for a moment.....

Only one? That's blatantly false.

:177692: but I get it.

Throwing rocks and all.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    joeseahawks wrote:Remember when he said that college Linemen were not properly trained and he picked guys from the streets who used to play soccer (or was it Field Hockey or Cricket :) ) and tried to turn them into O-Linemen?

Unger was technically picked before PCJS but was moved to center under their tenure and earned a 2nd contract for the Seahawks. Britt, also moved to center also earned one.

We've certainly let our share of mediocre go but seemingly have only replaced them with awful.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Benno, Sweezy, Carpenter, Okung, Unger ...
    These guys didn't rank last during their tenure here ...
    Isn't there a stat that says ... we have drafted more o-linemen than any other position under this regime?
    Are we just drafting the wrong guys (Ifedi ) ?
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• TheLegendOfBoom wrote:

I remember L'ael Collins being available and I was like, "Pete Carroll loves guys like this" and we need lineman, draft him!" But nope.

L'ael Collins wasn't going to sign with any team that drafted him after the third round. Projected to be a first round pick, Collins stock started to drop when it was announced that he was scheduled to talk to the Louisiana State police days after the draft, about the shooting death of a pregnant woman with whom he previously had a relationship. Even though he wasn't considered a suspect a the time, that was a big red flag to every team. If a team drafted him after the 3rd round he was going to sit out the season and re-enter the draft the following year. Since he went undrafted he automatically became an UDFA and could not re-enter the draft the following year. The Seahawks could have signed him as an UDFA, but either they chose not to or he liked Dallas more for a multitude of reasons (more money, better o-line, liked the city, etc.)
    Megatron
    NET Bench Warmer

• Jville wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:

Throwing rocks and all.

Unger was drafted by Mora. Okung was drafted 2010 also before Cable but he didn't get a 2nd contract. Sweezy didn't, Carpenter didn't...so who is/are the other offensive lineman(s) besides Britt to get a 2nd contract on Seahawks?
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    Rat wrote:He socked that one dude pretty good in the face.

I thought that was his ex wife(s)?

That was the slap. The punch was an assistant coach.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:

Throwing rocks and all.

Unger was drafted by Mora. Okung was drafted 2010 also before Cable but he didn't get a 2nd contract. Sweezy didn't, Carpenter didn't...so who is/are the other offensive lineman(s) besides Britt to get a 2nd contract on Seahawks?

This is technically true if you mean second contract with the Seahawks. But it's a bit misleading: Okung's first contract was 6 years (although his first year wasn't under Cable). Also multiple players got big money with other teams. The fact they went somewhere else isn't really a coaching failure.

With that said, Cable is an assistant head coach, former NFL head coach, and presumably should have a lot of pull with the organization. I'd assume he has more to do with the makeup of the line than just pure coaching. If the oline problems are a result of JS/PC being unwilling to invest in the position, over Cable's objections, and Cable really is a great coach, he should really just quit, because he's being setup to fail.

"The result was terrible, but it would have been even more terrible if not for me" isn't exactly an inspiring accomplishment in any profession.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad

• The fact that they went somewhere else is an office failure. Pete hired Cable. Pete keeps Cable. Pete supplies Cable players. Pete refuses to see any thing is wrong with our oline philosophy. Now.... who is the problem?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• SeahawksCanuck wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:

Throwing rocks and all.

This is technically true if you mean second contract with the Seahawks. But it's a bit misleading: Okung's first contract was 6 years (although his first year wasn't under Cable). Also multiple players got big money with other teams. The fact they went somewhere else isn't really a coaching failure.

With that said, Cable is an assistant head coach, former NFL head coach, and presumably should have a lot of pull with the organization. I'd assume he has more to do with the makeup of the line than just pure coaching. If the oline problems are a result of JS/PC being unwilling to invest in the position, over Cable's objections, and Cable really is a great coach, he should really just quit, because he's being setup to fail.

"The result was terrible, but it would have been even more terrible if not for me" isn't exactly an inspiring accomplishment in any profession.

I assumed this would be given since we are talking about the Seahawks. A player getting a second contact with another team doesn't help the Seahawks. I'll try to add more clarity in the future.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• SeahawksCanuck wrote:"The result was terrible, but it would have been even more terrible if not for me" isn't exactly an inspiring accomplishment in any profession.

It is exactly what a charlatan middle manager does.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:Image

Disgusting. Discouraging. Distant cousin who needs to desperately sleep on your couch for "just like a week, at MOST." Disjointed. Disco Balls falling on your head. Dispirited. Discomforting. Discombobulated. Dysentery. Discount Triple Check. Dis shit has gone on for too damn long.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• Would have been a nice set up for a screen pass though.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• brimsalabim wrote:Would have been a nice set up for a screen pass though.

We don't throw screens to RB's in the flat, every Seahawk fan should know that by now, Bubble Screen or not at all.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Did you guys watch Marshawn destroy defender after defender in a Raiders uniform yesterday?

I have a feeling that dude made some coaches look good.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Go Hawks
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    SeahawksCanuck wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Jville wrote:

Throwing rocks and all.

I assumed this would be given since we are talking about the Seahawks. A player getting a second contact with another team doesn't help the Seahawks. I'll try to add more clarity in the future.

It's definitely not a given since your comment was in the context of coaching. It's hard to argue that someone like Sweezy getting a 30 million dollar contract after being developed by Cable is a coaching failure.

Now as I said, I'd expect someone with Cable's experience to have a lot more influence than a simple positional coach and help JS/PC with drafting, trades, contract decisions, etc. But from a pure coaching perspective, where that second contract is signed is kind of irrelevant.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad

• DavidSeven wrote:Did you guys watch Marshawn destroy defender after defender in a Raiders uniform yesterday?

He still had some decent holes and then pulled off some off the Marshawn magic. For all the complaints at the time, Marshawn actually ran behind some decent lines here (especially in run protection). Would any of us not kill for Okung-Carpenter-Unger-Sweezy-Giacomini (plus Miller blocking at TE and Robinson at FB) at this point?
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad

• He got fired a lot. Managed to get fired at Idaho, gone when mora fired in Atlanta, Fired after pathetic run in Oakland.

Learned under the great Head Coaches prior to Pete of Jim Mora and Lane Kifin.

Bevell and Cable go together like whatever the opposite of chocolate and peanut butter is.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Smellyman wrote:He got fired a lot. Managed to get fired at Idaho, gone when mora fired in Atlanta, Fired after pathetic run in Oakland.

Learned under the great Head Coaches prior to Pete of Jim Mora and Lane Kifin.

Bevell and Cable go together like whatever the opposite of chocolate and peanut butter is.

Funny you should bring that up. Tom Cable has been fired in 3 years or less at every job he has had since 1998. He has been fired as an OC a HC and a line coach. He got fired by his own alma mater Idaho. Tom Cable is a spiclaist in failure.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• DavidSeven wrote:Did you guys watch Marshawn destroy defender after defender in a Raiders uniform yesterday?

Thought the same thing. Made me wonder if the O-line was more of a problem then many thought in 2012-2014.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information