Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Here we list Tom Cables accomplishments

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:Did you guys watch Marshawn destroy defender after defender in a Raiders uniform yesterday?

I have a feeling that dude made some coaches look good.

Thought the same thing. Made me wonder if the O-line was more of a problem then many thought in 2012-2014.

No, it was much better those years and now Lynch gets to run behind perhaps the best OL in the league.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• IMG_20170912_094740.jpg
    IMG_20170912_094740.jpg (23.36 KiB) Viewed 142 times
    I made this OL Performance chart last season, but it still holds true today.
    FIRE CABLE to SAVE RUSSELL!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• DavidSeven wrote:Did you guys watch Marshawn destroy defender after defender in a Raiders uniform yesterday?

I have a feeling that dude made some coaches look good.

DavidSeven in da house!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• ludakrishna wrote:
    IMG_20170912_094740.jpg
    I made this OL Performance chart last season, but it still holds true today.

I remember your chart from last season. Pure genius
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• SeahawksCanuck wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    SeahawksCanuck wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Unger was drafted by Mora. Okung was drafted 2010 also before Cable but he didn't get a 2nd contract. Sweezy didn't, Carpenter didn't...so who is/are the other offensive lineman(s) besides Britt to get a 2nd contract on Seahawks?

This is technically true if you mean second contract with the Seahawks. But it's a bit misleading: Okung's first contract was 6 years (although his first year wasn't under Cable). Also multiple players got big money with other teams. The fact they went somewhere else isn't really a coaching failure.

With that said, Cable is an assistant head coach, former NFL head coach, and presumably should have a lot of pull with the organization. I'd assume he has more to do with the makeup of the line than just pure coaching. If the oline problems are a result of JS/PC being unwilling to invest in the position, over Cable's objections, and Cable really is a great coach, he should really just quit, because he's being setup to fail.

"The result was terrible, but it would have been even more terrible if not for me" isn't exactly an inspiring accomplishment in any profession.

I assumed this would be given since we are talking about the Seahawks. A player getting a second contact with another team doesn't help the Seahawks. I'll try to add more clarity in the future.

It's definitely not a given since your comment was in the context of coaching. It's hard to argue that someone like Sweezy getting a 30 million dollar contract after being developed by Cable is a coaching failure.

Now as I said, I'd expect someone with Cable's experience to have a lot more influence than a simple positional coach and help JS/PC with drafting, trades, contract decisions, etc. But from a pure coaching perspective, where that second contract is signed is kind of irrelevant.

Alvin Bailey, Michael Bowie, JR Sweezy, James Carpenter got second contracts with other teams. However, JS/PC didn't seem to see the value in resigning those players. JS/PC went out an signed a player on another team for a higher deal - Luke Joeckel for $8M. That pretty much tells you that Cable's coaching is a failure at developing players for the Seahawks. While getting player to contracts with other teams in the NFL helps Cable's resume on an individual basis, he's not helping his employer, Seattle Seahawks, in that capacity one bit.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• If you are Paul Allen watching that game, how to you stop yourself from doing something after watching that dumpster fire of an O-Line again. It makes you wonder what cable would have to do to actually get fired.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran

• edogg23 wrote:If you are Paul Allen watching that game, how to you stop yourself from doing something after watching that dumpster fire of an O-Line again. It makes you wonder what cable would have to do to actually get fired.

Short of a racist rant, I can't think anything.
    FIRE CABLE to SAVE RUSSELL!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• He's the common denominator. We can't identify OL talent and we can't coach it. Haven't been able to for years. Not sure why Cable is retained. I'd genuinely be interested to hear an argument in favor of keeping Cable. Anyone have one?
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    Alvin Bailey, Michael Bowie, JR Sweezy, James Carpenter got second contracts with other teams. However, JS/PC didn't seem to see the value in resigning those players. JS/PC went out an signed a player on another team for a higher deal - Luke Joeckel for $8M. That pretty much tells you that Cable's coaching is a failure at developing players for the Seahawks. While getting player to contracts with other teams in the NFL helps Cable's resume on an individual basis, he's not helping his employer, Seattle Seahawks, in that capacity one bit.

Exactly. These are great stories for the individual players and terrible for our bottom line while they learn on the job to become great stories later.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    Rat wrote:He socked that one dude pretty good in the face.

I thought that was his ex wife(s)?

Thought it was the girlfriend he was cheating on his wife with. Can't remember, but I do remember 49er fans were about to mutiny when rumors of cable getting hired surfaced.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

"Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    massari wrote:
    Rat wrote:He socked that one dude pretty good in the face.

I thought that was his ex wife(s)?

Thought it was the girlfriend he was cheating on his wife with. Can't remember, but I do remember 49er fans were about to mutiny when rumors of cable getting hired surfaced.

Day two and outside volunteers are arriving to add more fuel for the fire. :lol: Burn Baby Burn!
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• When I saw the thread title, I thought of a Soccer player from years ago autobiography. One chapter was titled " What the average football club chairman knows about football". The rest of the page was blank.
    ronnieboycefanclub
    NET Bench Warmer

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    joeseahawks wrote:Remember when he said that college Linemen were not properly trained and he picked guys from the streets who used to play soccer (or was it Field Hockey or Cricket :) ) and tried to turn them into O-Linemen?

I asked the question earlier if our Failure on the O-Line was due to bad talent of bad coaching (or maybe bad scouting)...
    Something drastic needs to happen soon.
    When i see how much time Rodgers had back there and how much time Russ is given ... it is really unfair.

It's bad coaching....only one player that has been under Cable's tutelage has gotten a second contract. Even that player is not playing the position he was initially drafted for. Cable has been in Seattle for 6 years now and only 1 player in that time was deemed good enough to warrant a second contract. Think on that for a moment.....

Only one? That's blatantly false.

:177692: but I get it.

Throwing rocks and all.

Unger was drafted by Mora. Okung was drafted 2010 also before Cable but he didn't get a 2nd contract. Sweezy didn't, Carpenter didn't...so who is/are the other offensive lineman(s) besides Britt to get a 2nd contract on Seahawks?

Pretty simple,.....Playing elsewhere = MO MONEY, and you're not having to play next to other O-Linemen that, because they are so green & confused, that they whiff on every other play.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm still looking for the accomplishment list.

Just remember they drafted a can't miss Tackle in Oakland that ended up being a guard in Gallery.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:I'm still looking for the accomplishment list.

Just remember they drafted a can't miss Tackle in Oakland that ended up being a guard in Gallery.

That was Norv Turner and Al Davis with help from current Rams Oline coach Aaron Kromer. Tom Cable had just been fired from Idaho as their head coach and was about to get fired as UCLA's offensive coordinator.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I'm still looking for the accomplishment list.

That was Norv Turner and Al Davis with help from current Rams Oline coach Aaron Kromer. Tom Cable had just been fired from Idaho as their head coach and was about to get fired as UCLA's offensive coordinator.

True but he made Gallery a Guard when he got there.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Previous

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information