Why we should not overreact

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Packers (especially Dom Capers) own Russell Wilson. Look at the games we have played against the Packers in the Russell Wilson era.

He has had a good game ONE time in 6 tries. The Season Opener in 2014 where we blew out the Packers, and even then Wilson had less than 200 yards passing. The 5 other games? He was TERRIBLE. You could argue that the Seahawks should have lost all 5, but were saved in the last minute by miracles: The Hail Mary to Tate and the Miracle comeback in the NFC Championship. The other two games that were losses (other than today) are the 2 worst games of the Russell Wilson era in terms of how much the Hawks lost by (10 and 28 points).

The Packers own Wilson. I don't know what they do differently, but this game was normal. Wilson always struggles against them—every single time.

Add in the fact that this game was in Green Bay, and the writing was on the wall. The Hawks will bounce back. There is no reason to overreact. The Hawks have played like this against the Packers (and much worse) in their best years.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
We will roll next game at home against SF, but the offensive line still will suck!

Reaction score
Also it is such a long season - people should never jump to conclusions after 1 game of the season.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1yck5dkb said:
The Packers (especially Dom Capers) own Russell Wilson. Look at the games we have played against the Packers in the Russell Wilson era.

He has had a good game ONE time in 6 tries. The Season Opener in 2014 where we blew out the Packers, and even then Wilson had less than 200 yards passing. The 5 other games? He was TERRIBLE. You could argue that the Seahawks should have lost all 5, but were saved in the last minute by miracles: The Hail Mary to Tate and the Miracle comeback in the NFC Championship. The other two games that were losses (other than today) are the 2 worst games of the Russell Wilson era in terms of how much the Hawks lost by (10 and 28 points).

The Packers own Wilson. I don't know what they do differently, but this game was normal. Wilson always struggles against them—every single time.

Add in the fact that this game was in Green Bay, and the writing was on the wall. The Hawks will bounce back. There is no reason to overreact. The Hawks have played like this against the Packers (and much worse) in their best years.

Agree with Capers, but the momentum was taken away almost right away from us with the lousy call on the interception and once again on the drive with the non call on Graham. Both plays change how the pressure is applied to Green Bay and ourselves, playing with a lead and control versus catch up and stymied.

cymatica

Reaction score
The fact they own us sooooo bad and we never adjust is what concerns me. Something about the formations, personell, playcalls, or all 3.... They know what's coming

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":apjur3ve said:
Also it is such a long season - people should never jump to conclusions after 1 game of the season.

Yup. Although this may be the toughest game on our schedule. We will probably lose again this year to other teams, but this one was fairly predictable if you look at our history against the Packers. Because of how they usually play against us, that's why I say it was probably our toughest game on the schedule.

jeremiah

Reaction score
If a player jumps offsides 2 times a game, he had better get 3 sacks to make up for it. There is no place on a winning team for this undisciplined play by a veteran. Those types of penalties kill a team

HawkGA

Reaction score
At some point a crap show is a crap show. If Bevell and/or Cable aren't let go soon, it will come time to extend Wilson and frankly they shouldn't. Some thing, some where in this offensive combination isn't working and the team has done a horrible job of figuring out what it is. If they are sticking by the OL coach and the OC, then eventually the blame has to go somewhere. But blame there is. You can't just be owned by somebody over and over again before you realize it is your own fault.

Cc5674

Reaction score
Worrisome part was the Packers were the more physical team and more prepared. SF coming in will help but you gotta admit there are some chinks in the armor. No running game besides Wilson scrambling for his life but we all know where that led to last year. Where was Kam Chancellor today? Was he injured?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Doesn't matter...if they make the playoffs the o line and the issues on offence will be our demise. Guess we will wait and see

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Seattle always starts the season slow. Always. I think it's an overreaction to proclaim this season over, but there are some pretty clear takeaways from the game.

Today had one overwhelming positive, Shaq held up against Jordy for most of the game. That is something to be really excited about. Other positives are Richardson looks legit, the defense looks great. Not 2013 level but still very good. To go into the half with the lead is a testament to how good they are. Assuming they stay healthy they should only get better. Richardson has only been with the team for a week and Shaq was playing in his first game.

What isn't in overreaction is to say this is the same old Seattle offense under Pete Carroll. Every year it feels like we go into the season looking at the star power and name recognition on this roster thinking they are going to finally play to their potential and every year we are disappointed. Seattle did nothing this game to make me think our woes in the run game are solved. Lacy was awful behind this o-line. He simply doesn't have the speed to create out of nothing. Carson and Procise did a little to create, but overall it was a major disappointment. It also looked like playcalling was bad, as usual, and the OL was bad, as usual. It looked like typical post-Lynch Seahawk offense. Pete better figure it out or he's going to waste his best shot to win another ring with this defense.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Hawk Ga . . . You couldn't be more correct. The O line players, clearly not good enough. The O line Coach, clearly not good enough, he needs to go. Front Office, they need to take most of the blame for consistently blowing draft picks and time on mediocre or worse players on the O line. The Head Coach, he is responsible for the entire shebang. This is the 3rd year in a row that the O line plainly sucks. Russell will not last the year at this rate, and the team sinks in the NFC West. Why put out the emotional effort? It is getting harder and harder to do. I used to watch them when they lost, when they really put out an effort but didn't have enough "horses". Well, this teams Offense is offensive. If RW is subtracted, they may never win a game unless the D outscores the opposition.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Yxes1122":hy7utw66 said:
THIS:

Seattle always starts the season slow. Always. I think it's an overreaction to proclaim this season over, but there are some pretty clear takeaways from the game.

AND THIS:

Today had one overwhelming positive, Shaq held up against Jordy for most of the game. That is something to be really excited about. Other positives are Richardson looks legit, the defense looks great. Not 2013 level but still very good. To go into the half with the lead is a testament to how good they are. Assuming they stay healthy they should only get better. Richardson has only been with the team for a week and Shaq was playing in his first .

stang233

Reaction score
The issue is ya we will win and go to the playoffs but with an o line this bad we will get booted from the playoffs.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but when I saw the schedule released I had us at 0-1. Wasn't expecting a win today. Will be a big rebound next Sunday. Then at Tennessee will be the first real sign of how 2017 will shape out.

Erebus

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":1xhxf6vo said:

I agree that it's not time to panic or jump to conclusions, but I can't agree with your reasoning. 16 games is a very short season, especially compared to all other sports.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Very good post. Tough game to open the year with. If we see them again, I'm confident we will prevail. No reason to overreact.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
ivotuk":c6vh0d6n said:
Yxes1122":c6vh0d6n said:
THIS:

AND THIS:

Today had one overwhelming positive, Shaq held up against Jordy for most of the game. That is something to be really excited about. Other positives are Richardson looks legit, the defense looks great. Not 2013 level but still very good. To go into the half with the lead is a testament to how good they are. Assuming they stay healthy they should only get better. Richardson has only been with the team for a week and Shaq was playing in his first .

Thought we started 2013 off pretty well.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I refuse to panic. Yeah, the OLine is a dumpster fire again but I loved the positives I saw.
Griffin, Carson and even a peek at why we kept Darboh on the roster. I am just thankful that Russell didn't get hurt.