Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Fire Pete Carroll

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:15 am
  • NINEster wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:If anyone seriously wants to replace Carroll with Harbaugh because Carroll is too loyal to his coordinators and assistants, they really don't know much about Jim Harbaugh. :lol: :lol:


    LOL, true.

    He'd still be coaching the 49ers probably if he swapped Roman for Kubiak in 2014 or hell, even Kyle Shanahan was available that offseason. :shock:

    Also, with Harbaugh you'll need a DC. Perhaps Richard or some other 4-3 Under Pete disciple like Saleh could work.

    With Harbaugh you've got a "manager" in the truest sense, especially now.

    I think he could kick a*** in the NFL with a good OC/DC combo. He's proven he could do that but if you need Xs and Os from the top, you're dead.


    This fire Pete Carroll is hysterical. It must be far more amusing for 49er fans and others outside of such an emotional bubble. :lol:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6903
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:47 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:If anyone seriously wants to replace Carroll with Harbaugh because Carroll is too loyal to his coordinators and assistants, they really don't know much about Jim Harbaugh. :lol: :lol:


    The Niners had garbage talent on offense yet his OC Greg Roman made them respectable. The Anti-Bevell.
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1499
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:55 am
  • ludakrishna wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:If anyone seriously wants to replace Carroll with Harbaugh because Carroll is too loyal to his coordinators and assistants, they really don't know much about Jim Harbaugh. :lol: :lol:


    The Niners had garbage talent on offense yet his OC Greg Roman made them respectable. The Anti-Bevell.

    And yet Bevell has a 6-4 record against him in head-to-head meetings.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3617
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 am
  • Jville wrote:This fire Pete Carroll is hysterical. It must be far more amusing for 49er fans and others outside of such an emotional bubble. :lol:


    :lol: :lol:

    TBH it's actually kind of depressing, as it's a good reminder of everything that annoys the bejeezus out of me about my fellow 9ers fans. ;)
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4390
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:03 am
  • ludakrishna wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:If anyone seriously wants to replace Carroll with Harbaugh because Carroll is too loyal to his coordinators and assistants, they really don't know much about Jim Harbaugh. :lol: :lol:


    The Niners had garbage talent on offense yet his OC Greg Roman made them respectable. The Anti-Bevell.


    Huh?

    9ers fans HATED Greg Roman while national observers thought of him as an above average OC: he's EXACTLY the same as Bevell. I really can't overstate how much 9ers fans hated Greg Roman.

    As for garbage talent on offense, not really sure what you're talking about. Those 9ers teams had a top offensive line in the NFL (as opposed to the worst), more accomplished talent at RB, equivalent WRs, and Kap was still able to dominate because the NFL couldn't defend the R/O yet.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4390
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:40 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:If anyone seriously wants to replace Carroll with Harbaugh because Carroll is too loyal to his coordinators and assistants, they really don't know much about Jim Harbaugh. :lol: :lol:


    The Niners had garbage talent on offense yet his OC Greg Roman made them respectable. The Anti-Bevell.


    Huh?

    9ers fans HATED Greg Roman while national observers thought of him as an above average OC: he's EXACTLY the same as Bevell. I really can't overstate how much 9ers fans hated Greg Roman.

    As for garbage talent on offense, not really sure what you're talking about. Those 9ers teams had a top offensive line in the NFL (as opposed to the worst), more accomplished talent at RB, equivalent WRs, and Kap was still able to dominate because the NFL couldn't defend the R/O yet.


    So Gore > Beastmode?
    Over the hill Randy Moss + Crabtree + always injured Manningham = Always Injured Sidney, Tate, Baldwin?

    You comment on OL has me sold. A coach who values the OL gets my nod for the job.
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1499
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:46 am
  • This is a stupid statement, fire the best coach this franchise has ever had...players love him and preform for him. Now having said that I can't stand another second of Bevell and cable both are absolutely terrible at their respective jobs
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 544
    Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:19 pm


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:48 am
  • Oh, my bad. Sorry.

    I thought you were comparing that long gone 9ers offense to the Seahawks' offense today.

    Lynch > Gore > Inconsistent injured Rawls/Feast Mode/7th round rookie Carson (just hasn't done enough yet.

    Baldwin + guys w/ upside = Crabtree + guys who have done it before but aren't world breakers.

    Kap with the R/O as a major tool ain't that off from Wilson last year or in one game this year either (although Wilson is obviously a better QB overall).
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4390
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:49 am
  • Seriously mods, these are the kinds of threads that need to be locked or deleted.

    Can you imagine another team's fans coming here and seeing this garbage? Makes us look like idiots.

    Remember that one coach that came here, won a SB and has us perennially winning 10+ games and going deep into the playoffs every single year and gets the best out of every player he coaches? Yep, we fired him in hopes of getting Jim Harbaugh next year! Yeah!
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12324
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:58 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Can you imagine another team's fans coming here and seeing this garbage? Makes us look like idiots.


    TBH, when I'm on the Zone I find all the officiating blame after losses a lot more embarrassing as a fan than the overreactions that are calling to blow everything up, as at least the "blow it all up" emotional people are correctly targeting the team for playing poorly.

    I mean, there's a thread on the Zone right now calling for the benching of Hoyer and for starting Beathard (who was ATROCIOUS in the pre-season, just like in college :lol: ), but at least that acknowledges that Hoyer didn't play that well (behind what was admittedly absolutely horrid interior line play).

    Not saying Hawks fans shouldn't complain about officiating (the lane call was ridiculous and the Hawks should have had a first down on the Graham hold), but the officiating stuff is more embarrassing to me as a fan because (1) every single fan base insists they're the only ones who lose officiating roulette all the time and (2) it excuses all the problems with the team you root for because it places all the blame on a neutral third party which is everyone's favorite punching bag.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4390
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:03 am
  • This is the dumbest thread of all time.

    Pete Carroll has won a Super Bowl. He has set NFL records for most consecutive games without losing by more than seven points (46 games) and by 10 points (95 games). He has won playoff games for five-consecutive years, including two Super Bowl appearances. He led the NFL in scoring defense for an unprecedented four-straight seasons, and it would have been five seasons if Earl Thomas had not been injured.

    Anyone who does not appreciate his tenure in Seattle is a moron. :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 792
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:08 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Seriously mods, these are the kinds of threads that need to be locked or deleted.

    Can you imagine another team's fans coming here and seeing this garbage? Makes us look like idiots.

    Remember that one coach that came here, won a SB and has us perennially winning 10+ games and going deep into the playoffs every single year and gets the best out of every player he coaches? Yep, we fired him in hopes of getting Jim Harbaugh next year! Yeah!


    That one coach is also wasting the best defense of this generation due to his nepotism and arrogance. That one coach needs to acknowledge an inferior product at OL. Yet, it's underperformance year after year after year atfter year. At what point does it become "okay" to call out subpar play and the lack of accountability for coaching staff? We had higher drafted OLineman playing yesterday when compared to the Packers. But the Packers OL gave Rodgers some time to make a play whereas ours was utter garbage.
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1499
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:10 am
  • hawknation2017 wrote:This is the dumbest thread of all time.

    Pete Carroll has won a Super Bowl. He has set NFL records for most consecutive games without losing by more than seven points (46 games) and by 10 points (95 games). He has won playoff games for five-consecutive years, including two Super Bowl appearances. He led the NFL in scoring defense for an unprecedented four-straight seasons, and it would have been five seasons if Earl Thomas had not been injured.

    Anyone who does not appreciate his tenure in Seattle is a moron. :2thumbs:


    One can still appreciate his tenure while holding him accountable for his subpar decision.
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1499
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 am
  • He's talking about the OP and thread title.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3617
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:16 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Can you imagine another team's fans coming here and seeing this garbage? Makes us look like idiots.

    Remember that one coach that came here, won a SB and has us perennially winning 10+ games and going deep into the playoffs every single year and gets the best out of every player he coaches? Yep, we fired him in hopes of getting Jim Harbaugh next year! Yeah!


    Kind of reminds ya of the knuckle heads in New England calling for Bill Belichick's head ..... don't it.
    Last edited by Jville on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6903
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:18 am
  • ludakrishna wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:This is the dumbest thread of all time.

    Pete Carroll has won a Super Bowl. He has set NFL records for most consecutive games without losing by more than seven points (46 games) and by 10 points (95 games). He has won playoff games for five-consecutive years, including two Super Bowl appearances. He led the NFL in scoring defense for an unprecedented four-straight seasons, and it would have been five seasons if Earl Thomas had not been injured.

    Anyone who does not appreciate his tenure in Seattle is a moron. :2thumbs:


    One can still appreciate his tenure while holding him accountable for his subpar decision.


    You don't appreciate his tenure by starting a "Fire Pete Carroll" thread.

    The lack of talent on the offensive line is a concern. No team has spent less than 10% of the salary cap on the offensive line, except for Seattle the last two years. I wish they had drafted experienced tackles Cam Robinson and Taylor Moton.

    But does that justify firing the 2nd best coach in the NFL? No, the idea is quite absurd.
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 792
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 am
  • Who care's what fan's from other team's think?

    The thread exists because some member on here is pissed off enough to seek this type of catharsis. It's near the top of the forum page because people respond to it. Who is the "idiot" here?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12463
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 am
  • ludakrishna wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Seriously mods, these are the kinds of threads that need to be locked or deleted.

    Can you imagine another team's fans coming here and seeing this garbage? Makes us look like idiots.

    Remember that one coach that came here, won a SB and has us perennially winning 10+ games and going deep into the playoffs every single year and gets the best out of every player he coaches? Yep, we fired him in hopes of getting Jim Harbaugh next year! Yeah!


    That one coach is also wasting the best defense of this generation due to his nepotism and arrogance. That one coach needs to acknowledge an inferior product at OL. Yet, it's underperformance year after year after year atfter year. At what point does it become "okay" to call out subpar play and the lack of accountability for coaching staff? We had higher drafted OLineman playing yesterday when compared to the Packers. But the Packers OL gave Rodgers some time to make a play whereas ours was utter garbage.


    I never said Carroll is infallible, or not accountable for his coaching decisions. Make a thread about those things, and I'll jump right into a more civil and intelligent discussion digging deeper into what you're talking about.

    But this thread is about FIRING him. That's not a conversation I'm willing to have, because it's knee jerk and flat out insane.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12324
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:24 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Who care's what fan's from other team's think?

    The thread exists because some member on here is pissed off enough to seek this type of catharsis. It's near the top of the forum page because people respond to it. Who is the "idiot" here?


    Saying you want to fire Pete after one game where we almost pulled off a win in GB against a HOF QB in his prime in the first game of the year with arguably the worst O-line performance in the history of our franchise is cathartic?

    It's the text book definition of idiotic. Sorry, no, not all opinions matter. This one's dumber than a box of rocks.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12324
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:25 am
  • but he got you to reply...
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12463
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:25 am
  • At my job, much like majority of the working class, we have something called 'annual performance evaluations'. If we perform well, we're rated high. If we perform poorly, we're rated low. If there is a pattern of poor performance which is affecting the final product, we're told to fix it, or find another job. If we've started to suck, we're not allowed to reference our performance evaluations from 4 years ago to show why we should still have a job today. Applying that same accountability to this coaching staff is healthy for the organization and fanbase. We have performed horribly at OL Pete, what have you done over the last 4 years to fix it? Where are the tangible results?
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1499
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


Re: Fire Pete Carroll
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:26 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Who care's what fan's from other team's think?

    The thread exists because some member on here is pissed off enough to seek this type of catharsis. It's near the top of the forum page because people respond to it. Who is the "idiot" here?


    This is a football forum not a therapy session. Don't really see the point in indulging ridiculous catharsis like this.

    I'm probably wrong, though.
    User avatar
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1913
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:02 pm


Previous


It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online