it could be worse....

hawkfan68

Reaction score
At least they didn't get blown out by the Lions....

Again the weakest link on the team is the OL. Boy putting Joeckel and Glow at guards was just a brilliant move. How Cable still has a job is just amazing. Crap in and crap out each year.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Only way anything will change with this team is if we really suck this year and miss the playoffs by a lot. Then maybe we will get a new offensive cord and some other new coaches. Def cable and bevell need to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnyfever

Reaction score
HawkinNY":3nwowzlv said:
Only way anything will change with this team is if we really suck this year and miss the playoffs by a lot. Then maybe we will get a new offensive cord and some other new coaches. Def cable and bevell need to go.

The problem is we have way too much talent on the roster. We are able to make things happen off of broken plays. Many of bevells plays are broken as they are based on longer developing routes, and we don't have an OL that gives them enough time to develop. A good OC would scheme to take pressure off the line with shorter hot routes and spreading out the dense, but we don't have a good OC.

We will continue to do well enough to most likely make the playoffs, but unless something changes, that's where it will end again.

That's how guys like siouxhawk justify bevell, by just losing later than other teams.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":7bd7igr2 said:
HawkinNY":7bd7igr2 said:

The problem is we have way too much talent on the roster. We are able to make things happen off of broken plays. Many of bevells plays are broken as they are based on longer developing routes, and we don't have an OL that gives them enough time to develop. A good OC would scheme to take pressure off the line with shorter hot routes and spreading out the dense, but we don't have a good OC.

We will continue to do well enough to most likely make the playoffs, but unless something changes, that's where it will end again.

That's how guys like siouxhawk justify bevell, by just losing later than other teams.
So you say, aw shucks, we'll probably make the playoffs. When is that a bad thing? When you make the playoffs, you're in the dance to go to the grand ball. We've been there 5 years in a row. Us and the Packers are the winningest teams in the NFC.

EVERY player and coach has a hand in that. It doesn't happen by accident. Too much overreaction and gnashing of teeth by 1 loss in Week 1 on the road. Pete knows Bevell is the best fit for our offense and I stand by that decision. The pulse of our offense will be back in full force before long.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
HawkinNY":memo4pko said:

Definitely not gonna happen.

Carroll is too loyal to his assistants. Even when they are holding the team back, Carroll continues to make excuses for them. Our only hope is another team hires them and they leave on their decision.

Seymour

Reaction score
It could be worse.....We could have had to wait until the final play of the year to find out we are not going to win our 2nd Super Bowl.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The best thing that could happen to this team would be for some productive and trusted player (like Baldwin) demanding to be traded because he no longer wanted to play for Bevell. It would have to be a productive offensive player, couldn't be someone like Graham that WOULD be productive under anyone else.

It would need to be someone that is beloved and that our offense absolutely needs. So unless either Baldwin or Wilson demands his head - we are stuck with Bevell.

It was cause a little firestorm but might at least move the needle to the point we could can Bevell.

Until a star demands he goes, I don't see us ever getting rid of that disease we have in Bevell.

And until Bevell goes, we are going to watch potentially HOF defensive players squander their playing years when they could have been playing for a Championship again. He is going to keep blowing chances and peeing away games until our defensive players get old and the windows close.

It could be worse but at least a worse team wouldn't have a chance. We have the talent, we just play the game with one hand tied behind our backs and consequently we produce worse results than we should with the roster we field.

It might even be worse, because when we are terrible we are going to look back on all these great players we had and the games we squandered, wondering what might have been.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":34un03w9 said:
johnnyfever":34un03w9 said:
HawkinNY":34un03w9 said:

So you say, aw shucks, we'll probably make the playoffs. When is that a bad thing? When you make the playoffs, you're in the dance to go to the grand ball. We've been there 5 years in a row. Us and the Packers are the winningest teams in the NFC.

EVERY player and coach has a hand in that. It doesn't happen by accident. Too much overreaction and gnashing of teeth by 1 loss in Week 1 on the road. Pete knows Bevell is the best fit for our offense and I stand by that decision. The pulse of our offense will be back in full force before long.

It is really tough for me to believe that you have zero criticism of Bevell. I understand loyalty and I understand acceptance--but for the love of everything holy, to not have a single doubt that there could be a better option--it just blows my mind. It makes me question the integrity and intelligence of every single post you make. In many ways, it's worse than those who blame Bevell for everything. At least I can see the issues they're objecting to. Your only argument is based off of the performances of one of the most talent-filled rosters in the NFL. Any stat you're using is based on player performance. My 8 year old cousin was calling plays today, and 90%+of the time, he was telling me what we were gonna do. I'm not arguing back and forth, but your posts are terrible and your COMPLETE forgiveness of this bland, uninspired, and most concerningly 100% unsuccessful offensive strategy, is egregious. That is all.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1yoehmru said:
The best thing that could happen to this team would be for some productive and trusted player (like Baldwin) demanding to be traded because he no longer wanted to play for Bevell. It would have to be a productive offensive player, couldn't be someone like Graham that WOULD be productive under anyone else.

It would need to be someone that is beloved and that our offense absolutely needs. So unless either Baldwin or Wilson demands his head - we are stuck with Bevell.

It was cause a little firestorm but might at least move the needle to the point we could can Bevell.

Until a star demands he goes, I don't see us ever getting rid of that disease we have in Bevell.

And until Bevell goes, we are going to watch potentially HOF defensive players squander their playing years when they could have been playing for a Championship again. He is going to keep blowing chances and peeing away games until our defensive players get old and the windows close.

It could be worse but at least a worse team wouldn't have a chance. We have the talent, we just play the game with one hand tied behind our backs and consequently we produce worse results than we should with the roster we field.

It might even be worse, because when we are terrible we are going to look back on all these great players we had and the games we squandered, wondering what might have been.

Already happened Lynch retired due to him and came back to the Raiders and got 5 million to boot.

Seymour

Reaction score
Replacing Bevell doesn't solve the problem. No O coordinator could make this offense function with that line. But give Bevell an oline, and he could make enough offense to win, even if he is not using his weapons properly. Cable absolutely has to go first. 3rd year now I've felt this way. Same story...another wasted year. :pukeface:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2jekbia0 said:

In your dreams. I mean, literally, in your dreams. Because that's the only place you'd see such a scenario.
Doug has just recently stated how much respect he has for Bevell. As has Russ. As has Pete. See the pattern.
They all understand that Bevell is part of the solution to getting things back in place to make another run at the Super Bowl. It's too bad some fans don't have the same foresight.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought the OP was going to say...We could be Patriot fans... ZING!

netskier

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3a4id765 said:

I have always believed that Marshawn did exactly what you suggest, with his actions, and without saying a single word.

Own The West

Reaction score
netskier":1auuq277 said:
TwistedHusky":1auuq277 said:

I have always believed that Marshawn did exactly what you suggest, with his actions, and without saying a single word.

Marshawn always was about that action...Boss.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I watched all 16 games of the 1992 team, you don't have to tell me it could be worse.

I watched the moving vans on TV leaving the practice facility, I watched the endless parade of terrible QB's. Gelbaugh, Stouffer, Mirer, McGwire, Kemp, Friez, Kitna......watched em all.

This isn't "worse," it's not even close to worse. These are the salad days, and you'll never have to remind me of that. There are fans of the Browns, Jets and Colts right now that'd cut off their left arms to be where we're at.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bnid64p said:
I watched all 16 games of the 1992 team, you don't have to tell me it could be worse.

I watched the moving vans on TV leaving the practice facility, I watched the endless parade of terrible QB's. Gelbaugh, Stouffer, Mirer, McGwire, Kemp, Friez, Kitna......watched em all.

This isn't "worse," it's not even close to worse. These are the salad days, and you'll never have to remind me of that. There are fans of the Browns, Jets and Colts right now that'd cut off their left arms to be where we're at.

Poor girl picked all the wrong teams.

Bhdisarmed

mrt144

Reaction score
Seymour":2s3afjgl said:
Replacing Bevell doesn't solve the problem. No O coordinator could make this offense function with that line. But give Bevell an oline, and he could make enough offense to win, even if he is not using his weapons properly. Cable absolutely has to go first. 3rd year now I've felt this way. Same story...another wasted year. :pukeface:

I'd be willing to give a college OC who already deals with shitty O lines a shot.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seymour":2lqcknjj said:

I beg to differ. Case in point yesterday. Rodgers was being assaulted all day yesterday as well. GB schemed around it and went with quick hitters. When you have the talents of Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham, CJ Prosise, Doug Baldwin, Paul Richardson, and Tyler Lockett, a ****hot OC could easily make it work.

Bevell is just clueless and can't out fox his Defensive coordinator counterpart. I mean really, how often did we form up bunched at the line of scrimmage? It's insane. Spread the damn defense out and take a little pressure of our piss poor OL. Get as many defenders as possible away from the box.

Seymour

Reaction score
Steve2222":1duepzkp said:
Seymour":1duepzkp said:

I beg to differ. Case in point yesterday. Rodgers was being assaulted all day yesterday as well. GB schemed around it and went with quick hitters. When you have the talents of Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham, CJ Prosise, Doug Baldwin, Paul Richardson, and Tyler Lockett, a ****hot OC could easily make it work.

Bevell is just clueless and can't out fox his Defensive coordinator counterpart. I mean really, how often did we form up bunched at the line of scrimmage? It's insane. Spread the damn defense out and take a little pressure of our piss poor OL. Get as many defenders as possible away from the box.

This team is built to run the ball. None of that gets the ground game going. I do agree it would help some, but disagree that the o coordinator alone could get enough done. Remember, the coordinator is running the offense that Pete wants to see also.
Also, Tom Cable is #2 in command. He is assistant head coach and run game coordinator.